View Poll Results: Exciting News?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 33.33%
  • NO

12 66.67%

Exclamation New BVLGARI MAN EXTREME

BVLGARI MAN EXTREME is announced as very elegant, deep, attractive and intense. It excites with its composition starting from the first note and luminous accords of pink grapefruit and Calabrian bergamot. Citrusy notes are combined with cactus zest, which contributes to charismatic opening of the composition and highlights on the floral-spicy heart. After citruses and cactus zest, white freesia blooms surrounded with cardamom from Guatemala and gently warmed with amber. Elegance in base notes is accentuated with Haiti vetiver, Laoese benzoin and Balsa wood.

The new composition is signed by perfumer Alberto Morillas, who created the successors as well - Bvlgari Man and Bvlgari Man. The fragrance arrives in silver flacon and silver-black outer packaging. It is available as 60 and 100ml eau de toilette.

I can't wait to try this I loved the orignal for a spring fragrance

Default Re: New BVLGARI MAN EXTREME

Will try it when I see it. Also enjoy the original.

The original was ok. Will get a sample when it comes out.

I found the original kinda boring and I didnt liked it that much, lets hope this one is at least stronger to worth a purchase.

I look foreword to trying it! Unfortunately my hope for these undefined flankers with mystery ingredients (Cactus Zest??) is becoming jaded. Marketing 101: whatever is "new" sells, especially a flanker to a popular existing product that is a couple years old - so this flanker was destined to happen, there was never a possibility we would not see Man "extreme". Bulgari Man is one of the few designer men's ultra fresh fragrance that is actually pretty good. I hope the extreme is decent.

BUT, what the ----- is cactus zest? Is this a concentrate of the prickly pear cactus fruit? Never heard of that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I look foreword to trying it! Unfortunately my hope for these undefined flankers with mystery ingredients (Cactus Zest??) is becoming jaded. Marketing 101: whatever is "new" sells, especially a flanker to a popular existing product that is a couple years old - so this flanker was destined to happen, there was never a possibility we would not see Man "extreme". Bulgari Man is one of the few designer men's ultra fresh fragrance that is actually pretty good. I hope the extreme is decent.

BUT, what the ----- is cactus zest? Is this a concentrate of the prickly pear cactus fruit? Never heard of that one!
    Cactus Zest actually sounds like a note from Guerlain Vetiver. One of the reasons I have found GV unwearable after upwards of 20 testings is that there is a "spikey/cactus" note that I can't get through. I don't know if its citrus + vetiver(which wouldn't make sense since I love TdH) or the tobacco or what but I've explained it for all my years here as "cactus/spikey." Maybe this is a form of it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Will probably pass on this.

CologneFan85

Ill check it out

Basenotes Junkie

The name repulses me to unknown degrees, but I guess that's what sells these days.

The composition doesn't sound all that bad, but then again - don't I have enough without having to farm more of these "normal" fragrances with the EXTREME name in them? I think I'll pass, but thanks for the heads up.

I don't know. Bvlgari Man is a kind of "guilty pleasure" to me, a rather linear and uncompromising scent but gives me much pleasure due particularly to one note: the lotus flower, with its meditative and relaxing aroma. Extreme probably will substitute this note with white freesias, an interesting but maybe boring choice since its much more "flowery" than the lotus.

Dependent

Cactus zest. I'm very curious; cactus tends to smell stemmy and green.

I've never seen balsa wood in a pyramid either! I used to build radio-controlled aircraft and can attest to balsa's pleasantness. Quite similar to copaiba balsam.

I am really interested to try this. I will be checking Sephora for it.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

guess its going to be a greener version of the original. Time will tell if longevity proves better or not.

I didn't care for the original. I found it to be a spicy/sour mess. The dry down was pretty nice though, but pretty common too. I do see grapefruit listed in the top note for this one, and if ya know Bvlgari pH Extreme, you know how Bvlgari does grapefruit. Hopefully the same perfumer will take part in it. Although in general, I find most Bvlgari fragrances to be above the average for designer. Looking very forward to trying this.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

If this had actually been a more extreme/better longevity version of the original, I would definitely have been interested.
    But looking at those ingredients, this sounds like something different, and of no interest to me.

I like the sound of this, the Cactus note in Xeryes Rouge is really interesting and I hope we get something similar in this. But it does not seem all that connected with the original Bulgari Man.

Bulgari scents leave me cold. They're kinda industrial and antiseptic to me. Weird, I know. Too clean and astringent, almost like a skin toner.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to trying this one. I love the original one.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

This sounds awesome

Very curious to try this as a fan of the original.

I found this yesterday. As a fan of Bulgari Man, I approached this one with very little interest and expected a slight difference like Bulgari Pour Home and Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme.

Quite a difference. Way brighter on the first spray and less honey accord/sweet than Bulgari Man. The citrus comes out first followed by the peppercorn accord which isn't as strong as Marc Jacob's Bang but it's there and compliments well.

The dry down though... to me - and I'm actually a Bulgari fan of Pour Homme Extreme, Soir and few others - is a mess. There's a hint of citrus, tea, pepper, some woods and something else that smells like a dried vanilla chai but without cardamom. It's inoffensive, but it's taking me a while to get used to it.

I received this as a gift to replace my recently stolen Bulgari Man, but can say that I like the lack of the honey accord of the original (it bothered me because it smelled like sweet smoke on me) but still getting used to the Extreme version.

All in all, a good office scent, but it's an odd one. And sadly, I lean to more of a like than dislike.

I would describe Bvlgari Man Extreme as a citrusy vetiver without any revelations. The regular Bvlgari Man has conquered our noses by a beautiful honeyed tea-like vetiver. Here, unfortunately, this honey is replaced by an excessive amount of lemons. In face we get a typical modern sporty fragrance with a mature vetivery dry down. Women tend to like Extreme version, though the predecessor is many times more noteworthy.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Wasnt a fan of the first. Let us wait and see

Blunder in all CAPS.

The only positive thing about its existence is that it highlights how good the original was in comparison.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thumbs up Re: New BVLGARI MAN EXTREME

Very fresh and clean smell. I Love it.
    My opinion this perfume more spicy than citrus.