Code of Conduct

Default Looking for something similar to armani code that isnt armani code

this is my first post so bear with me: I HATE armani code at first spray, far too spicy/peppery for my taste, but after an hour it calms down into something much much nicer, I dont really know how to describe scents so I dont quite have the words for it. Is there anything that smells more like the end of armani code than the beginning?

Default Re: Looking for something similar to armani code that isnt armani code

I was going through all the stuff I have and I saw that I still have a bottle of Armani code and Armani mania, Armani code smells so good to me, I remember why I bought it now, but as far as longevity, it's weak, that's probably why I haven't worn it in a while, I wish they made an edp

Burberry Brit?

I don't get the similar of code and brit

Welcome to Basenotes!

Salvador Dali Black Sun

Midnight in Paris is what you're after. Smells very similar but a bit smoother, due to the absence of aniseed which gives Code that spicy opening.

In my own experience and from smelling the two on different people, I would say that Gucci Pour Homme II has some similarities to Code, particularly in the drydown. It may be from the olive derivatives in both, though PHII is wood while Code is that of the flower.

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Fraicheur smells like a fresher version of Code to me, it is discontinued but I think still available online

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Cerruti 1881 Black. Less spice, with a nice marzipan accord.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Isn't Zegna Intenso supposed to be similar? I don't like them enough to wear them often enough to comment but last time I wore ZI I enjoyed it.

Please check out Armand Basi Pour Homme (the white/black bottle). It's got a similar vanilla/smoky guaiac wood base, but a nicer opening. It's also got a hint of Le Male in it - it's like a spicier Le Male/Armani Code mix. A great scent that I enjoy as much as scents I've paid 10x as much for.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Maybe try YSL La Nuit de l'Homme. Not quite as dark as AC but has the powdery aspect to it. Or even better, try Armani Code Ultimate it is a bit tamer than the original and has a wonderful addition of leather. Lasts a very, very long time on the skin.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Try Armani Attitude/Attitude Extreme. There are some similarities with Code, but without the piercing top notes.

Armani Attitude... or maybe Roberto Cavalli Black

Black Touch by Franck Olivier

Midnight in Paris would be a better alternative.

Midnight in Paris EDT smells very similar to Armani Code to me minus the star anise note.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

You might find a great dosage of similarity with Givenchy Pi Neo and mayhaps Carolina Herrera Sexy Men

I can only suggest Code Ultimate which I think is netter than the original, and I know what you mean, the best thing about Code is the drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Midnight in Paris is what you're after. Smells very similar but a bit smoother, due to the absence of aniseed which gives Code that spicy opening.
    What stores have Midnight In Paris testers? It seems a little hard to come by

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsoop View Post
    I've never seen it in stores. I bought mine blindly from FragranceNet.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

NO!!!! Stop playing tricks on newcomers. That smells like burnt rubber.

Polo Double Black has a similar smell with a smoother opening, and lacks that Play-Doh smell Code has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsoop View Post
    PLease don't. Baby powder and burnt rubber. Polo Double Black is worth a try and is available more prevalently.

S. T. Dupont L'Eau is closer to Armani Code.

Armani Cod?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Savatore Dali's Black Sun is the a lot like Code's dry down. I like it better than Code and I really like Code.

This is what I was going to suggest. Similar powdery vibe