Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Creed Windsor coming soon

Just left a beauty event a nordstroms and spoke with the creed rep who told me windsor will be rereleased in the next few months. I hope his info is accurate cause if so I'll be buying a bottle.

I got that work!

Default Re: Creed Windsor coming soon

Wow I hope you're right. Certainly put a huge smile on my face just now! Thanks for sharing

I hope we can get someone else to confirm this!
    My Sale Thread! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...Valention-Uomo
    My Swap Thread! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...16#post3374516
    NEW! Creed Pure White Cologne(14G01) split Thread - 125ML remaining! ($70/25ml - $130/100ML) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction

That would be great news for anyone who has always wanted it but wasn't lucky to get it previously.
    Last edited by hednic; 21st March 2015 at 03:58 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Oh wow, that would be great! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the availability.

I heard the exact opposite.

I hope you're right, OP! I'd be happy to buy a flacon.

Looking forward to it! Hopefully this pans out. I still haven't had the opportunity to sample this gem.

So does it only come in a flacon or can you buy smaller bottles? 50ml travel atomizers? And what are the prices?
    I came here to talk fragrances & chew bubblegum.. and i'm all out of bubblegum.

Basenotes Plus

I very highly doubt I would ever buy a bottle of this stuff, but this may finally be my chance to sample it. Thanks for the info, Sweetstench408.
    Check out my swap thread.

Follow me on Twitter.

If true, Most likely it's going to be an attempt by Creed to cash in on its popularity with a reformulated less superior batch.

Yaay!!

What does Windsor smell like?

Basenotes Junkie

Never come across it but think its ment to be eucalyptus, cedar and rose, or something similar to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Thaikick View Post
    What does Windsor smell like?
    From Creed:

Top note: British gin, Jamaican lime and a touch of Scottish highland pine.
    Middle note: "Duke of Windsor" roses, those he preferred in his own garden, the Nuits de Young variety.
    Base note: Bahamian orange, Canadian cedar and a dab of Australian eucalyptus.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    From Creed:

Top note: British gin, Jamaican lime and a touch of Scottish highland pine.
    Middle note: "Duke of Windsor" roses, those he preferred in his own garden, the Nuits de Young variety.
    Base note: Bahamian orange, Canadian cedar and a dab of Australian eucalyptus.
    To your nose does Windsor come across as a bit medicinal? Eucalyptus can sometimes remind me of Vicks (or the like), and I'm hoping this note is not too pronounced.

Oh man, this would be great. I have a sample and it is probably my favorite scent so far, but I have never been able to find it decently priced. Definitely hoping it will be available soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it weren't for the rose, it would be mine.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Sound Scents

I couldn't stand this one, so I hope it stays "retired". That said, based on Creed's past behavior I would wager the Creed sales rep is correct.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Why So Serious?

The newer batches have too much eucalyptus. The 2009 (darker juice)had a really good balance of notes, it was really good, so my hopes are not high with the newest batches if the do get released.
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Puredistance M
    3. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    4. Guerlain Coriolan
    5. BPC Oud

Decants for swap: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...swap-US-Canada

I hope this is true. Been wanting this one for quite some time.

I love this stuff. But I wasn't a fan at all when I first tried it. One of the few fragrances where my opinion changed 180°.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. Brückner - Aoud 1

That's good news.

I hope this is true as I've not sampled it.

Basenotes Plus

If this is true I'll be stocking up.
    Top Fragrances, no order:
    Windsor by Creed
    Spice and Wood by Creed
    Pure White Cologne by Creed
    Fetish by Roja Dove
    Tribute Attar by Amouage
    Interlude Man by Amouage
    Aventus by Creed
    Vintage Tabarome by Creed
    XJ Homme by Xerjoff
    Journey Man by Amouage

Vaulted / un- vaulted to me is ...Meh !!! It's not all it's over hyped out to be : caveat Please sample "don't blind buy"
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

It's worth a sample for sure! Any idea on the release dates yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

He told me its supposed to be top secret but that they will be letting their regular customers know soon. He said he found out about it last week. He didn't know if it would be in atomizers or flacons though.

It doesn't sound like my bag of cats.
    "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, every fear is gone."

Without sounding rude, I find this very hard to believe.

This rumor has been released numerous times before from other retail SAs. I certainly hope it's true as I only have around 80mls remaining.

Glad a can follow this thread
    Amazing how your tastes change....

I have no more muglers in my wardrobe

and yes, I bleed creed

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Puremugler View Post
    Without sounding rude, I find this very hard to believe.

This rumor has been released numerous times before from other retail SAs. I certainly hope it's true as I only have around 80mls remaining.

Glad a can follow this thread
    I wasn't big into fragrances when windsor was released so I never had the chance to pick it up or even try it. I'll buy it even if I don't like it just to hace it part of my collection. That said he told me the info on his own I didn't even bring up windsor I basically was giving him a rundown of my creed collection and he was like by the way....

Called Creed Boutique about this and I was told that nothing has been confirmed on a return for Windsor. They told me Creed is as secretive as Apple about what's coming.

I was told if it did happen, it would appear first at the Boutique. No info on whether it would ever be sold at other stores, or if the Boutique would exclusively sell it.

It was also reported that if it did happen, they would make a brand-new batch, and it wouldn't just be a return of the 2010 batch again.

Looks like nothing definite yet, but hopeful!
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 21st March 2015 at 05:48 PM.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Mancera Lemon Line, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...tisan-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Rare CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Mancera Lemon Line, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Called Creed Boutique about this and I was told that nothing has been confirmed on a return for Windsor. They told me Creed is as secretive as Apple about what's coming.

I was told if it did happen, it would appear first at the Boutique. No info on whether it would ever be sold at other stores, or if the Boutique would exclusively sell it.

It was also reported that if it did happen, they would make a brand-new batch, and it wouldn't just be a return of the 2010 batch again.

I'm thinking it might be another atomizer promotion if they do re-release Windsor in the next few months.

I find it hard to believe a new batch could be made since there's stricter IFRA restrictions now and the possibility that some ingredients may be difficult to find.
    Last edited by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer; 21st March 2015 at 06:10 PM.

Basenotes Plus

At least there's hope!!!! I don't mind a brand new batch considering that I've never smelled the 2009 or 2010

If only the atomizers again, I'll pass. If it's the flacon and it's not been reformulated in the negative, I'd buy another flacon... barring huge price differences and it's not prohibitively expensive.

But given how much prices have risen for anything Creed, I'm not sure. Let's see if this happens.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Swap Thread | My Sale Thread
    Looking for Roja Dove Enigma/Creation E... decants welcome

Basenotes Plus

It wouldn't surprise me if all the "vaulted" fragrances end up for sale in entirety at some point, obviously at prohibitively expensive prices. Regular offerings > Royal Exclusives > Vaulted Rarities.
    Top Fragrances, no order:
    Windsor by Creed
    Spice and Wood by Creed
    Pure White Cologne by Creed
    Fetish by Roja Dove
    Tribute Attar by Amouage
    Interlude Man by Amouage
    Aventus by Creed
    Vintage Tabarome by Creed
    XJ Homme by Xerjoff
    Journey Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstench408 View Post
    At least there's hope!!!! I don't mind a brand new batch considering that I've never smelled the 2009 or 2010
    I not only wouldn't mind, I would actually PREFER a new batch over 2010. I want any new Windsor to be as close to the 2009 batch as possible.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Mancera Lemon Line, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...tisan-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Rare CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Mancera Lemon Line, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Plus

I not only wouldn't mind, I would actually PREFER a new batch over 2010. I want any new Windsor to be as close to the 2009 batch as possible.
    Was 2010 that bad?

No, it wasn't "bad," but definitely not as fantastic (and pretty much perfect, IMO) as 2009.

With 2009, you could smell ALL the listed notes in the opening and they were fantastic.

2010 simply starts out smelling like the already dried down version of 2009. Yes, it still has the great Windsor dry down, but it's like missing the first half, IMO.

2009 is smoother and evolves. 2010 is pretty linear to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    To your nose does Windsor come across as a bit medicinal? Eucalyptus can sometimes remind me of Vicks (or the like), and I'm hoping this note is not too pronounced.
    Not to my nose, and not that prominent IMO.

No, it wasn't "bad," but definitely not as fantastic (and pretty much perfect, IMO) as 2009.

With 2009, you could smell ALL the listed notes in the opening and they were fantastic.

2010 simply starts out smelling like the already dried down version of 2009. Yes, it still has the great Windsor dry down, but it's like missing the first half, IMO.

2009 is smoother and evolves. 2010 is pretty linear to my nose.
    I wonder which notes contribute to these differences between 2009 and 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not to my nose, and not that prominent IMO.
    Wonderful, thanks Hednic!

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I'm thinking it might be another atomizer promotion if they do re-release Windsor in the next few months.

I find it hard to believe a new batch could be made since there's stricter IFRA restrictions now and the possibility that some ingredients may be difficult to find.
    I agree with you about just being the atomizer if all they do is bring back more of the 2010 stock (as they did around the holidays in 2013).

But if they DO wind up making a completely different batch, I would think they would sell it in flacons as well. I can't imagine them going to all the trouble of making a new batch, just to sell it in atomizers. Like everyone else, I WISH they would sell it in their 4.0 and 2.5 oz bottles. That's what everyone really wants!

No word on whether sales would be a short or long-term, but I'm thinking it would be a more medium-term promotional deal like they did with the 2010 batch. I believe they wound up actually selling it for 2-3 years before discontinuing it.

If they don't make more, I would think it would be a shorter-term promotion, as they have done with other temporary fragrances in the past.

I'm down for a flacon if it's similar to 09 or 10. Both are excellent IMO

and yes, I bleed creed

I would disagree with hednic on this. I remember the first time I smelled a sample of Windsor, I actually thought there must've been some mistake and I had received the wrong sample. Because I remember thinking there was no way the infamous "Windsor" could smell what I was smelling. All I could think of when I first smelled it was BenGay ointment! I just knew I had received the wrong thing! But, alas, I hadn't.

I found that Windsor is a great example of our sense of smell "learning" just like our other senses. And I think this is a very common initial reaction to Windsor, because I have seen so many people report that they didn't especially like it when they first smelled it, but it turned into one of their favorites. I think the reason so many are surprised when they first smell it is because most people have never experienced the medicinal smell in perfumery before. But after you learn the fragrance and know what to expect, it's no longer a shocking or unpleasant thing.

After I "learned" about Windsor, it definitely became one of my favorites. Who would have ever believed such a thing when I initially thought it smelled like BenGay? Experiencing the Windsor dry down can change your mind in a hurry!

^ I'm one of those people. When I first smelled it, I thought it smelled like mothballs. I can't say I disliked it, but it did smell weird to me. Now it's one of my absolute favorites. Perhaps my number one.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 21st March 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Exactly how I felt about it. And how i feel about it now. From mothballs to magnificent.
    Last edited by dougczar; 21st March 2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Ormonde Jayne - Black Gold
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. House of Matriarch - Blackbird
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. Brückner - Aoud 1

Lol! Windsor by creed "from mothballs to magnificent"

and yes, I bleed creed

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    ^ I'm one of those people. When I first smelled it, I thought it smelled like mothballs. I can't say I disliked it, but it did smell weird to me. Now it's one of my absolute favorites. Perhaps my number one.
    Interesting! Thanks for your responses JiveHippo, dougczar, and RedRaider430.

I've had many experiences with hating fragrances at first but growing to enjoy them later. Given the high regard for Windsor, I will be keeping my eye out for any possible rerelease. I'm okay with smelling like very expensive mothballs .

Sound Scents

Sorry to butt in, but I will respectfully disagree on the strength of the eucalyptus, at least on my skin... Windsor (2009) is a eucalyptus bomb, showing off its most aromatic medicinal facets and obscuring the rose. That is the primary reason I can't stand it. If you don't love eucalyptus in all its glory, steer well-clear of this stuff!
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Sorry to butt in, but I will respectfully disagree on the strength of the eucalyptus, at least on my skin... Windsor (2009) is a eucalyptus bomb, showing off its most aromatic medicinal facets and obscuring the rose. That is the primary reason I can't stand it. If you don't love eucalyptus in all its glory, steer well-clear of this stuff!
    Uh oh lol. One thing is for sure: with all of the different impressions on the prevalence of this note, I will be sure to write down the exact batch and year when I sample the fragrance. I'd hate to love a sample then purchase something very different.

Uh oh lol. One thing is for sure: with all of the different impressions on the prevalence of this note, I will be sure to write down the exact batch and year when I sample the fragrance. I'd hate to love a sample then purchase something very different.
    There are only two (so far)!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    There are only two (so far)!
    True, but if it is a full rerelease I'd expect more than a single batch to be available.

This is very good news for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I have only the 2010 version and although I can recognize the eucalyptus, I don't find it overpowering in any sense. The rose is stunningly good and I hope the new launch will closely resemble that one.

True, but if it is a full rerelease I'd expect more than a single batch to be available.
    I don't know, I would love for that to be the case, though.

Apparently Windsor sat around in some stores for years without interest, much like Feuille Verte is now. Then a run happened and everyone scooped up all remaining quantities.

People seem to want what they can't have. Having too much inventory might suppress the urgency to buy, and history would repeat itself.

Wish they would release this in 2.5 or 4 oz bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Wish they would release this in 2.5 or 4 oz bottles
    A 4oz. Spray would be so nice.

Feuilles Vertes is better than Windsor.... When its gone, you all will be "So-So Sorry".

You are missing out on a gem... With that being said, its far less Feuilles Vertes than there is Windsor ever produced. Sure, Windsor is sold out, but can still be sourced by the Flacon. That wont be the same case as far as Feuilles Vertes. When its gone... its gone.

Windsor is a good fragrance no doubt, but it only has all the wonderful things like lime, rum, etc. for the first 30 seconds and then becomes a heady white floral (they probably used the left over base from the discontinued Irisia).

Quote Originally Posted by FreshSmell View Post
    Feuilles Vertes is better than Windsor.... When its gone, you all will be "So-So Sorry".

You are missing out on a gem... With that being said, its far less Feuilles Vertes than there is Windsor ever produced. Sure, Windsor is sold out, but can still be sourced by the Flacon. That wont be the same case as far as Feuilles Vertes. When its gone... its gone.
    Yes both are amazing fragrances.

Although I still see plenty of Feuilles Vertes atomizers from the 2013 promotion being sold at my local Neiman Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    I don't know, I would love for that to be the case, though.

Apparently Windsor sat around in some stores for years without interest, much like Feuille Verte is now. Then a run happened and everyone scooped up all remaining quantities.

People seem to want what they can't have. Having too much inventory might suppress the urgency to buy, and history would repeat itself.
    Very interesting! Thanks, I was not aware of the history.

Has there been any indication of ballpark pricing?