Code of Conduct

Default New from Atelier Cologne - Mistral Patchouli

Has anyone tried this yet? Take a look: http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/fragra...c4e2cf29418bf3

Default Re: New from Atelier Cologne - Mistral Patchouli

First I've heard of it. I really like this line, but I'm falling behind. Still need to try the Vetiver and rose frags.

Obviously not that new. Luckyscent is already selling it in the States. Will blind buy a 200ml bottle tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Obviously not that new. Luckyscent is already selling it in the States. Will blind buy a 200ml bottle tomorrow.
    200ml Blind Buy? They do have 100ml! Keep us informed and what you think

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Actually they don't. (Luckyscent that is) They only have a 30ml which I would never consider and as all the other 9 bottles in their line I have are 200ml, have to keep the continuity in my collection. Will let you know when I get it.
    Last edited by hednic; 13th January 2013 at 10:42 PM.

baller
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Supposedly it's very fresh--a patchouli scent for those who don't love patchouli. In fact the article I was reading mentioned something about how it's kind of strange that houses will name a fragrance after a note that actually is not the dominant note, or even a dominant note in the fragrance.

That said, it's supposed to be great

Please let us know what you think when you get it.
    "Mama used to bathe me in Youth Dew bath oil."

Actually they don't. (Luckyscent that is) They only have a 30ml which I would never consider and as all the other 9 bottles in their line I have are 200ml, have to keep the continuity in my collection. Will let you know when I get it.
    Pic's Please! Did you sense any begging in my top notes? Lol

The note profile sounds great to me, I have a sample on the way. I'll post my thoughts once I try it out.

Dependent

Thanks for the heads up

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    In the US, they only offer it in 30ml or 200ml. Maybe in Europe they offer in 100ml.

hednic, LS has been showing it since Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    In the US, they only offer it in 30ml or 200ml. Maybe in Europe they offer in 100ml.

hednic, LS has been showing it since Christmas.
    Just checked. Beauty Habit has the 100ml for those who are interested.

I didn't know 100ml bottles existed, and I've never heard of this site.. but they have a lot of selection and shipping to Canada seems cheap, thanks for posting this! Now I'm glad I held off on buying Orange Sanguine in 30ml.

pass...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Beautyhabit is an excellent seller that does not get much attention around here. I have purchased form them numerous times, and they have been great.

Funny thing is, if you look at the Atelier site, they list a 100ml option, but only show 30ml and 200ml for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Supposedly it's very fresh--a patchouli scent for those who don't love patchouli. In fact the article I was reading mentioned something about how it's kind of strange that houses will name a fragrance after a note that actually is not the dominant note, or even a dominant note in the fragrance.

That said, it's supposed to be great

Please let us know what you think when you get it.
    Thats good to hear. I've not been very fond of earth patchouli lately.

for swap/sale:

I've had a sample of this for a week now and it is a very interesting fragrance. It is fresh with a combination of mild soapy citrus and light synthetic woods (patchouli?) This is the first Atelier Cologne fragrance that I just don't like at all on first try. It doesn't smell like any patchouli I've ever smelled and i suspect that is the fractionated patchouli isolate (?) mentioned in the notes on luckyscent because it has no natural patchouli scent but does have a clean stripped down woods aspect. OK, it smells like a well known glass cleaner spray product I have used often - I just can not get that connection out of my head when I smell it. I am curious if anyone else has the same reaction to it. Once that image is in there it doesn't go away easily.

EDIT: On second full try I am willing to give them a little more credit than I my window cleaner comment. It smells very pleasant with a light fruit candy scent that gives it a pleasant and unusual eau de cologne style. I went through other eau de colognes and fresh scents I've got and it smells closest to Serge Lutens L' Eau Froide. Quite close to this one. I could see how this would be very pleasant to wear during summer. Instead of patchouli as a base note it has benzoin - thats what changes it for me. Just wait I'll end up with a bottle after all! lol.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 15th January 2013 at 12:42 AM.

Buzzlepuff, does it remind you of Terre d'Hermes in any way? I also received a sample of this and I can detect the citruses (grapefruit?) some spices, some vetiver but where's the patchouli ? Somehow it does remind me of Terre d'Hermes!
    oh and it disappeared within 3 hours used half of my sample twice on two separate days and both times longevity was bad, very bad!

Morning gents!
    Robin at Now Smell This reviewed Mistral Patchouli last week.

And for those who like my blogging I have a news that my review of this perfume will be posted at Chemist in the Bottle tomorrow. I will provide you with a direct link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    pass...
    +1. have tried it and it's very underwhelming (btw, there is no patchouli in this). 'underwhelming' is how i'd describe the entire atelier cologne line. vetiver fatal is one of the biggest disappointments i've tried last year.

As promised I'm posting a link to my review.

Read it if you're interested, don't read if you don't want to, it's your choice of course

http://wp.me/p2x0R7-pV

Just yesterday I bought the Voyage Collection (7.5ml of each Atelier frag excluding the newer Rose/Vetiver/Patchouli frags) and the sales rep at Niemans hooked me up with an additional 7.5ml of the Mistral Patchouli. I'm wearing Mistral Patchouli today and it's not my cup of tea. Maybe it's the anise? Also it's super strong for the first few hours, so a little goes a long way with this one folks...

Will try to get a sample first.

Interesting. I knew nothing about this, but got two samples. And I thought, "Is it possible to 'clean up' patchouli to remove the skank and grub?" And, "Is there such a thing as 'white' patchouli?" It is a clean scent, IMO, definitely patchouli, but, yes, stripped down. It's more akin to linen than velvet, if that makes sense.

It's definitely something a "suit" could wear to the office. It's smooth and non-offensive (if dabbed, not heavily-applied; it's a tad tenacious). I'd call it an easy natural scent, but lacking in the dirt or fermentation qualities of many naturals. And yes, there's a fleeting grapefruit zest blast at the get go.
    I can imagine this on a clean cut young man. For me, it lacks the bohemian spice that I enjoy with patchouli.
    Last edited by onaluna; 31st March 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Have had this about a month now and think this is pretty nice. Looking forward to receiving their new one Sous Le Toit de Paris
    on Monday.

Dependent

Have had this about a month now and think this is pretty nice. Looking forward to receiving their new one Sous Le Toit de Paris
    on Monday.
    That one sounds a little like Fahrenheit! Let us know what you think hed.

Sous le Toit de Paris is gorgeous! I'd like to know what a man thinks of it.
    Last edited by onaluna; 14th April 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    First I've heard of it. I really like this line, but I'm falling behind. Still need to try the Vetiver and rose frags.
    The vetiver one was quite good although, nothing that hasn't been done before. A very natural lemon citrus with a somewhat restrained vetiver.
    The rose one is one of my new favorites from the line. It has many different types of rose scents, it's spicy, has a little bit of Oud and incense and comes across as masculine. It's hard to describe, but it's quite rosey in a masculine way.

Quote Originally Posted by onaluna View Post
    Sous Le Toit de Paris is gorgeous! I'd like to know what a man thinks of it.
    I so want to try this one. I love Cuir Pleine Fleur which is a lovely leather and violet fragrance as well. How similar is this to Cuir Pleine Fleur assuming you've tried it?

As for Mistral Patchouli, the only note that scares me is star anise. I loathe that note so I fear this one may not be for me.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Dependent

Perhaps there is a molecular isolate of Mistral and that's the dominant accord.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I so want to try this one. I love Cuir Pleine Fleur which is a lovely leather and violet fragrance as well. How similar is this to Cuir Pleine Fleur assuming you've tried it?

As for Mistral Patchouli, the only note that scares me is star anise. I loathe that note so I fear this one may not be for me.
    I haven't tried Cuir Pleine Fleur, but I plan to explore the Heeley line when the pocketbook allows. However, I purchased 6 samples of Sous le Toit de Paris; if you are interested (and it's not too weird) you can PM me your address and I'll send you one. (Free of course!) I also have some unused samples of other naturals, including Atelier, Liz Zorn and Ayala Moriel (plus a few that I only dipped a toothpick in, like Ayala's Vetiver Racinettes), which I can list for you.
    BTW, I purchased samples of the complete line of Atelier (in NYC) for only $15, and when I later ordered more Sous Le Toit samples, Atelier sent me a whole other sample pack. They're generous, and shipping is fast.

So, if you feel uncomfortable with the above, head on over to Atelier and get some cheap samples!
    http://www.ateliercologne.com/store/...-products.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Perhaps there is a molecular isolate of Mistral and that's the dominant accord.
    Looked up "mistral" and ...

Also, makes sense now why a patchouli scent would be so clean. I guess it's the "wind" note.
    Last edited by onaluna; 14th April 2013 at 05:39 PM.

Dependent

hehe
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 1st April 2013 at 06:38 PM.

...somewhere somebody writes in a review: 'I don’t think anybody would smell Mistral Patchouli and say', "ah, a patchouli fragrance, nice!"... well, that's exactly what did happen to me. The beautiful and hospitable lady at Skins Cosmetics (Laren - The Netherlands) is my witness. I bought it ... for now the 30ml version. Love it!
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 2nd April 2013 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post

Mistral Patchouli is LOADED with star anise. If you don't like that note, I recommend you don't get even close to anyone wearing it.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit