Code of Conduct

Default Confused : Esencia Loewe, Loewe Pour Homme (green juice), Loewe Pour Homme (amber juice)

Howdy all,

I have been reading on here some reports that Loewe pour Homme is a good replacement for Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green. I did an eBay search for "Loewe Pour Homme" and was left a little confused by the results. Some bottles have a bright green juice with white box, some have an amber juice with brown box, some are called Esencia Loewe etc. For example :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOEWE-POUR-H...item484ee8f952

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESENCIA-LOEW...item35be312c2f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOEWE-POUR-H...item45f2f519f6

Out of the three above, is anyone able to help me determine which one is the ideal Bowling Green replacement ?

Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: Confused : Esencia Loewe, Loewe Pour Homme (green juice), Loewe Pour Homme (amber juice)

Loewe Homme, I believe exists in 100 and 150 mls and would usually be in a brown box - this would reflect in the first link on your list and the third link would be the same scent but it would be a tester bottle as the boxes for testers are usually in plain white boxes and the 'cap' that you can see is just a cardboard tube and not a plastic cap - that is the 150 ml version. While is is not similar to Bowling Green, is a timeless and classic in a somewhat old school manner. Essencia Loewe (there is also a ladie's version in red bottel and red box) - the second link, is presented in a dark olive green bottle and is a completely different scent and is such an underrated complex - the description of the fragrance 'combines traditionally light and fresh essences with spicy and aromatic notes' -it is however never overpowering and is such a distinguished and classy affair.

Default Re: Confused : Esencia Loewe, Loewe Pour Homme (green juice), Loewe Pour Homme (amber juice)

aaz,

thanks for that prompt and thorough reply. There's some good information there.

I'm still curious to know why one of the bottles has a yellow / amber juice and the other one has bright green juice.

Thanks

The bottle I have is a 100 ml spray and the colour is somewhat greenish/chartreuse and I have had this for over 10 yrs. Haven't heard of any reformulations of this scent over the years and if there were changes in the colour of the liquid - however as there is oakmoss in the base notes, there may be possibility with the current regulations with that ingredient. Going by the sparkling top notes of Bowling Green, have you tries Boucheron Pour Homme in the eau de parfum concentration, great citrus/woody extremely long lasting in an olde world vibe - may be a little powdery for some but a very 'rich' smell. Be happy to discuss more if you'ld like to send me a PM.

aaz,

thanks for that. Appreciate your time.

Will PM you later if I need to get further into this. Thanks for the kind offer. I have never smelt Loewe, and my linking it with Bowling Green was the result of reading comments on here from one of the Italian boys - I can't remember which one - he was reviewing either Bowling Green or Loewe, and made the connection between the two.

I have thought about buying Boucheron Pour Homme, not in connection to Bowling Green, just generally. I already have Jaipur in the EDP, and whilst i was unconvinced when I first tried it, it is growing on me.

Thanks again.