Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Kinski Eau de Toilette

From nstperfume.com:

New at Colette in Paris is a fragrance in honor of actor Klaus Kinski, Kinski Eau de Toilette:

Produced under licence to the Kinski Foundation to mark the 20th anniversary of the actor’s death, KINSKI the fragrance is a richly decadent, textured scent with heady top notes including cassis, juniper and castoreum; a heart with oceanic notes inspired by Kinski’s love of the sea; and a base of animalic and woody notes that reflect his own almost feral sensuality.

The bottle design is an expressionistic rendering of Kinski’s own face, fragmented like the actor’s splintered personality.

Kinski Eau de Toilette is available in 100 ml, €117 exclu. VAT.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Kinski Eau de Toilette

Like the bottle design

Def will try this if I come across it.

As a Kinski fan I look forward to sampling this!

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    As a Kinski fan I look forward to sampling this!
    Me too. Thanks Petruccijc, for the news.

The idea of a Kinski fragrance sounds awesome. I love the actor--but That being said, this may be marketing for film buffs.... the "oceanic" note in the heart makes me nervous....

This frag should have been called Wrath of God.

Lucky Scent lists the notes as follows.

Cassis, juniper berry, schinus molle (Peruvian pepper), castoreum, marijuana accord, nutmeg, plum, orchid, magnolia, orange flower, rose, benzoin, vetiver, cedar, patchouly, styrax, cistus, costus (ginger), musk, moss, ambergris.

Sounds really interesting.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I'll give this sniff next week. Looks pretty wild to me.

It does look pretty wild! It has some of my favorite notes in it, I am so interested in this one. And with "a heart with oceanic notes", this sounds sort of strange, but Kinski was sort of a strange actor. Really want to sample this one.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Basenotes Plus

I have this and posted a review on it.
    Looking for:

Creed - SMW, MI
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood, Neroli P, Amber
    Amouage - Jubilation
    Acqua di Parma - Essenza
    Molecule 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Basenotes Plus

Hey guys, so I bought Kinski about two weeks ago at Scent Bar. Now you have to bare with me because I am NO where near as smart the lot of you that I have been "talking" to about fragrances, BUT I'm going to try. I have used it four times and now I'm a little more confident about giving a review.

Kinski Notes
    Cassis, juniper berry, schinus molle (Peruvian pepper), castoreum, marijuana acccord, nutmeg, plum, orchid, magnolia, orange flower, rose, benzoin, vetiver, cedar, patchouly, styrax, cistus, costus (ginger), musk, moss, ambergris

Kinski is odd and confusing and I hate and LOVE it all at the same time throughout the journey that it takes me on. This is a very bold complex textured scent. If you don't like woods or Vetiver, then I would pass, but I LOVE both.

The first five mins of putting this on I think to myself, "What the hell is this smell?" It's so completely different and I have no words. I will say last night I put it on and sat on the couch next to my perfect adorable Boxer Marley and she literally sat up and started to smell my arm, then started to lick me, LOL. She has never done that, now I know she's a dog and not a beautiful woman, but that had to be a compliment right, LOL. Anyway, the first 5 mins, I'm confused and think I hate it, but I believe it's a love hate thing, because from then on, I'm TOTALLY in love with Kinski. It has longevity and takes you on a multifaceted journey.

"Kinski begins boldly as cassis and juniper are met with a mix of castoreum and vetiver. The castoreum adds an early animalic touch and the vetiver seems like the vetiveryle from Escentric Molecules 03, full of smoky intensity. This is a mix of top notes which are better together than as their separate parts. This is slightly sweet berry over strongly dark notes to comprise a study in yin and yang. The heart is a quartet of floral notes; rose, magnolia, cistus, and orchid; which again provide a yin. The yang in the heart comes from nutmeg, pepper, ginger, benzoin, and styrax. Hr. Schoen accentuates the prickly, piquant nature of the latter set of notes, much like Hr. Kinski’s famous temperament. They are layered over a traditional floral beauty, much like Hr. Kinski’s acting talent. The base notes are the only thing in Kinski which are straightforward as Hr. Schoen gives my overworked olfactory receptors a break. Patchouli, musk, and ambergris are the surprisingly soothing finish to this fragrance."
    Looking for:

Creed - SMW, MI
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood, Neroli P, Amber
    Amouage - Jubilation
    Acqua di Parma - Essenza
    Molecule 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I really wanted to love this, it only reminded me of reefer in the 80's, cheap incense, shag in the back of a van, not good at all.

The idea of this is very exciting. I would almost blind buy this based on the fact that Klaus Kinski is one of my favorite eccentrics.

On my "test" list

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I've a sample making its way to me now

Quote Originally Posted by musclegod007 View Post
    I really wanted to love this, it only reminded me of reefer in the 80's, cheap incense, shag in the back of a van, not good at all.
    i would have been grateful to have even gotten that out of it.
    it's a very light, non-event in my opiniion.

Castoreum can make me feel ill quickly, so this would be a definite sample first for me.

Nobody need be concerned about oceanic. Maybe (Iso) ocEanic (Super). I like that with all the woods and incense it still manages to be very lightfooted. And there is a nice ongoing tension between the citrus peel and the wood.

I really wanted to like this one too. I've tried it a few times now and it smells great during the first couple hours when it smells herbal and green, but ultimately ends up smelling like very bitter and dried out stale weed. You've smelled this smell before - its not great.

Regrettably I too am chalking this up as a flop. It's like a paler, greener version of Encre Noire. Not sure how this is supposed to reflect the character of an eccentric genius.

Too bad about the negative reviews. I liked the bottle and the concept, but from the sound of it, it's none too exciting.

Hello there. This was an interesting release, wasn't it?

Well, the fragrance itself is just a bit of a disapointment. It's fairly well put together (Geza Schoen), but I wish it was more full-bodied with a few hundred meters more depth to it.

It's very green. Spicy and masculine tobacco. It's like a (wonderful) Creed's Vintage Tabarome hastily and blindly reformulated.

I smell mainly juniper berries, pepper, moss, tobacco and bay leaf. And yes, I know the two latter ones are not supposed to even be there.

Magnificent presentation with a mouthwatering concept (I'm probably the only one who was actually eagerly awaiting those oceanic notes between the animalics) but the scent is just...nice. And above nothing like the concept or list of notes makes you expect or even hope for.

I would serve this one with 2 stars out of five.

Worth to try, though.
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 20th January 2012 at 07:12 PM.

Is it too simplistic of a review to think that this is essentially Escentric 01 plus vetiver and a marijuana accord? To me this is what it boils down to. The clarity of Kinski is almost disconcerting. I almost wish it were more dense.