Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Default Re: fresco by ilum deam (an aventus clone?)

Quiet simply. i am very happy, i do not need to buy Aventus now.

I'm one of those creed fans who like there fragrances but think they are a total rip off.
    If your like me, do not hold back.

BTW............................................... .................................................. .......... I got 2 bottle for 1!!!!!!!

Would of been a steal but i had to pay customs fee on both bottles, 11 Quid each. God damn Royal mail 8 quid fee. Forgot about that.

So anyone in the UK want a bottle shipped £26 Quid?? or a Trade for something?

Quote Originally Posted by itaos View Post
    I returned a leaky bottle which was received by them on Janary 24th. I have had to remind them twice to send out the new bottle and refund the return shipping, but it is apparently on its way. I was informed that the liquid on the outside of the bottle was not due to a leak rather "it is spraying at bigger velocity, too much pressure". Make of this what you will, but my Aventus has a high velocity sprayer and does not leak all over my hand and the bottle.
    My bottle does the same thing. I emailed Ilum Dean. They asked me where I bought it. I forgot I got it from Dr. Scent off eBay. Oops. Lol. Whatever. It was like an expensive sample. I have never worn it nor will I. Nor will I ever buy another Ilum Dean product again - from them, from eBay or from the Man in the Moon. It's a leaky bottle of very mediocre juice (in my humble opinion). I have lots and lots of other stuff I'd rather wear...that doesn't leak. Lol! In all seriousness, the opportunity cost of wearing the Fresco is much too high with the other stuff I have sitting on my counter. I wouldn't even wear it at night when I sleep.

Basenotes Plus

Giving it a wear today. 20 minutes in and it's not shabby at all. There was a bit of alcohol the first few seconds.

I compared it with Aventus side to side a few days ago, and Aventus kicks its ass into next month but, by itself, it's holding its own (so far).

So mine finally arrived yesterday.. That is once I'd payed the V.A.T. and Royal mail charge which all totaled up to an extra £11 which increases the overall coast of the frag in the U.K. significantly..

I opened the box to be greeted with a strong synthetic pineapple smell. The box was damp and the bottle had obviously decided it was going to make the parcel smell nice! So I opened the box to find that the silver just under the spray was coming off due to what looked like prolonged contact with the bottle contents... this got me thinking about how safe this thing really is.... but being a rebel I threw caution to the wind and decided to try a little...

Initially I found it quite synthetic with a strong alcohol/very sweet pineapple vibe but this soon subsided into what I'd describe as a perfectly acceptable frag for the money. Okay longevity and projection isn't great on me and the overall packaging quality is, to be Frank, crap but the actual frag isn't too bad.

I also own Aventus and I can see the similarity's that people talk about ,yes it has a pineapple vibe which is far stronger than the pineapple I initially get from Aventus but it doesn't last, it turns into something weak with a slight spicy & Smokey note. I would say, being subjective, that Aventus is without doubt the superior frag if you were to try and compare them, but for me they cannot be compared as they are really two very different beasts..

Would I spend my money on Fresco again? No, there are many many frags out there that are in the same ballpark for less outlay.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

even if you didnt own aventus you wouldnt buy it?

As someone who will not buy another creed (maybe royal oud) owning this is perfect. It was the point of my purchase tbh.

Basenotes Plus

even if i didn't own, or have smelled aventus before, it would actually be a questionable buy for me. Its not bad, but not all that great either. Frankly I'd think cuba gold @ $10 is a much better value (a tobacco-ish le male knock off that smells pretty decent).
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

ScentsforRob, if you wish a reply from your private message, you must first empty your mailbox for me to respond.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Truth is Aventus doesn't last at all.

This is Aventus lite mixed with Hugo xy. Definitely something dodgy going on with the company (lol) too.
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q