Code of Conduct

Default creed green irish tweed review

tried this tonight after the gym...i think i stayed in the sauna and steam room to long because my skin now smells like roast pork..anyway back to the review...applied a few swabs of the sample stick to both arms and some on the front of my sweater and then went out to eat at a peking duck house....when i first applied the sample immediatly cool water came to mind(i have not smelled cool water directly probably in 15 years myself but the resemblance is striking..after about 1 hour i noticed this fragrance smells different than cool water..a little less synthetic smelling..after about 3 hours it was a skin scent with a light musky woody note(somewhat similar to other creed drydowns i noticed)...the part of the sample i applied to my sweater seems to last a little bit longer than what i applied to my bare skin......overall i thought this was a nice fragrance. i might buy a small decant, i dont like it enough for a full bottle..i might buy a small bottle of cool water for nostalgia.

my memories of cool water are from a bottle my brother gave me as a hand me down when i was around early puberty/adrenarche..i remember the bottle clearly and around the atomizer it was all gummed up with goop from his gym bag..i think i maybe wore it a few times just for fun but i was never into fragrance at that point in my life...eternity, polo green, and drakkar noir bring back memories for me.....
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: creed green irish tweed review

I had sample vials of GIT, and thought it was nice, but not bottle-worthy.

Trust me when I say this: you need to experience Creed fragrances from a sprayer
    to truly appreciate them--just like most other fragrances.

I've been cutting back on my collection over the last year, only keeping those bottles
    I can't do without. Green Irish Tweed is one of those.

I was lucky enough to get a fresh, 4oz bottle from Walgreen's last year for much less
    than it's retail price, and I couldn't be happier.

There are many fragrances that get hyped around here that don't deserve it IMO.
    Green Irish Tweed isn't one of them--and I'm not a Creed fanboy by any means.
    It's a truly great fragrance deserving of all the praise it receives.

Will always love GIT and will always have it in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    Trust me when I say this: you need to experience Creed fragrances from a sprayer
    to truly appreciate them--just like most other fragrances.
    What do you mean by this?