Code of Conduct

Default Would L'Eau D'Issey or Armani Code make a good winter daytime scent?

I'm thinking about replacing Chanel AHS Eau Extreme with one of these for a winter daytime scent.

If I got Code, I'd wear it at night also.

I like Chanel AHS Eau Extreme but sometimes find it a bit of a sickly smell first thing in the morning.

Thanks!

Default Re: Would L'Eau D'Issey or Armani Code make a good winter daytime scent?

Depends entirely on where you live.

Default Re: Would L'Eau D'Issey or Armani Code make a good winter daytime scent?

I think Code would be fine.

England

Quote Originally Posted by ElNino-7- View Post
    England
    Oh. Me too, and personally, I don't wear either in the winter. Nowhere near heavy enough for me.

My winter fragrances (so far) for winter 2012 are -

Amouage Epic Man
    New Haarlem
    Blue Sugar
    1 Million
    Chergui
    Pure Malt
    Ultraviolet Man
    Black Afgano
    Le Male
    Rochas Man
    Black XS
    Bang
    Midnight in Paris EDT
    DHI
    Play Intense
    Burberry London
    LDDM
    Prada Amber PH
    Fahrenheit
    A*Men
    Straight To Heaven
    Tuscan Leather

If you like them, then for sure you can wear these fragrances in any season.

But I like Versace Eau Fraiche, and haven't wanted to wear it once in winter!

Thanks QWERTYOP. Midnight In Paris is tempting me but would have to be a blind buy, good daytime scent?

I don't see why not.

Thanks QWERTYOP. Midnight In Paris is tempting me but would have to be a blind buy, good daytime scent?
    I don't particularly distinguish between daytime and nighttime scents. I'm probably not your man for that. Although my favourite NIGHT OUT fragrance is Pure Malt. Which as it happens is currently available on the TM UK website.

Banned
    Blog Entries

issey miyake is usually regarded as a summer scent, but i wouldn't wear it period.

armani code is good all year round and it could definitely work in the winter

Banned
    Blog Entries

armani code is a light oriental imo. any of the heavier ones mentioned by qwertyop would work great in cold weather. also issey is heavy enough to wear in the winter. i live in chicago usaully very cold and windy winters..

Go for it!

Thanks guys.

Hmm Pure Malt available...also tempting!

Thanks guys.

Hmm Pure Malt available...also tempting!
    If it's not already in your wardrobe, do yourself a favour & pull the trigger! It won't be there forever!

Two thoughts:
    #1: L'Eau D'Issey is going to be more along the lines of Versace Eau Fraiche. I'm NOT saying they smell similar. Just saying if you don't wear Eau Fraiche in the winter, you probably will find that you don't wear Eau Fraiche in the winter. It's a good one for spring and summer though! What about Code? Well, it's hard to say since I've never worn it, but it would do better in winter than L'Eau D'Issey. One day, skip wearing any fragrance and go to a shop to spray Code on your arms. Give it a spray to each arm and live with it for the rest of the day. You'll find out how it does in winter. Code should be easy to find in stores, and it's classy. This is one that, if you like it, you can't go wrong.

#2: If you like Midnight In Paris, that would be a GREAT choice for winter. And, man oh man, what a gorgeous bottle. Try before you buy.

Good luck to you.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)