Code of Conduct

Thread: Sleeping Aid

CologneFan85

Lightbulb Sleeping Aid

At times I like to spray my pillows before I go to sleep with a fragrance "To help relax". I was wondering if anyone else does this before they sleep? And if so what fragrance? Or does anyone spray their pillows before bed to maybe "get more out of the notes" after first buying it? I use YSL libre, it simply helps me relax...odd I know.

Default Re: Sleeping Aid

Personally have never done this.

Not personally as I feel like I'd tire of a fragrance if I smelled it for 8 more hours while I sleep, even if I am not awake the whole time.

I do this, but I spray my wrist not my pillow. I'm less picky about bed-time fragrances, and usually wear something which is for my own enjoyment, or something I recently aquired and want to get to grips with. In the absence of new scents though I often use Molinard Homme II as I enjoy vanilla and there is something very cottony and relaxing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Not personally as I feel like I'd tire of a fragrance if I smelled it for 8 more hours while I sleep, even if I am not awake the whole time.
    Your sense of smell actually shuts off when you're asleep. That's why I often wear new fragrances or samples to bed - to test their longevity as you can't suffer from nasal fatigue when you're asleep. So if it's still going, you'll smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Your sense of smell actually shuts off when you're asleep. That's why I often wear new fragrances or samples to bed - to test their longevity as you can't suffer from nasal fatigue when you're asleep. So if it's still going, you'll smell it.
    Even so, I don't want to be constantly sniffing it in for 30 or 40 minutes while relaxing. To each their own, it's just my preference.

Good information there. That's an excellent test of longevity.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have once with my mistress, Mitsouko. She is so heavenly I wanted to fall asleep to her and it was relaxing and I awoke to her smell the next morning as well as she has excellent longevity.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I usually put something on when getting ready for bed, but I have never thought of spraying the linen.

I like Shalimar EDC.....other favorites are Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Bulgari Black, Borneo 1834, Body Shop White Musk for Men, etc...mostly gourmands.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I also do that.

Sometimes I spray my bedroom with lavender to make relaxing atmosphere.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

CologneFan85

The Libre has a relaxing Lavender to it, part of the reason why I like at at night. I also test out samples this way also. Its a good way to test the notes out with longevity etc like earlier stated by another member.

I do on a semi-regular basis. I too, spray on my wrist instead of my pillow. I spray on my left wrist for this because it's the one on which I wear my watch all day so it doesn't get any fragrance at that point. My most often used for this purpose are Shalimar EdC, Halston 1-12, Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme and Le 3me Homme.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I have never done this though I believe a fragrance like GPHII has a very comforting and relaxing accord to it, and would possibly work well in this situation.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    Good information there. That's an excellent test of longevity.
    Yeah it is

Overcome By Fumes

Ether. Very effective at inducing a relaxed state.

Seriously, I don't do this.

I find the slight remnants of each days' fragrances accumulate on bedding after a few days which is good incentive to launder the sheets each week as the mix is too busy and unpleasant.

Blog Entries

l spray the top edge of my duvet cover with scents like Samsara & Vanillary, as l find them very relaxing. And if l wake in the night, a couple of sniffs helps me go right back to sleep again. As perfume generally lasts a long time on fabric, l only need to do this once or twice a week.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I used to do this with my fake Le Male. Mainly because it was fake..and I have no other use for it.

Basenotes Plus

I like lavender based fragrances, like Cadley Island Lavender and Creed's Royal Scottish Lavender

I have a gigantic bottle of CK BE that I spray my sheets with. I began doing this upon hearing another BN member recommend it. As a result I have developed quite a wonderful association with the scent!

Usually, anything in my wardrobe will help. If my SOTD has a sillage good enough to rub off a bit on my pillow, even if it's just a strictly psychological and subjective effect, it will most likely contribute to falling asleep easier and then also sleeping in a more relaxing way.

I have a bottle of Roadster Sport with a pleasent fresh smell that has no staying power on my skin. I spray my room and sheets when I leave in the morning. It keeps my bedroom smelling yummy.