Code of Conduct

Default A* men Thierry Mugler

Hi everyone,
    i am new here, just wanted to ask question about a* men reformulation because i allready read a lot of threads about a* men being reformulated so i decided to contact Thierry Mugler customer service and here is what they said :'' Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Thierry Mugler!

We will be happy to assist you with your inquiry. A*Men has not be reformulated in any way. Theirry Mugler has released several new, limited edition fragrances for men but the original A*Men fragrance has not been modified.

If you have any further questions or comments, please contact us online at customerservice@muglerstoreusa.com or call us at 1-877-843-7968. Thierry Mugler Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 7:00PM EST, to assist you.

Thank you for exploring Thierry Mugler’s fascinating universe on MuglerStoreUSA.com!

Celestially yours,

Nikki W.

Customer Care Department "
    ---- hope that i am not to annoying by posting thread like this, but i would really like to hear experts opinion on how everybody seems to notice the change in juice and their official customer service claims that nothing has really changed.Thank to everybody who spares some time to read this and answer.. Wish you all the best.

Default Re: A* men Thierry Mugler

I personally have never noticed any changes.

Hi , thanks for your reply.. I never had chance to smell vintage version, but i have smelled a version from couple of years ago and i agree it seems same to me like one i have now.. although there is a slight diffrence in colour of juice...I asked question because so many people claim that diffrence is very dramatic..

I've not smelled the supposed reformulated version, but I have read that the juice is a completely different color (as you state). How can the formula be the same if the juice has changed color? My guess is Mugler's customer service blatantly lied to you, not surprising.

CologneFan85

I smell no difference...I don't think they are lying to you.

@jivehippo
    i see what are you saying but , i think colour is not the problem i think colour is not what gives smell to the juice.. I tried a* men with aqua colour and new one with saphirine colour and they seem pretty same to me.. maybe i'm not experienced enough to notice slight diffrence but i can say for sure diffrence is not huge like some claim. Do you think customer services can lie just like that? ( i never smelled greenish version which i think is oldest )
    @ colognefan85

i think that too

CologneFan85

Color and smell are two different things. I own a bottle from 2010, and have a late 2012 bottle" from a gift" and it smells the same.

If colour is not caused by the ingridients that cause smell , then it really doesnt matter juice could be probably without colour and smell same ...

Like I said, I haven't smelled the new purple juice, so I will reserve judgment until I do. All I know is what I've read on Basenotes. But if the color is different, wouldn't that tell you that something has been changed? For what reason would the color all of a sudden change? A*men was released in 1996, hard to believe it's not been reformulated since then. As far as customer service lying to you, I wouldn't put it past them.

CologneFan85

Color isn't necessarily changing smell...My newer bottle has blue juice

@ JiveHippo

i'm really not trying to defend them neither am i naive to blindly trust them , but it could mean what they said that the smelling part of juice is not changed. If colour is just artificial paint with no connection to smelling notes then it doesn't matter.. colour could be changed during some period for purely estetical reasons.. sorry for my bad english it is not my native language..

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I really do not believe that A*Men has been reformulated. Though you should not believe what TM Customer Service has to say on the issue. Most fragrance houses do not make admissions to having reformulated their juice. I just purchased a new 3.4 oz refill of A*Men. Seems to be the exact formula to me.

When a company has a successful product, it's in their best interest to keep it consistent. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There has to be more to the color change than just aesthetics.

I'm interested to smell the new one now lol. I've seen the purple juice at the mall, next time I'm there I'll be sure to give it a test!

Ps: no need to apologize for your English, it's very good. I couldn't tell that you're a foreigner.

@senore01
    Thanks for reply i believe that maybe ingridient source is not the same as it was 15 years ago , but when they say nothing is changed they probably mean that formula has not changed.. but some ingridients are probably sinthetical now due to law changes or whatever.. i believe you are right about what you say parfume is still very strong lasted 30 hrs on me one day ..

- - - Updated - - -

@ JiveHippo
    thanks you are kind , i would like to hear your opinion when you get chance to smell it it would clear things out a bit then

Djuka, there is no change whatsoever. Thierry Mugler is one of my favorite houses, partially, because of that reason.
    Kiro

Thanks Kig , i'm glad too hear that.

Blog Entries

Haven't smelled the original 1996 A*Men, but I'm glad to hear the formulation is still the same, as A*Men is one of my favorites.

Exactly my situation, i'm sorry that i didn't have chance to smell the old bottle. In my country allmost no one wears this smell, at least no one i ever knew.. Ladies Angel is very popular but A* men not so much, if i hadn't been reading about scents maybe i wouldn't know about it neither.. I started buying it about year ago and it is by far my favourite smell

Banned
    Blog Entries

i havent noticed any changes either

This is the first time that i see so many people claiming that no changes have been made to scent, i have searched for quite some time now and in most threads people are saying how the juice is not potent any more, tar note has been removed or lowered very much , that it is not the same frag anymore. I was very confused because everyone was saying diffrent things.. All i know is that this the latest saphire colour version is smelling very good on me, everybody is asking what is it , it smells so good etc..