Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Hello again all,

    in a similar vein to my recent thread regarding Guerlian Vetiver, I am also curious to know about Guerlian Vetiver Extreme. I have seen two different bottle designs on eBay, and if anyone can tell me about these two, I'd be most appreciative.

    Thanks in advance.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-VETIVER-...item4cfd5974f8

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vetiver-Extr...item4ab144b0d3

  2. #2
    hedonist222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    16,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    The taller bottle is the latest one from Guerlain.

    for swap/sale:





  3. #3
    Dependent southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    The first picture is the current formula and the second is the old formula. I own the current version of the Guerlain Vetiver Extreme which as it's name implies has better longevity and sillage and I love it!
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

  4. #4
    Overcome By Fumes
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    The bottles with the alternating stripes of frosted glass were in use for Vetiver, Vetiver Extreme, And Vetiver Frozen, before the latest set of bottles, which are actually similar to the previous Vetiver bottles (and recent Habit Rouge bottles). I haven't had enough experience with the different formulations to speak much to the differences between them.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Is there root earthiness in this or is it fresh?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Thanks guys - appreciate your time in replying.

    Is anyone able to compare the two, in terms of sillage, longevity, notes etc. ?

    Thanks

  7. #7

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Mine is the old one and although I can't remember trying the current one, I imagine it must be just as good.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Junkie FullCollapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Im interested in knowing more about these too.

  9. #9
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,035
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Is there root earthiness in this or is it fresh?
    The vetiver in Extreme is more earthy than the regular GV, and without the characteristic tobacco accord of GV plus added nutmeg and tonka bean, Extreme wears "heavier" than GV, but with less vibrancy sillage-wise. Extreme lasts much longer than GV. Extreme is my preferred Guerlain vetiver.

    I have both the ribbed and new tall bottles (please don't ask why ) . It may just be my perception but the ribbed bottle seems to be very slightly deeper, or the taller bottle fresher. Just my perception though.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    The vetiver in Extreme is more earthy than the regular GV, and without the characteristic tobacco accord of GV plus added nutmeg and tonka bean, Extreme wears "heavier" than GV, but with less vibrancy sillage-wise. Extreme lasts much longer than GV. Extreme is my preferred Guerlain vetiver.

    I have both the ribbed and new tall bottles (please don't ask why ) . It may just be my perception but the ribbed bottle seems to be very slightly deeper, or the taller bottle fresher. Just my perception though.
    Thanks guys - appreciate your responses.

    Ans special thanks to perfaddict. Lost of useful info in your post.

  11. #11
    Basenotes Junkie walkdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    IDAHO
    Posts
    522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    As a note to this discussion, you should be aware that the large ribbed bottle of Vetiver Extreme is available in 100ml and 125ml too. I was able to get a bottle of 125ml for the same price as the 100ml were going for on ebay.

  12. #12
    nfn1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shiraz
    Posts
    1,655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Thank you all for sharing information...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    The taller bottle is the latest one from Guerlain.

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Just to point out something that I regularly mention. I don't know about the Extreme, but the latest formulation of the regular Guerlain Vetiver is currently being sold in *both* styles of bottle - at least in the UK and in some Asian markets, which suggests you'll find a mix of bottles wherever you look.

    For example, my nearest Debenhams in the UK currently sells Guerlain Vetiver in both styles of bottle. I can't remember which way round it was, but last time I was there I think they had the 50ml straight bottle and the 125ml ribbed bottle - the contents were absolutely identical.

    (And judging by walkdogg's observations, the same is true of the Extreme)
    Alan

  15. #15
    Male Member
    Marais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscroft View Post
    Just to point out something that I regularly mention. I don't know about the Extreme, but the latest formulation of the regular Guerlain Vetiver is currently being sold in *both* styles of bottle - at least in the UK and in some Asian markets, which suggests you'll find a mix of bottles wherever you look.

    For example, my nearest Debenhams in the UK currently sells Guerlain Vetiver in both styles of bottle. I can't remember which way round it was, but last time I was there I think they had the 50ml straight bottle and the 125ml ribbed bottle - the contents were absolutely identical.
    I suspect that is just old stock. I have ribbed and new bottles and can barely tell any differences between them.

  16. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Different bottle of Guerlian Vetiver Extreme

    Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I suspect that is just old stock. I have ribbed and new bottles and can barely tell any differences between them.
    When I bought mine, they only had the straight bottles - then a couple of months later, they had the ribbed ones, and last time I looked they had both. It may well be old stock still coming through, but one thing is for certain - you can't tell it's an older formulation just from the bottle.
    Last edited by Oscroft; 27th January 2013 at 08:54 PM.
    Alan

Similar Threads

  1. Have Guerlain Vetiver and Vetiver Extreme been repackaged?
    By jwpianoboe in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 28th April 2013, 04:53 PM
  2. Help regarding current and older Guerlian Vetiver
    By Paul P in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th January 2013, 01:52 AM
  3. Help regarding current and older Guerlian Vetiver
    By Paul P in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13th January 2013, 10:55 AM
  4. Help regrading current and older Guerlian Vetiver
    By Paul P in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th January 2013, 11:13 PM
  5. Guerlain Vetiver vs Extreme Vetiver
    By Bruspotter in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25th September 2009, 06:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •