Code of Conduct

Default Check out this bid soaring juice

Default Re: Check out this bid soaring juice

And it's used too.

Well, used doesn't bother me as it is a sealed sprayer. I was surprised how quickly the bids soared. I bid, guessing it would sell for between $135-$175.

Do they not make this anymore? Crazy bidding for a 1 feedback vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Crazy bidding for a 1 feedback vendor.
    I did notice that as well.

Sometime seller shill which is against eBay polices to me that looks like a case of shilling.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometime seller shill which is against eBay polices to me that looks like a case of shilling.

That's crazy!

There's too many bids by too few users which makes it an obvious shill.

I would love to get a bottle of that stuff, but not from ebay.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Overcome By Fumes

Maybe make an offer on this instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-GUER...item4ab9693acf

Still cheaper than Creed frag bought from Creed.

Bit steep for a 50ml sold by a 1 feedback seller. Perhaps it is the ultimate panty dropper?

Overcome By Fumes

Well it is the Concentree. I haven't seen that around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Well it is the Concentree. I haven't seen that around for a while.

Those that know it (only five reviews) seem to agree that it's one of THE masterpieces. I can well believe it

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Those that know it (only five reviews) seem to agree that it's one of THE masterpieces. I can well believe it
    The cologne concentree is a masterpiece; though, not as versatile as the current reformulation of the EDT.

This stuff shows up on ebay every couple of weeks and usually sells for less than $150 for 100ml.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I always laugh when I see this stuff going for prices this high. I obtained a 2.5 oz bottle here on BN in a swap and I got mine for a song. Seriously, it would probably make some people cry if you knew how easily I got this. The juice is mind blowing though, and I would probably pay a lot for it if I ever run out.

Its good, but masterpiece may be going too far in my opinion. I've only gotten a 5ml decant of the stuff, its definitely very nice, but not something I'd spend an obscene amount of money on.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    I always laugh when I see this stuff going for prices this high. I obtained a 2.5 oz bottle here on BN in a swap and I got mine for a song. Seriously, it would probably make some people cry if you knew how easily I got this. The juice is mind blowing though, and I would probably pay a lot for it if I ever run out.
    Only 2.5 oz bottles I've seen are vintage EDT, not the Cologne Concentree.

At least the Egoiste is probably actually a fragrance.
    It seems the Shalimar is a big bottle of hair tonic. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/231652-Lotion-Vegetale
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Quote Originally Posted by sachinkumar0188 View Post
    Check out for Cheapest eyewears on Lenstrade.com

Thanks very much for your contribution to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Completely inaccurate. The Modern EDT, yes. The Vintage EDT, yes. The Concentree, rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Completely inaccurate. The Modern EDT, yes. The Vintage EDT, yes. The Concentree, rarely.
    Have you even tried the concentree? The current and vintage are merely a whisper that get blown away into oblivion compared to it. It can be had pretty easily and relatively reasonable if you keep your eyes open on ebay and stay diligent to the task. No offense, but your post doesnt even make senese.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    What's inaccurate?
    That he got a bottle of concentree in a Basenotes swap for a song?
    Sounded a bit strange to me too but it seems a bit ungentlemanly to say "prove it."

My bad. I hit reply to the wrong post. It should have been in response to heperd who stated the Concentree shows up on ebay every couple of weeks. Apologies. Let's try this again.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    This stuff shows up on ebay every couple of weeks

Ok....Every couple of months then?
    Ive lost 2 auctions of the Concentree in the last few months. Both of them sold for around $135 and usually they are sold by people who have no idea of what they have and list it as plain Egoiste.
    I stopped bidding on all the ones Ive seen lately because they are too high and Ive realized that I have used the one I have about 2 times in the last year.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Free can of soup too??

I'm SOLD!

...but only if it's vintage Campbell's soup.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

e***g( 82) US $290.00
    Jan-14-13 04:36:51 PST

e***g( 82) US $280.00
    Jan-14-13 04:36:43 PST

e***g( 82) US $270.00
    Jan-14-13 04:36:36 PST

e***g( 82) US $250.00
    Jan-14-13 04:36:30 PST

e***g( 82) US $245.00
    Jan-14-13 04:36:24 PST

e***g( 82) US $240.00
    Jan-14-13 04:36:15 PST

e***g( 82) US $230.00
    Jan-14-13 04:36:10 PST

e***g( 82) US $225.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:55 PST

e***g( 82) US $200.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:48 PST

e***g( 82) US $190.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:43 PST

e***g( 82) US $180.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:36 PST

e***g( 82) US $170.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:31 PST

e***g( 82) US $160.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:25 PST

e***g( 82) US $150.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:18 PST

e***g( 82) US $139.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:11 PST

e***g( 82) US $134.00
    Jan-14-13 04:35:05 PST

16 consecutive unchallenged and increasing bids from $134.00 to $280.00 by the same bidder in the space of one minute and forty-six seconds??

It isn't often I get to watch a con job unfold. Fascinating.
    Last edited by kbe; 16th January 2013 at 03:29 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Shilly shilly Bo Billy Babanna Fanna Bo Billy .... shilly

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    16 consecutive unchallenged and increasing bids from $134.00 to $280.00 by the same bidder in the space of one minute and forty-six seconds??

It isn't often I get to watch a con job unfold. Fascinating.
    How I see it is that he made a maximum bid of more than $290. Then, some other bidder(s) was outbid by him from $134 up to $290, resulting into those instance of bids.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    How I see it is that he made a maximum bid of more than $290. Then, some other bidder(s) was outbid by him from $134 up to $290, resulting into those instance of bids.
    Ebay doesn't work that way. If that were the case each of the higher bids of some other bidder would be intersperced with e***g's bids. You will note not a single other bid is registered between his lowest and highest bids.

No, this is a bold-faced bid-up of the auction by one person.

Ebay doesn't work that way. If that were the case each of the higher bids of some other bidder would be intersperced with e***g's bids. You will note not a single other bid is registered between his lowest and highest bids.

No, this is a bold-faced bid-up of the auction by one person.
    There was not a single other bid registered (within $134 to $290) by other bidder(s) because he (e***g) outbid them with his maximum bid.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...&showauto=true

You can't just keep upping your bid if you're the highest bidder, it will keep it at the same point (which is $1 or whatever over what the previous higher bidder posts) until someone challenges it, then it will use your higher bids as reserve up until someone goes even a penny over that.

This is why at the end of auctions you can input an outrageous amount and it'll keep it at just over that of the next lowest bid, if you really want something that bad.

Overcome By Fumes

Good read, NewHaarlem. That's what I figured too. It doesn't even make sense that outbidding yourself would show up as increased amounts you would have to pay with each bid.

When will people realize that bidding early on ebay only drives up the final price?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

\

"Bidders:5 Bids:31 Time left:2 days 14 hours 1 minDuration:7 days"

...so much for "31 bids" then (bold and bigger font my addition)

This is the screen shot I get, with the stated "31 bids". not the one you get with another bidder and well over the stated "31 bids". Of course, if another bidder is involved (and not a shill or the same bidder using a second computer/account) then there is an actual bidding war going on. But this is not what my screen shot shows and that is what I based my conclusion on.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    You can't just keep upping your bid if you're the highest bidder, it will keep it at the same point (which is $1 or whatever over what the previous higher bidder posts) until someone challenges it, then it will use your higher bids as reserve up until someone goes even a penny over that.

This is why at the end of auctions you can input an outrageous amount and it'll keep it at just over that of the next lowest bid, if you really want something that bad.

So, if you decide you want to bid higher you can't until someone else overbids you? That would require you either continuously monitor and place higher bids over a long time period until the auction ends or else be required to place a maximum bid. I was of the opinion you could always up your bid anytime you wanted to, regardless if you were bidding over your last bid, by placing another, higher bid. You are not really bidding against yourself, you are placing a higher bid perhaps so other bidders will give up. Ebay bids are not required to be only the minimum advance. I could bid on an item that required a minimum up bid of $1.00 with a bid of $100.00 over the last bid and it would register as a $100.00 increase in bid price, not the minimum $1.00.

Ebay is in it for the $. A higher bid equals more for eBay AND the seller. If the buyer is motivated or crazy enough to bid well over the previous bid eBay owes it to the seller to maximize his money. I cannot believe that eBay would reduce or hold the next bid to a minimum if the bidder bid a higher amount not constrained by automatic bidding toward a maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    There was not a single other bid registered (within $134 to $290) by other bidder(s) because he (e***g) outbid them with his maximum bid.
    "Only actual bids (not automatic bids generated up to a bidder's maximum) are shown."--This from eBay right on the bid page shown by insomniac

Without a competing bid showing on the bid sheet in effect there has been no competing bid to outbid.

This whole eBay event stinks like rotten fish.
    Last edited by kbe; 17th January 2013 at 03:12 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

And the winning bid goes to.....the seller! Congratulations!
    Now put away your sh*t & get the hell out of eBay.

Btw eBay still gets a cut, no?

\

"Bidders:5 Bids:31 Time left:2 days 14 hours 1 minDuration:7 days"

...so much for "31 bids" then (bold and bigger font my addition)

This is the screen shot I get, with the stated "31 bids". not the one you get with another bidder and well over the stated "31 bids". Of course, if another bidder is involved (and not a shill or the same bidder using a second computer/account) then there is an actual bidding war going on. But this is not what my screen shot shows and that is what I based my conclusion on.

So, if you decide you want to bid higher you can't until someone else overbids you? That would require you either continuously monitor and place higher bids over a long time period until the auction ends or else be required to place a maximum bid. I was of the opinion you could always up your bid anytime you wanted to, regardless if you were bidding over your last bid, by placing another, higher bid. You are not really bidding against yourself, you are placing a higher bid perhaps so other bidders will give up. Ebay bids are not required to be only the minimum advance. I could bid on an item that required a minimum up bid of $1.00 with a bid of $100.00 over the last bid and it would register as a $100.00 increase in bid price, not the minimum $1.00.

Ebay is in it for the $. A higher bid equals more for eBay AND the seller. If the buyer is motivated or crazy enough to bid well over the previous bid eBay owes it to the seller to maximize his money. I cannot believe that eBay would reduce or hold the next bid to a minimum if the bidder bid a higher amount not constrained by automatic bidding toward a maximum.

Without a competing bid showing on the bid sheet in effect there has been no competing bid to outbid.

Actually, you're wrong. When you bid it will take the amount to the next increment over either the previous bidder or the minimum price set by the seller. Anything higher than that will go towards your maximum reserve which then people bid against. The moment someone bids past that then they are ahead and the cycle continues.

This way you don't have to really keep an eye on an auction, if you input your highest then that's that. But once someone bids past that then you're done. Unless you choose to bid again.

And even if eBay is in it for the money they are definitely not hurting. They are held to their services, they succeed on their reputation.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why as a seller you need to either set a reserve or a minimum starting price if you don't want to take a chance. You could have only one person interested, they could place a max bid of $100 but if you start the auction at $0.99 then they're getting your item at that price.

Still waiting to find a good deal on the CC... I can't imagine how it could be better than the EdT
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    And the winning bid goes to.....the seller! Congratulations!
    Now put away your sh*t & get the hell out of eBay.

Btw eBay still gets a cut, no?
    Unless they, the shill *cough* seller, reports a non paying winning bidder which he most certainly will. I'm hoping it's a real auction, because I want people this stupid to bid on my auctions.

Another one going here in the UK: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3210628149...torefresh=true

Not sure it'll reach $300 territory, but you never know. I haven't let myself go over £65 so far, but I'll see how far it goes in the next few days...