Code of Conduct

Default Good complex fragrance for a highschooler

I am saving for a new cologne but i have no idea what to buy! I don't wanna buy chrome or cool water or anything like those, they just dont feel right. I was thinking of buying La Nuit de l'Homme but most reviewers said its better for people who are in their 20's im 15. Right now i have Angel men and One Million. I love angel men, i like dark chocolaty, vanilla type of fragrances. Bare in mind that i can't afford any niches colognes. something under 80 would be great! Also it need to have a little over average projection and 6-8 hours of longevity

Default Re: Good complex fragrance for a highschooler

Burberry London

Have you even smelled La Nuit? Sniff it before you make such a judgement. Reviewers say what they think, but they don't control what you think. It's a good one to start off with, I'd say.

go out and test lots of fragrances at macys, fragrance shops at the mall...once you are done that you can buy small decants and samples online which in the long run will save you lots of cash....i myself would rather have $80 worth of samples and decants over 1 bottle of something..just my thought.....plus if you buy a sample that chokes everyone out in the class(cough cough lagerfeld classic), you are only out a few bucks instead of $80....plus after a while you might get sick of wearing that fragrance as you preferences changes and craving/addiction for different olfactory experiences changes......i have many bottles at home that i will probably never use half of in a lifetime.
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Have you even smelled La Nuit? Sniff it before you make such a judgement. Reviewers say what they think, but they don't control what you think. It's a good one to start off with, I'd say.
    I did try it out before its something i never went to before but i liked it! I just thought it would be too mature for me

If you like it, wear it! Let your nose be the judge.

Wear what you like! La Nuit is a good fragrance, just make sure to not put on too much, whatever fragrance you choose. Especially in high school, going light is important seeing as you'll be in close proximity to people in class and such.

Despite your suggestions I will also throw another one into the ring - Azzaro Pour Homme. A nice, masculine scent, very affordable if you look around and it will definitely set you apart from the crowd.

Overcome By Fumes

Boucheron Jaipur Homme is worth a try.

Ten years ago, when I was a young lad, my signature scents were "Eau d'Orange Verte" (Hermes) and "Grapefruit" (Jo Malone). I got a million compliments for each of these and never got tired of them. Looking back, I wish I could have thrown a third option into my rotation, unfortunately it took me awhile to discover Vetiver, and for me it's an absolutely indispensable scent. My current favorite is by Lorenzo Villoresi, but perhaps you either want to start out with something much more classic (like Guerlain, which is legendary) or maybe you want something much more adventurous (like Etat Libre d'Orange, which is called Fat Electrician).

CologneFan85

Boss Orange

Rochas Man -- $20 at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc.

I recommend you look into a bottle of "future distilled" by watch maker NOOKA. You can buy a 5ml sample on their site for like5 bucks, IMO it's spot on for H.S.

I am in complete agreement with the advise here to go test a good number of scents and then choose something that you like. Don't get too caught up in whether something is "too mature" or "too" anything for that matter. When I was in high school I wore the original Brut most of the time and never thought it was too old or mature.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I usually recommend Boss Bottled to people who ask questions like this, but you may prefer something like Pure Malt.

If you like la nuit then you will like Armani Mania.