Code of Conduct

Default Please help me with diorella

I ordered a sample of this recently and fell in love with it. My friend is travelling overseas tomorrow and is able to get it for me dutyfree. But I found out today that the sample I got was actually of
    Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorella
    So my question is do I get this based on the fact that I do love it, or should I try and source a sample of
    Dior Diorella?
    Someone has said that the les Monsieur is a very watered down version. And my other problem is that the original diorella is probably going to be very difficult to find and also much more expensive. What would you do?

Default Re: Please help me with diorella

Diorella was reformulated recently, and I am not sure exactly when, that is, I don't know if all Les Creations are of the new formulation or if some older Les Creations bottles are the unreformulated version. Perhaps somebody can shed light.

If you are not sure whether you smelled the recent or the old version, the recent version is primarily a citrusy and slightly green floral, pretty clean. It has been defined by perfume critic Luca Turin "greenish lemon tea". The vintage version was a chypre, that is had a deep mossy drydown, and smelled dirtyish rather than clean, with overripe fruit and likely some other dirty musks.

As you say, vintage Diorella is very difficult to find, and, when found, extremely expensive. If you know you smelled the recent version and you like it, go ahead and buy it, it's good on its own terms, and, as said, it's quite different from the old one, so you won't necessarily like the old one if you like the new one. In particular, you may not like the old if what you're looking for is a clean fragrance.

cacio

Default Re: Please help me with diorella

Thank you so much, that has really helped me to decide. What I do love about it is the clean, bright, sharpness of it so perhaps I wouldn't like vintage diorella as much. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there much difference between the newer Les Creations de Monsieur version
    image.jpg and this one in a teal bottle with a paper label on the bottle?
    image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else?