Code of Conduct

Default Surf 5-0 (from Hawaii): Very obscure scent memory

This is another fragrance my grandfather used to wear. I can't find any information on this anywhere, but I do have his old bottle. I suspect it must have turned because I sniffed it recently and it smells nothing like what I remember. I have a picture, but I don't think I can post it here (and I currently can't find any images on the internet). It is a clear glass bottle, with a gold cap and has the image of a ship and the text "Hawaii Lava Crystal Scent" on the back and the text "Surf 5-0 Cologne" on the front. It came with sand in the bottle. I don't know how he acquired this fragrance, as it appears it came from Hawaii and I don't think he ever traveled there. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has ever come across this and if they have any idea about the composition, because I can't really decipher much from my very old bottle.

Default Re: Surf 5-0 (from Hawaii): Very obscure scent memory

It sure sounds interesting. I don't recall ever hearing or seeing anything like it. I'm sure I would have remembered (and probably have bought) "Lava Crystal Scent" with sand in the bottle! Sounds like a real collector's item.
    I don't really go to tourist shops though and that sounds like something that would be found there.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Ok, I think I figured out how to get the image in here. Here is the old bottle of "Surf 5-0." I agree, it probably came from a gift store. My guess is it probably wasn't of the highest quality (who knows though). Unfortunately, it was also a splash, so over time sterility also becomes an issue. Anyway, the memory of this scent still conjures a great deal of nostalgia for me. If anyone knows something more, I'd love to hear it.

Ok, I think I figured out how to get the image in here. Here is the old bottle of "Surf 5-0." I agree, it probably came from a gift store. My guess is it probably wasn't of the highest quality (who knows though). Unfortunately, it was also a splash, so over time sterility also becomes an issue. Anyway, the memory of this scent still conjures a great deal of nostalgia for me. If anyone knows something more, I'd love to hear it.

- - - Updated - - -