Code of Conduct

Arrow Has anyone tried the body shop's amber oud ? Wow :)

Hey folks as the topic says it...
    I actually tried this one today and it was so nice that i ended up buying a bottle....
    Its an EDP version....
    Recently i visited Middle East and this scent just transformed me to that place...
    I closed my eyes and it was like I'm standing in a chilled mall right in the middle of hot desert and a women in the abaya (cloak) passes by me heavily dosed by amber and then suddenly the doors of the mall opened and the warm and dry air rushed in with the aroma of oud...
    I was speechless....
    I think that ive found my signature scent....
    please if anyone has tried it do share...
    thnx

PS. sorry guys this was the best i could do to describe the fragrance...

Default Re: Has anyone tried the body shop's amber oud ? Wow :)

No, but I'm very interested.

Good grief. Haven't seen this one in Lewisham. Or Catford. Must run to the nearest Body Shop...

Hmmm. Well it's not listed on the website....

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/index.aspx

http://translate.google.com.pk/trans...26prmd%3Dimvns

i also cant find it on their web :s but it was in the outlet that i visited

Quote Originally Posted by Biggcats View Post
    http://translate.google.com.pk/trans...26prmd%3Dimvns

i also cant find it on their web :s but it was in the outlet that i visited
    Strange. Where is it? What country?

i saw it in Saudi Arabia TBS... and now im in Pakistan... ive bought a bottle from Pakistan duh.
    maybe its discontinued or something like that... :l

It might be one of those 'regional' products which might explain why no one's seen it here. It's a shame because Oud is well and truly mainstream and international now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggcats View Post
    Hey folks as the topic says it...
    I actually tried this one today and it was so nice that i ended up buying a bottle....
    Its an EDP version....
    Recently i visited Middle East and this scent just transformed me to that place...
    I closed my eyes and it was like I'm standing in a chilled mall right in the middle of hot desert and a women in the abaya (cloak) passes by me heavily dosed by amber and then suddenly the doors of the mall opened and the warm and dry air rushed in with the aroma of oud...
    I was speechless....
    I think that ive found my signature scent....
    please if anyone has tried it do share...
    thnx

PS. sorry guys this was the best i could do to describe the fragrance...
    Hahaha your recollection is hilarious and true.

But no the perfume neither has amber nor Oud in it. Well some basic level ambroxan maybe.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Hahaha your recollection is hilarious and true.

But no the perfume neither has amber nor Oud in it. Well some basic level ambroxan maybe.
    But i do smell amber, oud and spices in it....
    oud is definitely there....
    it smells very similar to Rassassi's Mukhalat al Oud....
    i didn't get the synthetic notes in there....
    or maybe its just my nose....

Bigcats, maybe I didn't smell it enough. Did smell nice though.

for swap/sale:

I'd love to smell this....FYI, they have Rose Oud as well..

Blog Entries

it would be a great addition to their U.S. line..................

If anyone finds some place that will ship some to the U.S. shoot me a pm or post it please!
    Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I smelt this in London recently. It was owned by someone who brought it in from the Middle East. It definitely is not available in the UK. The OP's topic heading says it all. Wow! was my initial reaction. It is a simple ambery OUD composition, but here there is beauty in simplicity.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I smelt this in London recently. It was owned by someone who brought it in from the Middle East. It definitely is not available in the UK. The OP's topic heading says it all. Wow! was my initial reaction. It is a simple ambery OUD composition, but here there is beauty in simplicity.
    I want to smell it now....

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I'd love to smell this....FYI, they have Rose Oud as well..
    yeah i sampled that too but its opening was a little too sharp for me....

If this shows up in malls in the US then oud will officially have gone mainstream. It will then jump the shark when Bath and body works comes out with oud flavored keychain sized hand sanitizer.

I'll check this out for sure!!! Thanks for the info.....Gary

I just found this in a Body Shop in England. It's really not bad. Starts out a little rough, but then dries down very warm and even a bit skanky. I have to say I much prefer it to the By Killian Amber Oud.

Has anyone else smelled it?

This sounds very interesting. Every now and again Body Shop comes out with something sensational. I am a huge fan of their Pink Pepper Fragrance. Is this now available all over Europe?
    Thanks for sharing and posting about this !
    Ive learned so much from my mistakes that Im thinking of making some more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
    This sounds very interesting. Every now and again Body Shop comes out with something sensational. I am a huge fan of their Pink Pepper Fragrance. Is this now available all over Europe?
    Thanks for sharing and posting about this !
    I hadn't heard of a pink pepper fragrance - do tell!

Yes, The Body Shop does come out with some excellent things. I thought their Rose Oud was really impressive, although I'm no expert. I just thought it smelled great.

Did not try it so far, but thanks for bringing this up, certainly way up high on my test list next time I visit one of their outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I hadn't heard of a pink pepper fragrance - do tell!

Yes, The Body Shop does come out with some excellent things. I thought their Rose Oud was really impressive, although I'm no expert. I just thought it smelled great.
    A friend got me on to Pink Pepper about 7 years ago. It had already been discontinued, but I managed to track it down on the net. Its a wonderfully blended, quality fragrance. Warm,sweet and peppery. I even prefer it to Piper Nigrum and the pepper fargrance in the Hermes boutique range, (forgotten the name ?). Thanks for the tip re Rose Oud...will have to try it, not to mention Amber Oud !!
    Ive learned so much from my mistakes that Im thinking of making some more.....

I'm a big fan of TBS Pink Pepper perfume oil as well. I was very disappointed to see that it's been discontinued.

I also like their Woody Sandalwood, Lemon Tea, Japanese Musk and White Musk perfume oils, although the only one I currently see on the US website is the White Musk. TBS used to have a wide range of perfume oils, but now seem to have very few.

Too bad the ouds are not available in the US.
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Rose Oud, Amber Oud. Hmm, what next... Incense Oud? I'm reminded by "by Kilian's Arabian Nights" collection...

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Hmm, what next... Incense Oud?
    Hasn't that one been done yet? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Rose Oud, Amber Oud. Hmm, what next... Incense Oud? I'm reminded by "by Kilian's Arabian Nights" collection...
    Indeed. Luckily for me, though, I don't like the By Kilians, and the Body Shop ouds are only 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    If anyone finds some place that will ship some to the U.S. shoot me a pm or post it please!
    ditto.

I've been posting the Body Shop some requests to get Pink Pepper back in market. But no... Could anyone find a place to make a common petition for the subject? If we got some tens of thousands of names, maybe they'd bring it back?
    Everywhere in net I see people missing it..

(And the writer of the petition could be someone who speaks English as mother tongue. - Missing some words..)

fyi, just got it today off ebay, quite cheaply too, it's easily available. gorgeous skanky amber oud i might add! love it.

Hi danny1967 - I've been watching this on ebay for a while too - did you buy the EDP or the Body Mist? Just wondered what the longevity is like. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Hi danny1967 - I've been watching this on ebay for a while too - did you buy the EDP or the Body Mist? Just wondered what the longevity is like. Cheers!
    the edp! at 9 with free delivery you cannot beat it!! it's gorgeous, go for it. i sprayed a tiny amount on the back of my hand and i can clearly smell it 6hrs later. you will not regret it (if you like your oud/amber combo skanky that is).

Cheers Danny - I might give it a go! I've a small sample of Dior Leather Oud which I love and everyone says it's a skank-monster so I may like the Body Shop stuff. At 9 with free postage it's probably worth the risk...!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Cheers Danny - I might give it a go! I've a small sample of Dior Leather Oud which I love and everyone says it's a skank-monster so I may like the Body Shop stuff. At 9 with free postage it's probably worth the risk...!
    my thoughts exactly! if you like leather oud then you'll also like this! and as i said, 9 for 50ml edp, no harm done! sometimes the cheapest and simplest frags are also the best (sometimes).

Bought the Body Shop Amber Oud and have to say - what a bargain!! 50mls EDP for 9.00 and it smells fantastic. It lacks the complexity of the Dior Leather Oud but certainly smells just as good and lasts very well too.

**Note to UK Basenoters in the North of England - if you want to try this the Body Shop store at the York Designer Outlet has the 50ml EDP for 5.00 and the Body Mist, Shower Gel & Body Lotion for 3.00 each..!!!!**

guys sounds great - where in london can i get this?

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    guys sounds great - where in london can i get this?
    you can't, you can only get it on ebay, quite cheap, under or just around 10 (incl delivery). in the shops on high st it has been discontinued, it was a very limited release.

Just purchased this last night along with some samples. Cannot wait to try this next to my By Kilian Sample!

I purchased this off ebay as well. Great price. As described, barnyard/skanky oud... although not complex a pleasent scent. Would like to hear your comparison to By Kilian, mdtroyer.

Does Anyone else have any opinions on this. I'm looking for a fairly wearable oud, like Royal Oud by Creed.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Blog Entries

Well now. What have we here? With shipping to the US what an absolute bargain. I have bought one, and buying another right now, to sell for decants.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Body-Shop-...item4ab9f0496b

You couldn't beat that with a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-imental View Post
    Well now. What have we here? With shipping to the US what an absolute bargain. I have bought one, and buying another right now, to sell for decants.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Body-Shop-...item4ab9f0496b

You couldn't beat that with a big stick.
    Cheers, Scent-imental! Not only for the link (which is awesome and cheap), but I thought I was the only one that used the 'can't beat it with a stick' phrase! Thrilled to hear that I'm not alone

Considering its price and the excitement, I got a bottle a couple months back.

I was underwhelmed and swapped it out almost immediately. No oud, certainly. No synthetic oud. No edge. Not my kind of amber either -- too much of that furniture polish vibe. I just did not like the smell.

Glad I tried it, but definitely not for me.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Cheers, Scent-imental! Not only for the link (which is awesome and cheap), but I thought I was the only one that used the 'can't beat it with a stick' phrase! Thrilled to hear that I'm not alone
    I thought i was the only one too, as nobody says it here in the US. It's a bit lost on my friends who don't really understand it, but i still say it. Obviously a leftover of being English.

----
    Last edited by Spoombung; 19th November 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I just found this in a Body Shop in England. It's really not bad. Starts out a little rough, but then dries down very warm and even a bit skanky. I have to say I much prefer it to the By Killian Amber Oud.

Has anyone else smelled it?
    Hi - Can you tell me what store you found it in, please?

I bought a bottle on ebay. It was cheap. What else can I say.....you get what you pay for. I didn't do it for me.
    If anyone here in Oz wants to try it, I'm in it for $18, pay me that + postage and I'll send it to you.

Just looked and found one domestically (US).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Shop-Am...item20ce173f97

Thinking about getting it given the recommendation by Kagey that he liked it better than By Kilian's Amber Oud.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Hi - Can you tell me what store you found it in, please?
    Hi. Sorry, haven't caught up on this thread. I found it in the Body Shop outlet in Portsmouth Harbour, but that was a while back now!

Bought a 50ml bottle today at the Designer Outlet in York (UK). It was reduced to 6 but thanks to a great multibuy offer they had on, I got that and three other bits from there for 5.10! I could have bought four bottles of it for 14.40 - I'm not sure why I didn't! I might have to call back. I'd be happy to arrange swaps and/or decants of anyone was interested. The rose oud was 2 a bottle for the 50ml EDP too!
    Last edited by voodoodanny; 13th December 2012 at 02:54 PM.

I bought the oil and I it is a smoother alternative to Bond New York Amber. Great scent IMO.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

I used to buy this all the time in my hometown in Saudi Arabia, now i live in the U.S and i can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    I used to buy this all the time in my hometown in Saudi Arabia, now i live in the U.S and i can't find it anywhere.

item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=111043932927

Seller that sells this fragrance. Bought from them in the past and they've been excellent! Love this oud fragrance of body shop's.

Wore this today. One spray lasted a good amount of time.

Time to put MR on for my final decision to buy a decant.

I've not used my bottle too much since I bought it - it's got a nice powdery accord that makes it smell like an amber fragrance done in a barbershop style.

The opening is nicer than the plasticky heartnotes, but once it dries down it's a fairly inoffensive frag with good longevity.
    It's probably worth the price, but not much more than that.