Code of Conduct

Default How to increase projection of a cologne

I just never get the projection everyone is talking about! I don't have weak fragrances either! Neither Angel men or one million give that good of projection! they all start to become a skin scent after a hour 1 or half hour! I usually apply 2 sprays. My body is always cold even when im in a room that is in the 70's range. any ideas?

Default Re: How to increase projection of a cologne

It could just be your skin. Maybe try an unscented moisturizer. It won't give you the development of most fragrances, but it should help longevity.

Make sure you are hitting pulse points and/or exposed skin

Make sure you are dry before applying as well as let the product come to a dry before interfering with or touching/rubbing that spot

Try wasting a spray before hitting your body with it (see if it helps/changes)

EDIT: I wanted to add; You can also try spraying the spritzer VERY close to your skin.
    Last edited by Christian M; 14th January 2013 at 12:55 AM.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

i do apply vaseline but it doesn't really help. I'll try that hopefully that works

spray MOAR

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by ramizlol View Post
    i do apply vaseline but it doesn't really help. I'll try that hopefully that works
    I don't know that vaseline is the best thing (if you mean the jelly). It doesn't really soak in and might be a hindrance rather than a help.

I use Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey lotion at night (I *think* it comes in an unscented version. Mine isn't unscented, but the scent is mild and pleasant, would probably blend well with a lot of things and it's gone by morning, so doesn't interfere with anything as far as I can tell.)

Did you ask other people? Our noses cancel out smells after a while, so only other people can judge. I have dry skin and I also tend not to project much. Lotions help, but up to a point. Clothes also help - not so much in projecting, but in retaining the scent. Though cloth near a warm body area (like armpits) can project well too.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Did you ask other people? Our noses cancel out smells after a while, so only other people can judge. I have dry skin and I also tend not to project much. Lotions help, but up to a point. Clothes also help - not so much in projecting, but in retaining the scent. Though cloth near a warm body area (like armpits) can project well too.

cacio
    yes i did ask people around me they said they can't smell it! I wore angel me at 2 pm by 6 pm it was gone? when i got into the car i asked my sister if she could smell it and she said no. I know i have a real one i already checked! I even got a sample from nordstorm and same thing happened..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    I don't know that vaseline is the best thing (if you mean the jelly). It doesn't really soak in and might be a hindrance rather than a help.

I use Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey lotion at night (I *think* it comes in an unscented version. Mine isn't unscented, but the scent is mild and pleasant, would probably blend well with a lot of things and it's gone by morning, so doesn't interfere with anything as far as I can tell.)
    okayy ill try that thanks

CologneFan85

I double layer after the first hour. So the 2nd layer sticks on longer.

Definitely try applying an unscented lotion prior to applying fragrance and see if that helps.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Where exactly do you apply your fragrance?
    Do you get your supply from reliable sources?

Unless you happen to be Ice Man, I just find it hard to believe something loud and tenacious like A*Men doesn't project...

1) Apply unscented lotion
    2) Spray all pulse points
    3) Spray on clothes in same areas
    4) Wear known projection beast i.e 24 Gold, Sung Homme

I bet you take hot baths that leave your skin dry and it becomes ashy when you scratch it, had the same problem, the remedy is that after you take a bath/shower dry yourself lightly and rub unscented oil ( I use borges baby oil, olive preferably) as it helps to lock and the moisture and keep your skin springy (massage it well so your skin absorbs it and don't douse yourself in it) then see if it makes your skin any better, try the scratch test to see if you get those white lines from scratching, if you pass then fire away with that Angel Men and see if it makes a difference.

P.S You can try the oil thing on just your pulse points as well but after washing and also switch to some moisturising soap as it affects alot, I started to get more projection when I switched to Dove and the oil technique. Now I leave trails of my dior homme intense.
    Last edited by craniumbash; 14th January 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by craniumbash View Post
    I bet you take hot baths that leave your skin dry and it becomes ashy when you scratch it, had the same problem, the remedy is that after you take a bath/shower dry yourself lightly and rub unscented oil ( I use borges baby oil, olive preferably) as it helps to lock and the moisture and keep your skin springy (massage it well so your skin absorbs it and don't douse yourself in it) then see if it makes your skin any better, try the scratch test to see if you get those white lines from scratching, if you pass then fire away with that Angel Men and see if it makes a difference.

P.S You can try the oil thing on just your pulse points as well but after washing and also switch to some moisturising soap as it affects alot, I started to get more projection when I switched to Dove and the oil technique. Now I leave trails of my dior homme intense.
    i do actually take really hot shower and my skin isn't oily its actually little dry to say. Im going to stop taking hot showers and start taking something warm and ima try that baby oil thanks

Apart from unscented moisturizers and starting to spray on my chest (funny, never did this before I joined BN, though I was quite regular fragrance user before), not much else ever worked in effectively increasing projection of the scents worn- but then again, speaking strictly from my own experience, it might be a totally different situation in the case of anyone else, maybe diet, skin chemistry, overall lifestyle even etc. (again, a non-scientific opinion) might actually influence and improve projection.

Pulse points and clothes.

I totally am with this guy in that most powerhouse frags don't seem so powerhouse like on me. I do the reapply method after a few hours as mentioned. Never knew about the lotion helping your skin retain the scent, learn something everyday!

Carry an atomizer around and spray it on people whose interest you'd like to pique.

Blog Entries

Very good suggestions already. I just have to add votes to the following:

• Apply unscented moisturizer after shower
    • Pulse points
    • Closer aim
    • Spray MOAR
    • Reapply when you think it's necessary
    • NOTE: Careful spraying on fabric when using dark-colored fragrances.

Good luck!

Was having similar issues and went through several lotions and moisturizers until settling on Unscented Aveeno lotion

Was having similar issues and went through several lotions and moisturizers until settling on Unscented Aveeno lotion