Code of Conduct

Default Les Senteurs No Longer Shipping Internationally

I was having a nose on their site and spotted a notice on the top of the page.

They are no longer able to ship outside the UK because of a change in regulations on shipping fragrance.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Les Senteurs No Longer Shipping Internationally

Wonder what the change was. I just received an order from Murdock London without any issues. I was surprised though, they clearly marked for all to read in the export information area . . . Cologne. Got it here from London in 8 days.

Someone on another boards said it is new international shipping regulations about all liquids. It will effect the whole of the EU and elsewhere. So ordering from say Serge Lutens etc it have to come by courier allowed to ship liquids and much more expensive or just plain surface mail which will take much longer.
    DONNA

It's only temporary - until LS find a courier that isn't exorbitantly priced and will take perfume, which is now a "dangerous substance".

It's also affecting people like Andy Tauer who used to send his goods via swisspost.

There is a threat of fines for businesses that don't comply, and small businesses simply can't afford to chance it.

Palmbeach - read this post on Persolaise's blog. It's as much a mystery to us as everyone else.

Soon they won't be able to ship inland either. Royal Mail is forbidding transit of any fragrance within the UK from July 2013.

No - it's O.K. for U.K. registered R.M. 'Business Clients', shipping within the U.K. now with volume restrictions/stickers & maybe for the rest of us within the U.K. only from July, but ?not quite finalised so the date might alter!
    According to a R.M. boss anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Someone on another boards said it is new international shipping regulations about all liquids. It will effect the whole of the EU and elsewhere. So ordering from say Serge Lutens etc it have to come by courier allowed to ship liquids and much more expensive or just plain surface mail which will take much longer.
    I checked with the post office the other day. You cannot send fragrances abroad by air or surface mail. My parcel was refused, even though I anticipated sending it by surface. No foreign shipping of frags. I also checked some of the courier companies who also state they cannot accept fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmeister View Post
    I checked with the post office the other day. You cannot send fragrances abroad by air or surface mail. My parcel was refused, even though I anticipated sending it by surface. No foreign shipping of frags. I also checked some of the courier companies who also state they cannot accept fragrances.
    Sorry, meant that we private sorts may be able to ship to others within the U.K. from July, whilst registered business clients may now.
    Nobody may ship overseas at present.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    No - it's O.K. for U.K. registered R.M. 'Business Clients', shipping within the U.K. now with volume restrictions/stickers & maybe for the rest of us within the U.K. only from July, but ?not quite finalised so the date might alter!
    According to a R.M. boss anyway!
    Im pretty sure that sending Perfume in the UK is classed as restricted and NOT prohibited for personal customers. You just need to adhere to the same labelling requirements as account customers.

I had the person on the phone confirm that when she read id8000/fragile tape that it was indeed in the personal section of her ref guide.

Personally I dont trust Royal Mail at all. Zero transparency and three different sets of information Online/Phone/Post Office.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

This truly sucks. What sucks even more is I can no longer participate in Kron's splits!!

So did I, but the boss reckons that the website is correct & the staff need 'further training' ('cos nobody bothered telling them).
    See the other thread, one of the bosses has been replying to my emails today. I started c.c.-ing them to the press.
    It would be testing the management's patience to copy them again here but (& they are there in full), basically, their staff have been given the wrong info & the website is correct. But you must take care to read the bits applying to personal customers, not business ones.
    It's another major omnishambles & I have a headache!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    This truly sucks. What sucks even more is I can no longer participate in Kron's splits!!
    @ Diamondflame - Sucks a bit that we can't rely on P.O. staff to have been told the rules by their bosses too!
    Last edited by lpp; 12th February 2013 at 07:24 PM.