Just a good one - Leather Oud by Dior
Hermès - Orange Verte
Chanel - Edition Blanche
Guerlain - Boisée
I need suggestions for a new spring/summer fragrance!
I'm looking for a Modern Designer, you see as a masterpiece!
Just a good one - Leather Oud by Dior
1. Epic Man by Amouage (29 wears)
2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (27 wears)
3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (22 wears)
4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (21 wears)
5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (17 wears)
6. Fate Man by Amouage (17 wears)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Chanel Allure Homme
+1 Terre d'Hermès
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
GphII! More on the spring side than summer though.
Hanae Mori H.M. ...talk about a compliment catcher.
Aqua Fahrenheit. I'm looking forward to rediscovering this one next summer.
Or, how about something really cheap online that may surprise you: Corduroy, by Zirh. I saw a fellow basenoter recommend it here and I'm glad he did.
Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
Hanae Mori HM EDT
Not sure if it fits the "Masterpiece" label, but it deserves to be on the list: Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what's a heaven for?"
- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"
Masterpieces from modern designers:
Commes des Garcons- Avignon
Le labo- Patchouli 24
Serge Lutins- Gris Clair
Modern masterpieces from classic designers:
Guerlain- Tonka Imperiale
Hermes- Voyage d'Hermes
Lubin- Idole de Lubin
^ Some of those are not designer. Le Labo, Penhaligons?
Allure Homme (original)
Mugler Cologne -- if you find it a little too synthetic, try Creed's Original Vetiver.
Guerlain Homme L' Eau Boise'e
I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
Eau Sauvage Extreme
As some have already mentioned, I would agree with these for summer:
Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche
Hermes - Terre d'Hermes
Gucci - Pour Homme II (more for fall, but could work on cooler days)
Mugler - Mugler Cologne
I would also add:
Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino
Dior Homme Sport (both 2012 and 2008)
Current Spring Favorites:
1. Creed - Spice & Wood
2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
3. Dior - Vetiver
4. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
5. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Haitian Vetiver
7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
8. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
9. Creed - Green Valley
10. Parfumerie Generale - Grand Siecle Intense 7.1
Here's two I always recommend for Spring and Summer:
L'eau D'Issey Eau d'Eté Summer Edition 2009
Guerlain Homme Leau
I can't say enough about them. They're great in the warm weather.
Concentre d orange Verte. Hermes.
Aqua Fahrenheit +1
Seasonal favorites :
Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London
Spring-Autumn : Bvlgari Pour Homme & Aqua Fahrenheit
Summer : Bvlgari Aqva & Bvlgari Extreme
All-Rounders : Prada Man & Bleu de Chanel
Costum National Homme.
Sel de Vetiver
***My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world : those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.***
HM by Hanae Mori is a great modern fragrance. Buy the EdP if possible, I find it to be a richer, more complete fragrance than the EdT.
I don't have a signature fragrance. My signature changes a little bit every day, why shouldn't my fragrance?
If you want something really masterful and very Niche, try Norne by Slumberhouse. It's magical!
I think OP means designer as in designer vs. niche, i.e. Burberry vs. Le Labo. Not designer as in "producer of fragrances."
That being said, the modern bit kind of throws me for a loop. I'm going to go ahead and say Égoïste by Chanel. I cannot, for the life of me, think of anything near a masterpiece that has been produced recently by a designer firm. There are a few women's scents that spring to mind... I guess that speaks to a larger truth about my tastes in general: I think almost all modern "men's" fragrances (1990s-2013) are just terrible.
Edit: Saw Dior Homme listed above. There you are!
I only own one name that I'd think of as a modern masterpiece, but I think it's kind of iffy for Summer use. Nevertheless, it's the only name I know of that I'd put in the MOMA, if that kind of thing were up to me.
Prada Infusion d'Homme.
Terre d'Hermes. I prefer the Parfum over the EDT, but both are good IMO.
I also really like L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme.