Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: fresco by ilum deam (an aventus clone?)

The registrant of IlumDean.com is "Maison du Parfum".

http://www.linkedin.com/in/maisonduparfum

Ilum Dean NY = DrScent.com

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post

Yep. Your not going to be buying this at Sak's anytime soon.

Haha, no surprise there. Good job Sherlock Basenotes!

To limit the extent of a possible lawsuit?

Posted this on the FB groups today.

Got Fresco in today, and this does not smell like my X02 batch! It has a black pepper/musk/moss smell to it and it is nowhere as sweet as my X02. Sorry but this is not 90 to 95% Aventus. Unless I got a bad batch!

The atomizer was not even put on correctly so it leaked during shipping, and is still leaking out of the box. Also, it has a very strong alcohol scent at the beginning.

Overall, not happy!

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by Vento97gt View Post
    Posted this on the FB groups today.

Got Fresco in today, and this does not smell like my X02 batch! It has a black pepper/musk/moss smell to it and it is nowhere as sweet as my X02. Sorry but this is not 90 to 95% Aventus. Unless I got a bad batch!

The atomizer was not even put on correctly so it leaked during shipping, and is still leaking out of the box. Also, it has a very strong alcohol scent at the beginning.

Overall, not happy!
    Really? Maybe everyone is getting different juice...I just smelt a sample from a co-worker who had received his sample today. It was pretty much a Aventus clone to my nose and his. A heavy pineapple opening with a light smoke drydown. As close as ive smelt. We just compared to my bottle of Aventus and I couldn't smell the difference. EXCEPT for Aventus having a better drydown...I say about 95 percent the same.

Maybe because of the bottle being open for a while, and during shipping air could have an impact on the scent?

CologneFan85

Regardless this wont have a scent trail and longevity compared to Aventus. Not to big of a fan of Aventus anyways but its a cheap alternative, so thats cool.

Does anyone know which batch it compares to most?
    I have a sample of the C4 batch, which isn't too bad.
    Also, which batch is the one that everyone is hyping?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    Does anyone know which batch it compares to most?
    I have a sample of the C4 batch, which isn't too bad.
    Also, which batch is the one that everyone is hyping?
    It's smells like Aventus plain and simple. It's not going to smell like a particular batch because it's not a super strong fragrance. That's part of why Aventus has had issues. It's too strong for it's own good.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Good job Sherlock Basenotes!
    LOL, Thanks!
    Love your avatar BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by khulk View Post
    To limit the extent of a possible lawsuit?
    I don't think there will be a lawsuit TBH.
    They did a bad job of covering up the connection between DrScent and Ilum Dean.
    The Ilum Dean website is a bit "fishy".
    When you click on About Us > Our Story, there are 2 lines of text.... lol
    It's a brand new fashion house, but without clothing.
    IlumDean and DrScent use the same hosting.
    So I continued googling and found the linkedin url.
    I think it was clear to a lot of people that DrScent and Ilum Dean are 1 company.
    Now we know it for a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vento97gt View Post
    The atomizer was not even put on correctly so it leaked during shipping, and is still leaking out of the box.
    Wow, now that is a huge problem.
    I have also read comments on Youtube about leaking bottles.
    I am definitely not ordering this.
    If they would ask $40 or $50 for the 3.4, and put it in a better bottle, people would still buy it.
    Such a shame.

Sound Scents

I just got my sample in today and applied it right on skin... So far it is indeed very close to the Aventus pineapple open, but it seems to be missing the cloying overly smoky aspect of its dry-down that I disliked. While I won't be buying a bottle myself as it still really isn't for me, at least early-on I would say I prefer it to Aventus and would say it is indeed a great substitute for a lot less money. I guess time will tell if the performance holds up. So far, so good if you like this kind of scent.

Edit: Now further into the development I am getting a better picture of the two scents (especially as I now have Aventus from my large decant that has been gathering dust on one arm and Fresco on the other). They are *very* similar nearly from start to finish as I am now even getting a bit of the smoky dry-down with the Fresco too. The difference is the Aventus is much stronger and projects a lot more. In my case, I view both of these as deficiencies as Aventus is just so overbearing and synthetic that it drives me crazy the longer I wear it. With Fresco, even though the scent profile is nearly identical throughout, it is much more wearable as it does not get cloying like Aventus over time. It also should be able to be worn to work a lot more readily without one worrying the entire office will smell them. I stand by my initial thoughts that if I could only own one it would be the Fresco for the cost savings and the lack of crazy potency. Luckily I don't have to own either as I still slightly dislike the Aventus and am indifferent to Fresco. If cloning Aventus was Ilum Deam's goal, they get a gold star.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's smells like Aventus plain and simple. It's not going to smell like a particular batch because it's not a super strong fragrance. That's part of why Aventus has had issues. It's too strong for it's own good.
    Absolutely correct, IMO.
    Last edited by drseid; 19th January 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Well I'm in too... dammit. Snagged by the hype.

FYI- about a buck cheaper than ebay when you use the drscent.com website with the discount code COACHROB. Including shipping mine came to $31.41.
    Wait, coach Rob already has his own discount code on the website that's selling the fragrance? That seem fishy to anyone else?

Now Im starting to think this is fishy...it looks like coachrob maybe getting a kickback from the site for hyping this. This doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 19th January 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goody2141 View Post
    I decided to give it a try. Wanted to try Midnight in Paris, but that will probably always be $30
    It smells like someone burned rubber on their tires in a garage full of baby powder. Atrocious.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Now Im starting to think this is fishy...it looks like coachrob maybe getting g a kickback from the site for hyping this. This doesn't make any sense.
    While not implying that is the case at all, even if it is does it really matter as long as he is correct in his assertions?
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Now Im starting to think this is fishy...it looks like coachrob maybe getting g a kickback from the site for hyping this. This doesn't make any sense.
    Yeah, he's a thief. Pfft. Great observation!!! People never do things because they just want to help people. Had to LOL at this comment.

Idk some people would feel cheated...anyone can have a deal with a supplier and hype a fragrance and get a kickback in return!

Yeah, he's a thief. Pfft. Great observation!!! People never do things because they just want to help people. Had to LOL at this comment.
    Are you familiar with the term shill? Do you really think CoachRob discovered this scent all on his own, and then decided to upload a vid comparing it to Aventus because he genuinely wanted to help people? I'm guessing things went more like this; "hey CoachRob, Mr. Ilum Dean here. We've just developed a cologne that smells exactly like Creed Aventus, but since we're trying to come across as a legitimately run business we can't come out and market it as such. However if you were to make a YouTube vid saying that it smells exactly like Aventus, we'll line your pockets!"

Lol are you serious. First of all I never said he was a thief. Its just not all adding up. With his discount code from the same manufacturer of this scent.

According to this video he even says he's a business man and entrepreneur.

All I care as of now is the bottle I bought off ebay. If it leaks you better know I'm leaving negative feedback!

Does anyone think that he's not getting a little money or free product at least? I though it was a given.
    Its probably not much money though since its not like they are selling thousands of bottles or even hundreds. The only reason they have sold 5 bottles is because of his video, so they should be paying him for being their entire ad campaign.

CologneFan85

Well like ive said smells pretty good.
    Last edited by CologneFan85; 20th January 2013 at 02:10 AM.

Basenotes Member Carvalho Diablo's Avatar
    Pompadour Cosmetique Company, Baker Street

Can't believe that some people here are getting their knickers in a twist about this.

100mls of this Fresco juice is only £25 for crying out loud ! Even if the bottles are filled with tap water it's hardly the end of the world.

Worth a punt in anybody's language.
    ***My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world : those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.***

Quote Originally Posted by Carvalho Diablo View Post
    Can't believe that some people here are getting their knickers in a twist about this.

100mls of this Fresco juice is only £25 for crying out loud ! Even if the bottles are filled with tap water it's hardly the end of the world.

Worth a punt in anybody's language.

But these are sealed correctly and are not leaking.

I got my sample today and I'll be testing it out tomorrow. Also, I really don't mind if this guy is getting a kickback or whatever because if this fragrance is a more subtle version of Aventus (plus a lot cheaper), then hey, thanks Mr.Guy for letting us know!

Are you familiar with the term shill? Do you really think CoachRob discovered this scent all on his own, and then decided to upload a vid comparing it to Aventus because he genuinely wanted to help people? I'm guessing things went more like this; "hey CoachRob, Mr. Ilum Dean here. We've just developed a cologne that smells exactly like Creed Aventus, but since we're trying to come across as a legitimately run business we can't come out and market it as such. However if you were to make a YouTube vid saying that it smells exactly like Aventus, we'll line your pockets!"
    This thread has been very entertaining, especially with conspiracy theorists like yourself lol. Before I address this, if my username doesn't reveal it, I'M COACHROB619 FROM YOUTUBE. So let's hear it from the horse's mouth since you didn't get it from my video. Like a movie sometimes you need to watch it twice because you may have missed some things..

1) First of all I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ILUM DEAN NY. I DIDN'T DISCOVER FRESCO. I clearly state that in the beginning of the video. A subscriber of mine did, and HE told me it smells extremely close to Aventus and to check it out for myself. 01:15-01:45. So I bought a bottle, that didn't leak by the way and agreed with his assessment. So being a reviewer, it's my obligation TO REVIEW MY OPINION, and let people know what I think.

2) Do I genuinely want to help people? Hmmm.. Let me see, I've been reviewing fragrances for about a year now, have over 80 (one were I compare ALL THE CREEDS) and haven't MADE ONE PENNY! What the hell else would I be doing it for other than my passion for fragrances and helping people out?

3) You guessed WRONG. Things went like this, I contacted Dr.scent and told them what I do, and that I have a nice following on YouTube and could possibly help generate sales for them being I think the Fresco will do extremely well once people smell it. All I ask is that you CREATE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR MY SUBSCRIBERS THAT I SEND TO YOU. That's it, I don't get a kick back, percentage, or anything. I get to use the same discount code everyone else does. Based on Fresco taking off like wildfire, I WILL CONTACT THEM AGAIN, and try to work out a percentage I can get every time somebody uses my discount code for ANY fragrance on their site, that's the businessman/entrepreneur in me. Who wouldn't? Should I not get reimbursed for my time, effort and exposure I brought to this fragrance? But as of 1/19/13 that's not the case, I get nothing.

Just a FYI, I plan on doing another underrated/under the radar fragrance review. Unfortunately Dr.scent nor Ebay sells it, I've only found it on Amazon.com. So be prepared to conjure up another conspiracy of how I'm secretly the CEO of Amazon.com and did a review on this fragrance to increase revenue for Amazon's fragrance department.. SMH #Illhavemypopcornready

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Of course CoachRob is part of this. But who cares...They made a great clone. They just wanted to get their clone out and make cash, plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

This coach rob guy is saying ppl should call him basenote Rob on Basenotes...geez The comments on his youtube are ridiculous
    It was just a joke, lighten up! Also read my reply, a bunch of rumor starters on here.. #getfacts

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by ScentsforRob View Post
    This thread has been very entertaining, especially with conspiracy theorists like yourself lol. Before I address this, if my username doesn't reveal it, I'M COACHROB619 FROM YOUTUBE. So let's hear it from the horse's mouth since you didn't get it from my video. Like a movie sometimes you need to watch it twice because you may have missed some things..

1) First of all I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ILUM DEAN NY. I DIDN'T DISCOVER FRESCO. I clearly state that in the beginning of the video. A subscriber of mine did, and HE told me it smells extremely close to Aventus and to check it out for myself. 01:15-01:45. So I bought a bottle, that didn't leak by the way and agreed with his assessment. So being a reviewer, it's my obligation TO REVIEW MY OPINION, and let people know what I think.

2) Do I genuinely want to help people? Hmmm.. Let me see, I've been reviewing fragrances for about a year now, have over 80 (one were I compare ALL THE CREEDS) and haven't MADE ONE PENNY! What the hell else would I be doing it for other than my passion for fragrances and helping people out?

3) You guessed WRONG. Things went like this, I contacted Dr.scent and told them what I do, and that I have a nice following on YouTube and could possibly help generate sales for them being I think the Fresco will do extremely well once people smell it. All I ask is that you CREATE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR MY SUBSCRIBERS THAT I SEND TO YOU. That's it, I don't get a kick back, percentage, or anything. I get to use the same discount code everyone else does. Based on Fresco taking off like wildfire, I WILL CONTACT THEM AGAIN, and try to work out a percentage I can get every time somebody uses my discount code for ANY fragrance on their site, that's the businessman/entrepreneur in me. Who wouldn't? Should I not get reimbursed for my time, effort and exposure I brought to this fragrance? But as of 1/19/13 that's not the case, I get nothing.

Just a FYI, I plan on doing another underrated/under the radar fragrance review. Unfortunately Dr.scent nor Ebay sells it, I've only found it on Amazon.com. So be prepared to conjure up another conspiracy of how I'm secretly the CEO of Amazon.com and did a review on this fragrance to increase revenue for Amazon's fragrance department.. SMH #Illhavemypopcornready

- - - Updated - - -

It was just a joke, lighten up! Also read my reply, a bunch of rumor starters on here.. #getfacts
    Why be so offended? No big deal...

- - - Updated - - -

Called being sarcastic...

- - - Updated - - -

yep...But they made a good alternative.

Get what you can while you can Rob.

Thanks for clearing the air Rob. I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but things looked fishy for a while, not only to myself, but many others on this forum. Keep up the good work my friend.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 20th January 2013 at 03:17 AM.

Things still look a little fishy to me. I just got spammed by the coachrob video. I understand wanting to promote one's youtube channel, but... this looks a little sales/PR oriented and perhaps sketchy. Anyway... I bought a sample a few days ago because I own and enjoy Aventus, so I figured that for $2 it would be fun to do a comparison.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Things still look a little fishy to me. I just got spammed by the coachrob video. I understand wanting to promote one's youtube channel, but... this looks a little sales/PR oriented and perhaps sketchy. Anyway... I bought a sample a few days ago because I own and enjoy Aventus, so I figured that for $2 it would be fun to do a comparison.
    Everything's a conspiracy with you guys lol. So you never received a video message ever on YT? Sorry for trying to promote my channel..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for clearing the air Rob. I apologize for jumping to conclusions, but I am not a conspiracy theorist. Things looked fishy for a while, not only to myself, but many others on this forum. Keep up the good work my friend.
    Will do, and apology accepted. I'm the last to pull some elaborate Ponzi scheme lol. I'm not that smart you guys give me too much credit.

Everything's a conspiracy with you guys lol. So you never received a video message ever on YT? Sorry for trying to promote my channel..
    I'm not very active on youtube, so, no. I've never received one.

Wow Coach Bobby pulling out the hashtags on us! #basenotesnottwitternotes

That being said, keep the vids coming, I enjoy your takes.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I'm not very active on youtube, so, no. I've never received one.
    I guess that explains why you call receiving a response video "being spammed."

Hey Rob, thanks for clearing some of the confusion. All I care to be honest is a perfect working bottle of Fresco that smells like my bottle of Aventus. No leaky sprayer is all I'm asking for lol.

Oh on a side note Rob, hashtags don't work here. This isn't Twitter. Lol :P

#hastagsarewaybetterthansmileyswhenmakingapoint
    #PerfumeIlluminati
    #CouchRobControlsTheMedia
    #IlumDeanTruthUncovered

#PerfumeIlluminati
    #IlumDeanTruthUncovered

Good one Hepard.
    Last edited by silentrich; 20th January 2013 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    #PerfumeIlluminati
    #IlumDeanTruthUncovered
    Lmao good one man!

I got my FB in today and it smells excellent! I feel like a winner, regardless for that price point and the quality. Tell me what you can get from your local department store of this quality and price?

I think it's safe to say when it comes to Aventus they come out of the woodwork. Way to go guys. You didn't disappoint.

Okay who came out the woodwork?

#confused?

Guess people are dying to pay top dollar, folks hate a good deal....Reminds me of starbury sneakers and how nobody wanted them because they were not expensive. Gotta have that nike check even though I cant afford it!

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    I guess that explains why you call receiving a response video "being spammed."
    Not sure what you mean by a response video. It was just an email recommending checking out the Ilum Dean Fresco video, but it wasn't a response to a video I'd watched or commented on. To me, that's spam since it's unsolicited PR. I promise I don't mean to be rude to CoachRob. I just hate spam. I get so much junk email.

^ Okay, in that case I agree with you.

#PerfumeIlluminati
    #IlumDeanTruthUncovered
    Will you do a Fresco split?

Probably a good idea. Do a 30 way split. Wouldn't want anyone to think they got cheated.

Lol
    probably a good idea. Do a 30 way split. Wouldn't want anyone to think they got cheated.

I contacted Dr.scent and told them what I do, and that I have a nice following on YouTube and could possibly help generate sales for them being I think the Fresco will do extremely well once people smell it. All I ask is that you CREATE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR MY SUBSCRIBERS THAT I SEND TO YOU. That's it, I don't get a kick back, percentage, or anything.
    You have to understand why others think or thought otherwise, don't you? These are your exact words in your last video:

Me bein' the businessman, entrepreneur that I am, you know, I worked out a deal with the online retailer drscent.com; worked out a deal for my subscribers.

Anyone hearing that would think that the business man and entrepreneur that you claim to be worked out a deal to get a percentage.

#LoLIDontEvenJokeAboutMakingDealsOutsideOfTheMarke tplace

#FollowTheLinkInMySignatureIn3Days

Haha nice work Suppressor!!

New conspiracy:
    #CreedCreatedFresco&IlumDean&CoachRobIsOnThePayrol l

You have to understand why others think or thought otherwise, don't you? These are your exact words in your last video:

Me bein' the businessman, entrepreneur that I am, you know, I worked out a deal with the online retailer drscent.com; worked out a deal for my subscribers.

Anyone hearing that would think that the business man and entrepreneur that you claim to be worked out a deal to get a percentage.
    The problem is that people assumed he was a con artist without actually getting their noses on it. I knew better, because I actually had a bottle of it and I'm the one that PM'd the OP about this fragrance. The information about Ilum Dean and Dr.Scent being the same entity was a fact and a useful piece of information. Accusing someone of being a con man and trying to steal their money under false pretenses isn't acceptable. Matter of fact if you do it to someone's face you'll likely walk away with a few less teeth. Just for the record I will take your money.

#JiveHippoIsNotInFactAHippoButHeIsIndeedJiveAndAls oCanadianButHeIsNotOnIlumDeansPayroll

#WhyIsBasenotesBustinUpMyMonsterHashtag ...?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm... who or what exactly is Dr.Scent? I'm not familiar.

The problem is that people assumed he was a con artist without actually getting their noses on it.
    It doesn't matter if they got their noses on it. Would you trust a restaurant critic giving positive reviews to a restaurant he had a stake in? Reviews are trusted when there's no bias and Coach Rob heavily inferred that he had a stake in sales.

I heard CoachRob is really who killed Kennedy. Just sayin........

#noMorehashTagjokes

Best thread ever.

^ He also wrote in this thread:

I WILL CONTACT THEM AGAIN, and try to work out a percentage I can get every time somebody uses my discount code for ANY fragrance on their site, that's the businessman/entrepreneur in me. Who wouldn't? Should I not get reimbursed for my time, effort and exposure I brought to this fragrance?

The answer to his question is, no, you shouldn't. Not if you want your reviews to be trusted. People won't trust your reviews if your trying to make a buck off the companies you're reviewing.

Go back to not watching his videos if you are worried about him making $1 from every $25 bottle of fragrance that they sell because of his promotion of it.

Oh no!!!! What will we all do now that we cant trust some guy named Coach Rob who reviews fragrances on Youtube!!???!!

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    #noMorehashTagjokes
    Ah, the classic non-joke joke. Well played, sir. Well played.

#ThisIsNotAHashTagJoke

#ThisHoweverMayOrMayNotInFactBeAHashTagJoke

#ButEvenIfThoseWereBothActuallyHashtagJokesBasenot esIsStillNotTwitter

It doesn't matter if they got their noses on it. Would you trust a restaurant critic giving positive reviews to a restaurant he had a stake in? Reviews are trusted when there's no bias and Coach Rob heavily inferred that he had a stake in sales.
    You do realize that I have a bottle and I did give my impression on it right? I'm pretty sure many more people will comment on this thread with their opinions of it also. If you don't trust his opinion then don't buy a bottle. I believe he also stated that he wasn't getting compensated. Be honest I could care less.

Go back to not watching his videos if you are worried about him making $1 from every $25 bottle of fragrance that they sell because of his promotion of it.

Oh no!!!! What will we all do now that we cant trust some guy named Coach Rob who reviews fragrances on Youtube!!???!!
    I'm not worried about anything. I'm simply explaining why others would be dubious of someone reviewing something he has a stake in. But you knew that.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that I have a bottle and I did give my impression on it right?
    That's relevant how?

I believe he also stated that he wasn't getting compensated. Be honest I could care less.
    I mentioned that already. I also mentioned that his plan is to get compensated.