Code of Conduct

Default David Beckham launches Urban Homme

From the press release:
    Edgy. Modern. Masculine. David Beckham is a man of exceptional style and taste. Now, David’s cool urban look has inspired his new limited edition fragrance for men: Urban Homme by David Beckham. Exuding relaxed elegance, this fougère ambery fruity scent is the perfect expression of contemporary male style.

Talking about his new fragrance, David says: “Over the years I have developed my own style, which has inspired the creation of Urban Homme. It’s an edgy, masculine fragrance with overriding suede tones.

The fragrance opens with a juicy mix of zesty mandarin, crunchy green apple and thyme, which invigorates and exhilarates the senses. This quickly evolves into a surprising combination of aromatic lavender,violet leaves and a touch of fruity pineapple, creating a rich sensuality.

This is accented by the smooth, masculine dry down: a warm and powerful blend of vibrant amber, suede and cedarwood. The overall experience is fresh, elegant and alluring, just like David.

Top Notes: Crunchy Green Apple, Mandarin, Thyme
    Heart Notes: Lavender, Violet Leaves, Pineapple
    Base Notes: Vibrant Amber, Suede, Cedarwood

Perfumer: Maurice Roucel from Symrise
    Last edited by furrypine; 13th January 2013 at 04:01 PM.

Default Re: David Beckham launches Urban Homme

Needless to say it would be another junk aimed at value fragrance shoppers. Lets just say unemployed will have a new smell.

Pass

tHe bottle and graphic are a TOTAL rip-off of Comme Des Garcons Odeur 71....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Needless to say it would be another junk aimed at value fragrance shoppers. Lets just say unemployed will have a new smell.
    If you want to slag off a fragrance you haven't even tried, then fine; But is it really necessary to take a swipe at people less fortunate than yourself?
    Last edited by Sol invictus; 13th January 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Coty certainly get a lot of mileage out of Beckham. I think most of the scents are boring unfortunately. Intimately Yours is a fairly good copy of Hypnose though.

fougère ambery fruity scent...

Top Notes: Crunchy Green Apple...

Heart Notes: Pineapple...

Perfumer: Maurice Roucel...

Roucel's take on AVENTUS??!!!????

Are they really considered to be junk? I've never smelled any Beckhams but I thought they were slightly more upscale than reality star-fragrances.

I like Signature. I think a few of Beckham's frags are underated. I will get a sample of this. If it's good, it's in the collection.

I immediately thought aventus as well when I saw the notes....

I can dream, right?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    If you want to slag off a fragrance you haven't even tried, then fine; But is it really necessary to take a swipe at people less fortunate than yourself?
    Sorry if I have offended you. I was just making a point.

I've had enough of this from the Sun and the Daily Mail recently. I don't think scents are high priority for most people who get £70 per week. Most are more concerned about eating.

I don't care if this has Beckham's name attached I will try anything from Roucel. Don't be surprised if this turns out good people! He's a fantastic nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    fougère ambery fruity scent...

Top Notes: Crunchy Green Apple...

Heart Notes: Pineapple...

Perfumer: Maurice Roucel...

Roucel's take on AVENTUS??!!!????
    Respect to Roucel if he can make it better!

will blind buy. Beckham homme and instinct have both been great and could have easily retailed at three times their price.

why anyone would pass on a Maurice Roucel fragrance, just because this time it doesn't say bond no.9 but beckham, is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    will blind buy. Beckham homme and instinct have both been great and could have easily retailed at three times their price.

why anyone would pass on a Maurice Roucel fragrance, just because this time it doesn't say bond no.9 but beckham, is beyond me.
    I'll also be blind buying. Knowing Roucel it'll be a safe blind buy too!

I tend to hate Roucel's work as it always comes across to me as very plastic and synthetic, but that being said, the Beckham scents have actually been really quite good, on average. Beckham Homme is actually *great* - sort of a mix of TdH, Bvlgari Man, and Fahrenheit.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

yeah. will test it, dont care about the brand name. it can be great and also junk. will see
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Beckham Homme is great. How this will be of the same quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Beckham Homme is great. How this will be of the same quality.

Everything that is wrong with modern society right there. Horrible political and ideological views and besides you haven't even smelt the thing yet! Thatcher's children indeed.

I'll admit I'm in conflict as I love Roucel but loathe to add to the 'Team Beckham' coffers. Will probably still bite the bullet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sure Shot View Post
    Everything that is wrong with modern society right there. Horrible political and ideological views and besides you haven't even smelt the thing yet! Thatcher's children indeed.

I'll admit I'm in conflict as I love Roucel but loathe to add to the 'Team Beckham' coffers. Will probably still bite the bullet though.
    Please can you take your political BS elsewhere. I can't believe the number of lefties has gone up by so much!

This did rapidly turn political. Wow.

Regardless, the notes sound intriguing. I'd bet Wal Mart had this offering, and for a reasonable amount. Sounds like Aventus and the original Calvin...I love both.

Please can you take your political BS elsewhere. I can't believe the number of lefties has gone up by so much!

Basenotes is crawling with "lefties".
    Because three people picked up on your nasty little comment about the taste of the unemployed ?

(Ok, maybe the Thatcher comment was a bit of a giveaway.)
    Last edited by martinijo; 22nd January 2013 at 11:54 AM.

So I can take my political BS elsewhere whereas you do what? Hand out outright insults to those less fortunate than yourself whilst barely mentioning that the thing in the bottle might actually smell nice?

Don't innocently act as if you were giving an honest appraisal of fragrance and us 'lefties' have gone loony on you. You saw a chance for a cheap dig (that most Tories would even shy away from) and took it.

You derailed the thread with an irrelevant post so don't start crying if people rightly pick you up on it.
    Last edited by Sure Shot; 22nd January 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Anybody tried this yet? I've seen some impressions posted elsewhere so I assume it's hit shelves.

I'm unemployed, and I have been since I started collecting. Here is my fragrance collection - http://www.fragrantica.com/member/49462/

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    I'm unemployed, and I have been since I started collecting. Here is my fragrance collection - http://www.fragrantica.com/member/49462/
    Well OK but everyone knows you need a wardrobe like that in Bury just to be taken seriously in the Jobcentre.

This is unfair elitism. I have some expensive fragrances that give me a meh and cheap ones I love. Price can mean nothing or everything. It all depends. David Beckham's scents are crucified in some fragrance guidebooks but are passable to me when I want something casual. I have low expectations for most celebrity scents because much of the money goes to the celebrity, not the scent's development and ingredients.

Still this will turn up at TJMaxx soon enough at $19.95 or less. It might or might not be worth it. I just don't know until I sample.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I tend to hate Roucel's work as it always comes across to me as very plastic and synthetic, but that being said, the Beckham scents have actually been really quite good, on average. Beckham Homme is actually *great* - sort of a mix of TdH, Bvlgari Man, and Fahrenheit.
    +2!

His scents are good, i have a small bottle of yours truly or something, i have had complements on this thing almost straight away. Not worn it in a few months, ill have to try it.

Homme surprised me, that one is nice. Rate it higher than Dior Homme Sport any day.

Smile Re: David Beckham launches Urban Homme

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Well in that case, you're welcome ;-)

..... before I get lynched, this was a joke

Well, the original to this was very good, David Beckham Homme. It reminds me of a smoother TdH.. but this one just looks boring. I am attempting to get a sample though, stand by.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

I must say, I actually enjoyed the original David Beckham Homme, was it a show stopper? no, but it was very very pleasant, and the anise/pepper drydown was lovely. I mean granted the David Beckham brand is a cheesefest, but he's now gotten some very talented perfumiers producing quality stuff.

If it didn't have Roucel's nose behind it I wouldn't be as interested honestly. But I've noticed since Instincts release (2005) I assume the budgets behind his frags are getting larger as the more recent ones have better noses working on them which is a good trend. Also this is half price already at a local retailer near me so I'll probably pick it up this week! Another Roucel frag is always welcome in my collection!

Blog Entries

I find it funny and baffling how celebrities-like the creators of perfumes are on basenotes ) first time i hear the name Roucel!
    www.smellandtell.wordpress.com <-- my rookie perfume review blog.
    Last review: Histoires de Parfums - 1740
    Say hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktrick View Post
    I find it funny and baffling how celebrities-like the creators of perfumes are on basenotes ) first time i hear the name Roucel!
    Roucel has more than earned that distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    tHe bottle and graphic are a TOTAL rip-off of Comme Des Garcons Odeur 71....
    Agreed. Pass
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Just purchased this. Already down to $20 AU! Was interested primarily because Roucel is a favourite nose of mine. Anyway I have no BN reviews mainly because I'm not very skilled at explaining or interpreting notes but I'll do my best. My early thoughts...

- Very synthetic also sweet at the top but at this price point forgiveable and accepted
    - Huge amount of green apple at the top
    - One spray to each wrist is projecting quite strongly
    - Also getting suede now (1 hour in)
    - Improving as it's drying down with a nice amber
    - Best longevity yet from a Beckham frag well done Roucel!
    - Gorgeous dry down...this is great juice for the money
    - Now six hours in and easily detected on my wrists...impressive
    Last edited by alexwagner; 12th February 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Well in that case, you're welcome ;-)

..... before I get lynched, this was a joke
    Not at all! I'm sure you appreciate that your taxes are being spent wisely!

Urban Home?

I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Anyone else?

If i can test it i will, but might blind buy it.