Code of Conduct

Default Is there any frag like Le Male? What has rich vanilla notes?

Is there any inexpensive frag similar to Le Male?

What frags have rich vanilla notes?

Default Re: Is there any frag like Le Male? What has rich vanilla notes?

Personally, I think it's one of a kind. There are an abundance of frags with rich vanilla notes. To see what you might like you may want to search around. Sample a few frags at local stores.

Cuba Gold.

It smells nearly identical to LeMale (some basenoters even prefer it) and it costs about $5 for 50ml.

It looks like a cigar and comes in a cigar case.
    Looking to Swap: Christopher Street by Charenton Macerations: I have a brand new unopened bottle. If you're interested, send me a message.

Looking for: Amyris Homme: If you want it off your hands, send me a message. I'd prefer to swap for it.

I find Body Kouros and The Dreamer similar to Le Male.

Givenchy PI also but that's more metallic.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Cuba Gold.

It smells nearly identical to LeMale (some basenoters even prefer it) and it costs about $5 for 50ml.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will blind buy it and give it a try. Is there a lot of vanilla in it?

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will blind buy it and give it a try. Is there a lot of vanilla in it?

About the same as LeMale. Vanilla isn't listed as a note, but you clearly get vanilla. It's the strongest note next to the lavender.
    Looking to Swap: Christopher Street by Charenton Macerations: I have a brand new unopened bottle. If you're interested, send me a message.

Looking for: Amyris Homme: If you want it off your hands, send me a message. I'd prefer to swap for it.

Amasterpiece by Ted Lapidus called Pour Lui.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Cuba Gold.

Yep, excellent frag, definitely prefer it o Le Male

Vanille Monoi reminds me of Le Male

Also, if it's the vanilla note that you like in Le Male, (since Cuba Gold is mentioned), I'd also recommend the other big Le Male clone, Perry Ellis 360 White. To me, 360 White has the most vanilla out of Le Male, Cuba Gold, & 360 White. It focuses more on the powder and vanilla notes and less on the spices/lavender and woods. On the other hand, I find Cuba Gold on the opposite end with more vetiver/woods and less vanilla and powdery florals than either Le Male or 360 White.

Anyway, I have all 3 and enjoy each for different moods, but if its the powdery vanilla that's your favorite part of Le Male, I think you would definitely enjoy Perry Ellis 360 White (and like Cuba Gold, it's very cheap. $15-20 for a large bottle). I think all of the 360 series besides the original and Red are now discontinued, but you can still find 360 White online and at discounters very easily and cheaply. (And honestly, out of the three, I enjoy and wear 360 White the most because I prefer the stronger vanilla & powdery aspect).
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 13th January 2013 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Also, if it's the vanilla note that you like in Le Male, (since Cuba Gold is mentioned), I'd also recommend the other big Le Male clone, Perry Ellis 360 White. To me, 360 White has the most vanilla out of Le Male, Cuba Gold, & 360 White. It focuses more on the powder and vanilla notes and less on the spices/lavender and woods. On the other hand, I find Cuba Gold on the opposite end with more vetiver/woods and less vanilla and powdery florals than either Le Male or 360 White.

Anyway, I have all 3 and enjoy each for different moods, but if its the powdery vanilla that's your favorite part of Le Male, I think you would definitely enjoy Perry Ellis 360 White (and like Cuba Gold, it's very cheap. $15-20 for a large bottle). I think all of the 360 series besides the original and Red are now discontinued, but you can still find 360 White online and at discounters very easily and cheaply. (And honestly, out of the three, I enjoy and wear 360 White the most because I prefer the stronger vanilla & powdery aspect).
    I love rich thick creamy vanilla. For example, the vanilla in Tobacco Vanille is my favorite. Another example is the vanilla smell in vanilla icing or vanilla candle.

The vanilla I dislike is thin watery vanilla. I dislike the vanilla in Pi. I dislike the vanilla in Body Kouros. Its not true vanilla. It does not smell like vanilla I would eat.

I will blind buy both Perry Ellis 360 and Cuba Gold. I hope one of them has the rich vanilla I am looking for, like Tobacco Vanille or Le Male.

If you get the Perry Ellis, make sure you order "360 White for men". There is 360, 360 Red, 360 Black, & 360 White. Just wanted to make sure you got the right one since you just said "360". You wouldn't like the regular 360.

If you get the Perry Ellis, make sure you order "360 White for men". There is 360, 360 Red, 360 Black, & 360 White. Just wanted to make sure you got the right one since you just said "360". You wouldn't like the regular 360.
    I wish local stores offered these for sale. Now I have to wait a week for them to be shipped.

I can't wait to sniff them!

Cuba Gold is waaayyy better than LeMale in my opinion! 6.99 for 100mL can't be beat, and this stuff has excellent longevity and projection.

12+ hours longevity and a good 4 ft projection for the first 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Cuba Gold is waaayyy better than LeMale in my opinion! 6.99 for 100mL can't be beat, and this stuff has excellent longevity and projection.

12+ hours longevity and a good 4 ft projection for the first 5 hours.
    The projection is definitely solid.

I put one spray on my arm yesterday (just to make sure I was giving this guy sound advice) and I could catch wafts of it all day.

And it smelled pretty good!

Only thing is, 360 White & Cuba Gold are basically clones of Le Male with slight differences. So you're gonna have three fragrances that smell very similar.

- - - Updated - - -

I sometimes still see 360 White in Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshall's. (but not nearly as often as a couple of years ago). Also, there is a 360 White for women that looks almost identical, so make sure it's the male version.

A mix of Le Male and Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, can't think of anything else that smells similar:

Cadillac Black
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

I drove to 3 different TJ Maxx to find Perry Ellis 360 White. I just sprayed it and the top notes are very much like Le Male. It was $20 for 50ml.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my review of Perry Ellis 360 White.

360 White is very rich when sprayed. Maybe even richer than Le Male for the first couple minutes. There is the rich sweet powdery minty scent that could be a tiwn sibbling of Le Male. The top is excellent.

The problem is last night 360 White only lasted for about 15 minutes. That was only 1 spray. Then I could not smell it anymore. It was gone, not even a hint of it remained on my skin.

I just tried it again for a second time and it is doing a little better today. It's been 20 minutes and I can still smell 360 White. To compare, Le Male will stay rich on my skin for at least 5 hours, and under the right condition it will last 12 hours on my skin.

As 360 White drys down, the powdery sweetness in the scent weakens and what I smell is a powdery minty scent. Its nice. Le Male on the other hand has much more vanilla as it drys down.

My conclusion of 360 White is it's got very good top notes, but it needs more longevity and the base needs more vanilla.

I want more vanilla in the dry down.

Perry Ellis 360 White is very nice. I like it a lot. It is 90% Le Male.

- - - Updated - - -

Update #3: It's been about an hour and the scent is very weak, but it's still there. There is no projection. I have to put my nose half an inch away to smell 360 White.