Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: fresco by ilum deam (an aventus clone?)

No one cares. Deal with it.

I ordered a bottle, some people here think Aventus is GOD. I have Aventus and sport it on all my important dates and I can tell everyone I had ZERO/NADA compliments from anyone yet! I do like Aventus but dont like the price so if fresco is similar and its only $32.00 delivered ding ding ding we have a deal.

FIRST IMPRESSION:

To my surprise I went to my mailbox a couple hours back to find 2 bottles of Fresco. This is odd since I initially ordered a $2 sample and then changed my mind and blind bought a bottle. I checked my bank account and Ilum charged me correctly so I guess I have a bonus bottle! This whole business with the sample size listed next to the 3.3 oz bottle listing obviously even has Ilum confused. That or they are just generous. In either case I'm not complaining.

For the testing: Initial spray of Fresco to the left wrist. Disappointed. Alcoholic, synthetic pineapple, not good. Surely this is one of those bunk CoolWater/GIT or Unforgiveable/MI comparisons where yes, we can see a resemblance, but the quality just isn't there to justify the cheap replacement. Two minutes later I am pleasantly surprised as the alcohol blast goes away and the quality of Fresco seems to rise up towards Aventus.

Okay, I am not the best at picking out notes in great detail so I'll just give a sense of the comparison. Fresco is a good fragrance, and it's a pretty darn good copy of Aventus. That being said it is certainly lines up more with the sparkling/fruity version of Aventus and not the smokey/birch version. If you like that version you are in for a treat. No comments on longevity yet as we are at about 3 hours but my general sense is that it will not project quite as well or last quite as long, but I predict it will be adequate. Honestly that is a good thing because it does make Fresco more versatile.

I think calling Fresco "Aventus light" would be a pretty accurate statement. It fills a nice place in my collection without ever threatening to make Aventus obsolete.

I think layering the two could be quite interesting.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Quote Originally Posted by Whitealltrac View Post
    I ordered a bottle, some people here think Aventus is GOD. I have Aventus and sport it on all my important dates and I can tell everyone I had ZERO/NADA compliments from anyone yet! I do like Aventus but dont like the price so if fresco is similar and its only $32.00 delivered ding ding ding we have a deal.
    Totally with you on this. I love Aventus but I wear it for me. If I have a date, I've learned to wear something else. In fact, I've found many scents that easily get me more compliments than Aventus... but on a sunny day that isn't too cold, I reach for Aventus (unless I have a date, of course).

Time will tell, but I'm betting Fresco will lack the depth of Creed's base, making it more of a summer scent... but... like I said, I love Aventus on sunny days, so Fresco could hit the spot for a summer scent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    To my surprise I went to my mailbox a couple hours back to find 2 bottles of Fresco. This is odd since I initially ordered a $2 sample and then changed my mind and blind bought a bottle. I checked my bank account and Ilum charged me correctly so I guess I have a bonus bottle! This whole business with the sample size listed next to the 3.3 oz bottle listing obviously even has Ilum confused. That or they are just generous. In either case I'm not complaining.
    I just went back and looked at my email receipt. I ordered a $2 sample and paypal shows I was billed $2, but the email says a 3.3fl oz was shipped.

"Note to buyer:
    Fresco edt 3.3fl oz for men"

...I wonder what I'll be receiving on Monday.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Didn't rush to try Aventus, will not rush to purchase this.

Entertaining thread though, clone scents, shill hunting, people receiving more than they've paid for, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Didn't rush to try Aventus, will not rush to purchase this.

Entertaining thread though, clone scents, shill hunting, people receiving more than they've paid for, etc.

This one's getting to be as good as the "Plumber move my bottles about on the sideboard" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    This one's getting to be as good as the "Plumber move my bottles about on the sideboard" thread.
    It has knock-offs, thrills, anger, coupons, YouTube reviews, Creed batch comparisons, conspiracy theories, retractions, apologies and pineapples. This is quite possibly the best thread at Basenotes in quite a while. The Plumber Thread - that's a lot of anger, Adrian Monk style OCD and screams for a person's job.

Dunno... think of the pineapples.

What's the batch number of the non-leaking bottles?

#ThisHasToBeAventus
    #IWantToBelieve
    #TheTruthIsOutThere

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    This is quite possibly the best thread at Basenotes in quite a while.
    Well, I am THE thread-starter on basenotes. It was only a matter of time.

I wish I liked Aventus and then this would excite me

Banned
    Blog Entries

i LOVE aventus.

and i'm mad that my sample of fresco isnt here yet.

i live in New Jersey. right next to NYC, where Ilum Dean is.

I should have it by now!!

Can you buy this in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Can you buy this in the UK?
    Only available online although they ship worldwide. Only available at Dr Scent or Ilum Dean (who turn out to be the same people as it happens).

Double post

Guys, if you use the COACHROB discount code, the total cost delivered to UK is $35.41, which is £25. Only thing to consider, is whether we would get stung on customs duty. Anybody know?

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    FIRST IMPRESSION:

For the testing: Initial spray of Fresco to the left wrist. Disappointed. Alcoholic, synthetic pineapple, not good. Surely this is one of those bunk CoolWater/GIT or Unforgiveable/MI comparisons where yes, we can see a resemblance, but the quality just isn't there to justify the cheap replacement. Two minutes later I am pleasantly surprised as the alcohol blast goes away and the quality of Fresco seems to rise up towards Aventus.

Okay, I am not the best at picking out notes in great detail so I'll just give a sense of the comparison. Fresco is a good fragrance, and it's a pretty darn good copy of Aventus. That being said it is certainly lines up more with the sparkling/fruity version of Aventus and not the smokey/birch version. If you like that version you are in for a treat. No comments on longevity yet as we are at about 3 hours but my general sense is that it will not project quite as well or last quite as long, but I predict it will be adequate. Honestly that is a good thing because it does make Fresco more versatile.

I think calling Fresco "Aventus light" would be a pretty accurate statement. It fills a nice place in my collection without ever threatening to make Aventus obsolete.

I think layering the two could be quite interesting.
    Like I was saying earlier, I only ordered a 2ml sample. But my invoice stated I ordered a 3.3fl oz Bottle. So I called them I they did send me a 3.3 fl 0z bottle...And I was only charged for the sample size.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Totally with you on this. I love Aventus but I wear it for me. If I have a date, I've learned to wear something else. In fact, I've found many scents that easily get me more compliments than Aventus... but on a sunny day that isn't too cold, I reach for Aventus (unless I have a date, of course).

Time will tell, but I'm betting Fresco will lack the depth of Creed's base, making it more of a summer scent... but... like I said, I love Aventus on sunny days, so Fresco could hit the spot for a summer scent.

- - - Updated - - -

I just went back and looked at my email receipt. I ordered a $2 sample and paypal shows I was billed $2, but the email says a 3.3fl oz was shipped.

"Note to buyer:
    Fresco edt 3.3fl oz for men"

...I wonder what I'll be receiving on Monday.
    Its what happened to me...I got the bottle instead

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Well, I am THE thread-starter on basenotes. It was only a matter of time.

Even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day :-)

- - - Updated - - -

It has knock-offs, thrills, anger, coupons, YouTube reviews, Creed batch comparisons, conspiracy theories, retractions, apologies and pineapples. This is quite possibly the best thread at Basenotes in quite a while. The Plumber Thread - that's a lot of anger, Adrian Monk style OCD and screams for a person's job.

Dunno... think of the pineapples.
    That's an impressive summing up of the whole thing in my book.
    I'm hoping someone's going to call for a Youtube ban on CoachRob, or maybe on Ilum Dean (alias Dr. Scent) itself and it's carelessly bottled lawsuit dodging fragrance.
    Last edited by martinijo; 20th January 2013 at 04:30 PM.

#IlumDeanfreebottlescam
    #Frescoisagatewaydrug
    #IT"SATRAP!!!

Whether CoachRob (an excellent and honest reviewer imo) is working with a company to boosts its sales or not is irrelevant.. in fact it's better for us if there's a coupon code. Nobody seemed to care when Tim, Cubby, Al or dozens of other reviewers gave codes that link them to sites.. so who cares. If you are desperate enough to buy into the hype and are left disappointed, then that is your fault. I will wait for a review from a trusted reviewer, in which I like, and follow, to make my decision.

That said. Aventus (good batches w/ lots of pineapple) is certainly and amazing scent, and I agree w/ Silentrich, very strong, almost too strong.. sort of a disappointment really.. yes I like people to smell what I am wearing, but I don't wanna choke out the entire room. Smell itself, pineapple & woods. Simple, and genius. Aventus though, far too strong. Hopefully Fresco is a winner.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    ^ He also wrote in this thread:

I WILL CONTACT THEM AGAIN, and try to work out a percentage I can get every time somebody uses my discount code for ANY fragrance on their site, that's the businessman/entrepreneur in me. Who wouldn't? Should I not get reimbursed for my time, effort and exposure I brought to this fragrance?

The answer to his question is, no, you shouldn't. Not if you want your reviews to be trusted. People won't trust your reviews if your trying to make a buck off the companies you're reviewing.
    In his defense, he did say he was interested in receiving a 'percentage' anytime someone simply used his discount code, there was no reference to what that discount code had to be used for/on. In that sense he's more so helping 'expose' an online seller rather than a fragrance (granted, if a fragrance he's reviewing is sold by only one online seller, that makes things a little less kosher).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Whether CoachRob (an excellent and honest reviewer imo) is working with a company to boosts its sales or not is irrelevant.. in fact it's better for us if there's a coupon code. Nobody seemed to care when Tim, Cubby, Al or dozens of other reviewers gave codes that link them to sites.. so who cares. If you are desperate enough to buy into the hype and are left disappointed, then that is your fault. I will wait for a review from a trusted reviewer, in which I like, and follow, to make my decision.

That said. Aventus (good batches w/ lots of pineapple) is certainly and amazing scent, and I agree w/ Silentrich, very strong, almost too strong.. sort of a disappointment really.. yes I like people to smell what I am wearing, but I don't wanna choke out the entire room. Smell itself, pineapple & woods. Simple, and genius. Aventus though, far too strong. Hopefully Fresco is a winner.
    It's really a great alternative for us Floridian's or people who live in warm/humid climates. Also, I finally picked up a bottle of Azzaro PH last week. Great review on it and I'm actually more excited about that than Fresco. Lol...

I received a leaking bottle through ebay. He stated that the 10 bottles he tried were in working order so I am waiting to hear back from DrScent for a resolution

Is there no feedback system on youtube?

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Is there no feedback system on youtube?
    There is

Quote Originally Posted by itaos View Post
    I received a leaking bottle through ebay. He stated that the 10 bottles he tried were in working order so I am waiting to hear back from DrScent for a resolution
    This is what I'm worried about to be honest. There's a lot of people reporting leaky bottles even on youtube!

Banned
    Blog Entries

i'm really surprised at this thread. i mean, i'm skeptical, but i didn't expect half of 4chan to emigrate here.

Blog Entries

Ordered a 2ml sample, and my receipt shows this:

Description Unit price Qty Unit price
    Fresco edt 3.3fl oz for men
    Item# 111 , Fresco by ilum dean: Fresco 2ml sample , Fresco Edt 3.3fl. oz:
    $2.00 USD 1 $2.00 USD

In a separate email, there's a note that shows this:

Note to buyer:
    Fresco edt 3.3fl oz for men

Is it going to be a full bottle in the mailbox?

Hopefully with all these bottles being sold Coach Rob will buy a better crimper to put the tops on the bottles correctly in the future. It really is better to pay more for a quality tool that will do the job right the first time.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post

But these are sealed correctly and are not leaking.
    LOL! True!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScentsforRob View Post
    This thread has been very entertaining, especially with conspiracy theorists like yourself lol. Before I address this, if my username doesn't reveal it, I'M COACHROB619 FROM YOUTUBE. So let's hear it from the horse's mouth since you didn't get it from my video. Like a movie sometimes you need to watch it twice because you may have missed some things..

1) First of all I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ILUM DEAN NY. I DIDN'T DISCOVER FRESCO. I clearly state that in the beginning of the video. A subscriber of mine did, and HE told me it smells extremely close to Aventus and to check it out for myself. 01:15-01:45. So I bought a bottle, that didn't leak by the way and agreed with his assessment. So being a reviewer, it's my obligation TO REVIEW MY OPINION, and let people know what I think.

2) Do I genuinely want to help people? Hmmm.. Let me see, I've been reviewing fragrances for about a year now, have over 80 (one were I compare ALL THE CREEDS) and haven't MADE ONE PENNY! What the hell else would I be doing it for other than my passion for fragrances and helping people out?

3) You guessed WRONG. Things went like this, I contacted Dr.scent and told them what I do, and that I have a nice following on YouTube and could possibly help generate sales for them being I think the Fresco will do extremely well once people smell it. All I ask is that you CREATE A DISCOUNT CODE FOR MY SUBSCRIBERS THAT I SEND TO YOU. That's it, I don't get a kick back, percentage, or anything. I get to use the same discount code everyone else does. Based on Fresco taking off like wildfire, I WILL CONTACT THEM AGAIN, and try to work out a percentage I can get every time somebody uses my discount code for ANY fragrance on their site, that's the businessman/entrepreneur in me. Who wouldn't? Should I not get reimbursed for my time, effort and exposure I brought to this fragrance? But as of 1/19/13 that's not the case, I get nothing.

Just a FYI, I plan on doing another underrated/under the radar fragrance review. Unfortunately Dr.scent nor Ebay sells it, I've only found it on Amazon.com. So be prepared to conjure up another conspiracy of how I'm secretly the CEO of Amazon.com and did a review on this fragrance to increase revenue for Amazon's fragrance department.. SMH #Illhavemypopcornready

- - - Updated - - -

It was just a joke, lighten up! Also read my reply, a bunch of rumor starters on here.. #getfacts
    ^5!!!

As a followup for those having issues, DrScent stated to return the leaking bottle for an exchange. Hopefully the replacement works out better.

Ordered.

so weird, i purchased a $2 sample using paypal, but the email confirmation says 3.3 oz edt. lol watch me get the full bottle

It has knock-offs, thrills, anger, coupons, YouTube reviews, Creed batch comparisons, conspiracy theories, retractions, apologies and pineapples.
    And this is the best comment! Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by suppressor View Post
    lmao
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by itaos View Post
    As a followup for those having issues, DrScent stated to return the leaking bottle for an exchange. Hopefully the replacement works out better.
    Return a leaky bottle through the mail? You might want to insure it.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Return a leaky bottle through the mail? You might want to insure it.
    Not only that. They better pay return shipping in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Not only that. They better pay return shipping in my opinion!
    They said they would refund the shipping once they get the bottle back. I agree, that is what a reputable company would do.

I ordered one bottle, then saw that another ebayer was selling for 55, so I ordered a second.

Is there a 12-step program for me?

I wonder how many of us were hoping for delivery today before realizing it's Martin Luther King Jr Day. I have a dream, and this clone ain't it

CologneFan85

MANY im sure

lol

I wonder how many of us were hoping for delivery today before realizing it's Martin Luther King Jr Day. I have a dream, and this clone ain't it
    Everyone from the mighty mountains of New York to the molehills of Mississippi thought the were going to get their bottle today.

Tomorrow we will be singing "Fresco at last, Fresco at last!!......"
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Everyone from the mighty mountains of New York to the molehills of Mississippi thought the were going to get their bottle today.

This made me spit up my Diet Coke

Yeah, I'm looking forward to reading the comments tomorrow. Especially since this smells nothing like Aventus!!!......JK....

I was actually wondering why there was no pineapple armageddon today in this topic.

Will the people who ordered a sample receive a 3.3 oz bottle?
    Will the people who ordered a 3.3 oz bottle receive a sample?
    Are delivery vans and warehouses smelling like Aventus because of leakage?

everyone from the mighty mountains of new york to the molehills of mississippi thought the were going to get their bottle today.

Tomorrow we will be singing "fresco at last, fresco at last!!......"
    over!!! The!!! Top!!!
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Coach Rob as actually done this before with his Signature Scent Kiton which apparently he said it smelled similar to Aventus. After, purchasing a sample of Kiton and finding it's nothing like Aventus. This new discovery i'll take it with a grain of salt.

The opening is LIKE Aventus.....the rest is NOT
    Smells like cheap drugstore scents on the dry down.
    Enjoy!!

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by THEREALJWIL View Post
    Enjoy!!
    Let me guess, you own Aventus, right? ;-) Of course what you just described is pretty much what I smelled with Aventus, so I guess you just confirmed Ilum Deam was successful in copying it.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by THEREALJWIL View Post
    Enjoy!!
    Please be wrong about this.

In one of coachrob's most recent vids didn't he mention dr.scent as being "my site"..

I bought a bottle, but the promotion of this whole line just seems fishy, point blank.. And the select few of other youtube reviewers that he tossed samples and bottles to is even more fishy, because they hardly have any cred.

- - - Updated - - -

read reply nvmd

Received my bottle today. After 3 hours now, both are very similar (I have the z01 batch). The main difference being the lemon note in Fresco. The lemon does stand out a little making the pineapple in Aventus smell a little smoother. There is also a little less smokeyness and a bit more oakmoss in the Fresco. Overall I'm pretty pleased. I believe I will layer the 2 to make my bottle of Aventus last longer.

Got my sample and bottle today. Kind of bummed that I didn't get the full bottle instead of the sample like others have been getting. I wonder how that worked? Anyway it does smell very similar to aventus, only more linear. I don't think I'll be splurging for Aventus at this point if you can get this stuff for $30
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Got my sample and bottle today. Kind of bummed that I didn't get the full bottle instead of the sample like others have been getting. I wonder how that worked?
    Payment method, perhaps? Did you use PayPal? Or, maybe it was just a case of human error. Well... I guess it comes down to human error either way. I have the world's latest mail delivery, so I probably won't get mine until the end of the day.

You bought a sample and a bottle?

Payment method, perhaps? Did you use PayPal? Or, maybe it was just a case of human error. Well... I guess it comes down to human error either way. I have the world's latest mail delivery, so I probably won't get mine until the end of the day.

You bought a sample and a bottle?
    Yeah man paid with paypal. Very odd.

Bought a sample and then bought a bottle after, as I wasn't sure if the hype would make the price increase.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Its as similar as any other cheap copy of a name brand fragrance. So...of course it doesnt smell exactly like Aventus but it smells like a pretty good copy of Aventus.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Thank God I don't like Aventus, even though my wife loved the sample. If it was Royal Oud, I'll be jumping on it like it was about to run out.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Mmm.

I feel like Brian Posehn right now lol

DULLAH!!! That's awesome.

Sigh
    [IMG]http://***********************/instances/400x/24803199.jpg[/IMG]

Will likely have to wait till tomorrow, despite the fact that it arrived in Atlanta in 6 AM in the morning.