Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default SOTD Monday 14th January 2013

happy Monday,

all covered in lots of snow here i could not sleep well, so am a bit usless for work, but can start a new SOTD

i took Homage, was thinking to wear it yesterday, it comes so masculine now after wearing Insolence and Sacrebleu

enjoy your day!

Default Re: SOTD Monday 14th January 2013

Starting this week in Histoires de Parfums Veni from new Edition Rare collection. Oh my Gosh, it's gorgeous!

Good morning!

We have a light dusting of snow this morning.
    I feel like something warm and comforting so
    Iris Noir may fit the bill (Yves Rocher.)
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello all. Gorilla Perfumes Breath Of God.
    DONNA

I slept poorly too, but have to drag myself in to work anyway...COFFEE is the answer.

But, not for fragrance. I need something bright and cheery, so I'm going full throttle fruit with Ineke Scarlet Larkspur.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good morning! Milan's sky is weirdly milky white: can it be snow on its way?

A few drop of Etro Patchouly (I'm loving it...) for an annoying working task- though it's my day off...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Snow here too with more to follow later, and G is away missing all the excitement - won't he be disappointed

SotD is Miller Harris Citron Citron.

Happy Birthday Leesee

Basenotes Plus

House twins with Iodine in Etro Etra.

Wish you all a good start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I was in Ormonde Jayne's Tolu; now I'm in Lush's Comforter (from 2012's forum special) - lovely blackcurrant lozenges!
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Pasha by Cartier

queen of the universe

Windows rattled all night. Cold snowless and dry here. I'm teaching 4th grade today, so something toasty and youthful is in order: Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren.o.1898.jpg

Good Monday to all.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

67F and rising at 8 AM this morning. Aramis Havana Reserva should fill the bill.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Monday 14th January 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

..vintage Quorum
    Happy Birthday, Leesee!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Good morning, iivanita. I could have redirected the sandman to your house. I had to fight off sleep to watch an auction at shopgoodwill.com. I won. Here's my new purchase:

Speaking of purses ... this pink clutch seen below is new to Neiman Marcus -- only $1,295. I learned about it from PurseBlog, which notes that Lanvin had the idea earlier, the black Runway Perfume Clutch on left.

MissCasey -- Such exciting news. I wish you a lifetime of happiness, Mrs. Casey-to-be.

Lilybelle -- How much do I love the word de-possessing? It's accurate, humorous, and implies organization. You've hit all my hot buttons. I want to go house hunting with you. I'll help you pack.

No scent yet, just had to get online and write ExtremeK an early-morning love note.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! Very cold here today, it's -12 right now. We had around 6 or 7
    inches of snow during the weekend, which covered up the thick layer of ice we
    got first. At least the power stayed on, so it's all good.

Congratulations, MissCasey!! So exciting!

Happy Birthday, Leesee!

SotD Tom Ford Black Orchid.

Have a great day!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Monday 14th January 2013

Happy Birthday Leese

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Institution

Thank you all SO MUCH for the hugs & kind words (and private messages) a couple days ago. I took the weekend off BN, needed time to myself. I still feel a little disoriented and well...emotionally drained. But, it's Monday! A new week, a new morning of a new day. Some things to be grateful for: My VP is taking me & the Staff to a nice 'power lunch' today. I am wearing a brand new blazer I just got from Banana Republic. And I am wearing one of my all-time favorites:

Shalimar (Parfum de Toilette vintage) by Guerlain

I am still trying to get to 'know' the Parfum de Toilette version of this scent. It's nothing like the light, easy-yet-tenacious Eau de Cologne and yet it's radiance and soft-sweetness is also like a 'piece' of the vintage Parfum. As if it was a Concerto and not the whole Symphony. Just right, underneath my jacket, the whiffs I get when I get up and move around the office are extremely pleasing. And once the music dies down a bit, I have a vial of vintage Parfum in my messenger bag to respritz this afternoon.

((Bear hugs)) to all that need them.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

So nice to have you back, (((mike))). More hugs just in case. One can never have too many hugs.

Great win, Quarry! Waukesha won't know what hit it. And yes, I did see Colbert and thought how proud you must be. But being in Omaha, I'm not any better off.

It's a "meh" kind of Monday even though the sun is shining brightly. Contrarian that I am, I keep hoping for rain or snow. Sigh.

Trying to sweeten up the morning with Frapin Speakeasy -- and Quarry's early morning love note is certainly helping. Thanks, sweetie!!

Blog Entries

Hi all!

No snow here in the south, just more rain & very cold today, boo!

Congratulations to misscasey, & Happy Birthday leesee!

Mike, it's good to hear you sounding a little more positive today, & l agree with you about Shalimar PDT; that's my favourite formulation.

SOTD was Sheer Obsession.

Have a good week, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hey y'all -

I'm in a bit of Shalimar Parfum Initial here, and a bit of Ava Luxe Nude Musk there ...a deliriously sultry combination, I must say.

Happy Birthday Leesee! I hope your day is filled with love, laughter and beautiful fragrance.

And congratulations to you, Foustie! Wishing you many years of peace and joy in your new home.

I'm glad things seem to be getting better mike, but I have another hug for you too, to be sure.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 14th January 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Well, a few flakes of snow have fallen today in central London.

Happy birthday Leesee!

I'm in Tauer Pentachord Auburn, it doesn't seem to have much love here. Nevertheless, I really do like it!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    It's a "meh" kind of Monday even though the sun is shining brightly. Contrarian that I am, I keep hoping for rain or snow. Sigh.

You should book a room at Hotel JR . From our bedroom window a couple of hours ago -

SotE - Versace L'Homme.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

​Kenzo Jungle PH
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Hello everyone! It's semi-cloudy here and cold.

L'Artisan Dzongkha today. I need its coolness and zingy-ness to whip me up in a studying mode.

SOTE

Obsession to warm me up.

Gorgeous painting Evangeline, one of my long-time favorites.

Wearing Huitieme Art ~ Poudre de Riz

My scent of last evening was a sampling of Stella by Stella McCartney. Today will be a repeat of what seems to me a joyful and carefree, very fresh and very pretty scent. A olfactive ray of sunshine!!!!

Happy birthday to you Leesee, and congratulations to you, Foustie on your new home!!!!!

And thank you for the congrats on my engagement; I'm very happy.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Well, it's 50 degrees F and sunny here in Boston today - Feels like April. It's kind of eerie.

My SotD is Belle Du Soir - a lovely chypre I wore all weekend and needed to wear again today.

This morning, I walked past our receptionist here at work and noticed that she smells fantastic. So of course, every time I've walked by her since then, I've breathed in and tried to identify the scent. I've never smelled this before..pretty, a touch elegant, warm, really feminine. Finally, after many passes and absolutely no clue, I had to compliment her on her fragrance and ask if she'd reveal the name. PRADA Candy. I was shocked, because it didn't smell sweet or sticky. Who knew????
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

I just saw your good news misscasey - how completely wonderful! Wishing you both all the love, laughter and happiness you can handle!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    Good morning! Milan's sky is weirdly milky white: can it be snow on its way?

A few drop of Etro Patchouly (I'm loving it...)
    Oh good! I mean to suggest Etro for your Patchouli adventure. I think that it is wonderful. Patchouli made beautifully aromatic with Geranium? It has lovely sillage.

Happy Birthday Lesee.

Congrats Misscasey on your engagement. Congrats kalli's nose on your recovery.

Lucasai, do tell us more about the Veni!

Hi ((((((mike)))))).

L'Eau D'Hiver today.

Manhattan by Bond No.9

Blog Entries

Jon, that looks so pretty! Please send some snow my way, that would cheer me up almost as much as some sunshine!

Snuggling under a blanket this evening to catch up on some TV l've recorded, wearing lmperial Opoponax by Les Nereides; another winter warmer.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Finally fragranced: Boucheron. When I'm in the mood for this one, it tickles me to the core.

When I saw your photo, Jon, I started to hear "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

Leesee, happy birthday, child, wherever you're celebrating today.

Lately I've been recalling many nifty people who have come and gone here over the past 7 years. Leesee is one of the many adorables I am glad to have known, if only in passing. BN peeps are uncommonly thoughtful.

Happy birthday, Leesee!

Hermès Santal Massoïa.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Leesee!!

It's a warm day here, a bit drizzly, but I feel like I'm fighting off a bug. Was shivering under 3 blankets last night. Am taking it easy today, to get over whatever it is.

I sprayed on a sample of Sublime Vanille a bit earlier. I like it but could do without the musk.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! I much enjoyed Stella on my afternoon run and am beginning to picture a full bottle in my future. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I'm in Agent Provocateur Strip this afternoon.

SotD is Ineke After My Own Heart. Lovely lilacs!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

summer means fireflys

I was called in for jury duty this morning ... and I actually got picked to serve on a jury, with the trial starting tomorrow. I had never been called before, even though I've sort of wanted to ... isn't that the way it usually works? I wore a very discreet spritz of By Kilian Love today. It's been a very long day ... sitting in those terribly uncomfortable chairs has been rough on my knee ... it is very swollen and painful tonight.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Leesee and hugs to everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu