Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: fresco by ilum deam (an aventus clone?)

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    But is it really that simple though.

Aventus, from what I hear, is much stronger, so you use much less of it, so in the end, the price per usage is not that different.

also, i heard the same thing about al rehab silver and rochas man. yuck.
    Think you'd have to practically bath in Fresco. Another thing is that Creed's go quicker because of the huge amount of juice you get out of the sprayer. Basically 1 spray of Creed is equal to about 3 sprays of a normal fragrance. Even if you can use Fresco as an alternative to maybe prolong your bottle of Aventus it's well worth paying less than $30 to do so.
    Last edited by silentrich; 24th January 2013 at 02:52 AM.

Today was my second and final day of wearing Fresco. I met up with friends for happy hour and got their feedback (3 women. 1 in her late 20s, 2 are in their early 30s). Of the three, one was neutral ("It's ok I guess. I don't know.") The other two vetoed it. I think the first woman was too shy to give an honest opinion. It's ok I guess = no thanks, if you ask me, but who knows. Well, I suppose she knows, but like I said, she seemed too shy to say.

I don't think Fresco is 'bad' but I don't care for the bubblegum in the sweetness of it. To my nose, it's no substitute for the real thing, even if it is only 1/10 the price. If you want to smell good, for the money, I think there are better options.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I kind of do think it smells bad, but I'm trying to be nice since the hype seems to really matter to some folks
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

The Fresco is fading quick. It's still certainly there, but it's sitting a lot closer to the skin that Aventus does at the 3.5 hour mark (or the 8 hour mark, for that matter).

I'm viewing Fresco as a much safer Aventus. If I really enjoyed wearing Aventus but needed to tone it down for one reason or another, I think having Fresco in the collection would make an excellent substitute on the odd occasion.

This is the kind of fragrance I would like to bring around with me in a 10mL travel atomiser - apply before work, then reapply in the mid-afternoon and it would transition well into an evening scent.

I cant believe the mentality here. Why is everyone expecting this to be an exact replica of Aventus?? Why?? Fresco is just Fresco, another scent, another cologne. If it smells similar to Aventus with its own twist then it is what it is and good for them. Smells like bubblegum , smells like Alcohol, smells like bazooka Why the hate? Because it did not meet your clone expectations so now you have to throw dirt at it?? It's simple buy Aventus then.
    Last edited by Whitealltrac; 24th January 2013 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    Well, picked up a bottle from ebay as well reading through the thread and just got it about an hour ago. One spray of Aventus on one wrist and Fresco on the other. The initial spray had me questioning if I had ordered the wrong bottle as it smelled nothing like Aventus and was more lemon than pineapple. The drydown as others have mentioned is somewhat similar to Aventus.

There is a definite similarity, but the difference is still pretty obvious to me. The lack of birch tar and the replacement of natural elements with synthetic ones makes it quite obvious which is which to my nose.

However, this is by no means a terrible scent and for $30-35 for a 100ml, its not a bad buy at all. Its definitely Aventus-lite, but it can be useful in the sense that I would feel comfortable using this as a casual / workplace scent where with Creed Aventus I sometimes feel silly using such an expensive fragrance on non-special occasions.
    Just received my full bottle today and I think that RunSun's review sums it all up perfectly. This is not a replacement for Aventus, but its certainly not a bad $30 scent.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Sound Scents

But is it really that simple though.

Aventus, from what I hear, is much stronger, so you use much less of it, so in the end, the price per usage is not that different
    In a word, "yes".

Also, as silentrich mentions above, the price differential is so relatively wide between the two scents that the potency differential in favor of Aventus does not even come close to making up the monetary savings by purchasing of Fresco if one feels the scents are relatively similar (and of course you are willing to accept that there are indeed *some* differences between the two, however minor). Spray quantity and the overly generous Creed sprayers previously mentioned aside, there is no doubt in my mind Aventus is the considerably more potent scent (as the sprayer I used for my side-by-side test was from an Aventus decant sprayer and not the Creed bottle), but Aventus smells worse on the whole to me for reasons I have mentioned in the thread earlier (except its superior opening) and costs a whole lot more... Easy decision (if one likes the style and smell of either, which I personally don't).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Today was my second and final day of wearing Fresco. I met up with friends for happy hour and got their feedback (3 women. 1 in her late 20s, 2 are in their early 30s). Of the three, one was neutral ("It's ok I guess. I don't know.") The other two vetoed it. I think the first woman was too shy to give an honest opinion. It's ok I guess = no thanks, if you ask me, but who knows. Well, I suppose she knows, but like I said, she seemed too shy to say.

I don't think Fresco is 'bad' but I don't care for the bubblegum in the sweetness of it. To my nose, it's no substitute for the real thing, even if it is only 1/10 the price. If you want to smell good, for the money, I think there are better options.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I kind of do think it smells bad, but I'm trying to be nice since the hype seems to really matter to some folks
    At least the other two didn't say it smelled like cat pee like two girls at my work did last night.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Plus

Hm.. just got around to smell the sample i got in today. it does remind me of aventus. especially the dry down. it's definitely much poorer quality in my opinion, but not a bad scent by itself. it also reminds me a bit of vince camuto (which is essentially my work-safe aventus, as its just pepper with no fruit on me.). To me its like a lighter, more synthetic, fruitier, thinner/flatter version of aventus. it can work well as a summer scent.

To use an analogy, Aventus is like the original song on vinyl with the classic singer, deep soulful sexy and bold, fresca is the new age cover song on mp3, same tune but without the soul but more with more teen/radio trendy pop. While still good, its nowhere near the same as the original. (if you can't tell im a huge aventus fan. lol)

As a $30 its not bad, but i dunno if i would buy it. It lacks the richness and smoky sexyness that's in aventus that I love (and so far girls seem to love as well). If you compare it to aventus its a cheap knockoff, although a well done one. If its by itself its a pretty decent scent, but i'd actually prefer some designers over this, even if had to pay more...

but yeah. i'd say, if you got 30 bucks to burn on sumthin new and smells pretty good, go for it. its a pretty good deal. but if youre looking to add / complete your collection, i'd say skip this one, save the money for something much nicer. If you want aventus, get aventus. this is far from a replacement in my opinion.

However, as some people have stated, if you don't like aventus, especially for its smoky, thicker, and more potent qualities, and want something lighter, this might be good for you. Though, if you want lighter and more pepper without the sweets, try vince camuto for men.

Just my 2cents
    “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” - Bruce lee

Quote Originally Posted by Whitealltrac View Post
    I cant believe the mentality here. Why is everyone expecting this to be an exact replica of Aventus?? Why?? Fresco is just Fresco, another scent, another cologne. If it smells similar to Aventus with its own twist then it is what it is and good for them. Smells like bubblegum , smells like Alcohol, smells like bazooka Why the hate? Because it did not meet your clone expectations so now you have to throw dirt at it?? It's simple buy Aventus then.
    I think people are expecting it to be near Aventus because that it what the company aimed for. If you aspire to be a near-exact clone of Aventus, people are going to judge you on how well you achieve it. Bear in mind that this isn't an established house that is trying to follow a trend in scent established by Aventus, but is instead a company that has made one fragrance whose sole intent is to a replica. When a company's one and only foray into scents is an attempt to copy another one, people will naturally judge it based on the benchmark they are reaching for. If they had made their own unique scent for their launch, or were a house with several scents in their lineup, I think people would judge them much less stringently.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    I think this thread is going to turn into an "I prefer/have Aventus, so I'll talk this down or try hard to point out infidelities" and "I don't want to pay $300 for Aventus, this sh^t is awesome!"

Just an observation. I'll probably just look around for a 1oz decant of the Aventus pineapple batch.
    You pretty much summed it up. Half say it smells like Aventus, the other have says it doesn't, or nitpicking small differences as if we couldn't do that with different batch variations of Aventus itself.

I'd like to see a poll of who feel it does and who feels it doesn't because I know for a fact the average nose will not be able to tell the difference. Of course there's subtle differences, I even state that in the video. Depending on what batch you have, it smells very similar to Aventus. That's the only claim I made, and in my video I even stated I STILL MAY BUY AVENTUS, but people only hear/see what they want to. I guess that's better for their conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Classé View Post
    Coach Rob as actually done this before with his Signature Scent Kiton which apparently he said it smelled similar to Aventus. After, purchasing a sample of Kiton and finding it's nothing like Aventus. This new discovery i'll take it with a grain of salt.
    No what I said was Kiton Men opening is similar to GIT, or Chez bonds. I said Kiton also had a suede vibe that's similar to what I get from Aventus. I also said Al Rehab Silver smells like Creed SMW. Would you like to dispute that also?

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I think people are expecting it to be near Aventus because that it what the company aimed for. If you aspire to be a near-exact clone of Aventus, people are going to judge you on how well you achieve it. Bear in mind that this isn't an established house that is trying to follow a trend in scent established by Aventus, but is instead a company that has made one fragrance whose sole intent is to a replica. When a company's one and only foray into scents is an attempt to copy another one, people will naturally judge it based on the benchmark they are reaching for. If they had made their own unique scent for their launch, or were a house with several scents in their lineup, I think people would judge them much less stringently.
    How do you know what the company aimed for? None of us do, this company is a mystery at this point. All we actually know is that they made 1 fragrance called Fresco. The only information I found about them was some cookie cutter spill about making affordable quality fragrances. So for all we know they just made a fragrance they thought smelled good. Some say's it smells nothing like Aventus, some say it's Aventus-lite which I would agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I think people are expecting it to be near Aventus because that it what the company aimed for. If they had made their own unique scent for their launch, or were a house with several scents in their lineup, I think people would judge them much less stringently.
    Wow, just wow! I guess you work for Ilum Deam??? No one knows if this was an attempt to clone anything.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ScentsforRob View Post
    How do you know what the company aimed for? None of us do, this company is a mystery at this point. All we actually know is that they made 1 fragrance called Fresco. The only information I found about them was some cookie cutter spill about making affordable quality fragrances. So for all we know they just made a fragrance they thought smelled good. Some say's it smells nothing like Aventus, some say it's Aventus-lite which I would agree with.
    Are you kidding me? Have you read the notes for both fragrances? They're both nearly identical. It was not a mistake, that's exactly what they were trying to do.

Fresco has arrived safe and sound in the good old UK (no leaks)...OK, I can certainly see the similarities with Aventus. It's an imitation fragrance for sure. It's NOT however a replacement for the real thing. It's heavy on synthetic pineapple but there is also that smoky quality which makes it the closest thing to Aventus you will find bar none. Somebody said it had a dry bubblegum note which I completely agree with. You don't notice it at first but it's definitely there. The likeness to Aventus is closest around an hour into the dry down. It's hard to pick them apart at times. Overall it's not bad at all. As a stand alone I think it's worth £25 for 100ml but its still lightyears behind Aventus and I don't see it as a direct replacement......and in my opinion, nor should anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    I'm not worried about anything. I'm simply explaining why others would be dubious of someone reviewing something he has a stake in. But you knew that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's relevant how?

I mentioned that already. I also mentioned that his plan is to get compensated.
    My plan is to get compensated for any business I refer to the Dr.scent site. I can careless what people purchase, I have no stock in any fragrances. It's no different then the leads I pay for for my own business. Any one that owns their own business like me, or works in sales understands the value in leads and referrals. No new concept here.. #business101. I had to do it lol #hashtag : )

since its similar to aventus, anyone get any compliments on this yet?

Not even one, uno, zero, nada compliments on Aventus yet and this from a party animal...me!
    I hope I do get one with Fresco....that will make my day!

Looks like the first bottle has made it's way to the marketplace..

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/300...Fresco-US-INTL

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's been 4 hours now and it still smells just like Aventus. It's linear, but what everyone loves about Aventus is in the opening and that is what you get all the way through this fragrance.
    Almost everyone. I like the opening but the mid-end is what
    keeps it real for me. Been wearing it a lot lately...
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

Update: wore it today, kinda hate it actually, haha. The scent itself is not bad like i mentioned previously, but it just doenst play well with my skin chemistry. it lasts actually quite long (5 hrs or so and still present), but its like super synthetic smelling on me.

I get like a flattened warp-plasticy pineapple scent...like if you took an empty stale pineapple juice plastic bottle and melted it bit in a smoker..smelling from far its got a very similar scent trail to aventus, but upon close sniff its kinda nasty, at least on my skin. I would hate for a girl to like the smell from far away, and then get close to me and then back away because of the cheap and repulsive scent ..=T Maybe it works better on other people?

After testing i'd definitely recommend getting a sample first since its only 2bucks shipped. If it works great for your skin and you dig the scent its a great budget buy. However Aventus it is not. Those wanting a cheap aventus alternative beware.

Banned
    Blog Entries

im gonna put up a review soon

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    since its similar to aventus, anyone get any compliments on this yet?
    Yeah actually. I was told by two female coworkers that it smelled like cat pee.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

This thread is getting old. #lastvisit

Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Just received my full bottle today and I think that RunSun's review sums it all up perfectly. This is not a replacement for Aventus, but its certainly not a bad $30 scent.
    Update: Sorry I forgot to mention for those that are interested, my bottle arrived in Australia all the way from the USA in perfect order; no leaks or other problems.

Also, it lasted a good 6 to 7 hours before it completely dissapeared and I don't get any kind of bubblegum vibe from this. The weird thing I did notice over the life of this, was that it actually began to resemble Aventus more as time passed.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

First it was Jaguar Vision...now this mess.
    If you want Aventus, buy Aventus.
    This thread has been amusing, but
    It's run its course...
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

smells similar to aventus but lacks its projection

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Yeah actually. I was told by two female coworkers that it smelled like cat pee.
    Well that's not good. Go ask the fat chicks what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Well that's not good. Go ask the fat chicks what they think.
    the scent is turning sour during the dry down. i understand the cat pee comment.

Will give it a pass. I can only wear one scent a day and honestly don't need this in my collection.

The truth is, Aventus contains Royal Pineapple. Fresco has normal, average pineapple.

Honestly, I don't understand the sudden negativity in this topic.
    Nobody is required to entertain you.
    If you don't like this topic and you don't want to visit it anymore, you don't need to post about it.
    This topic is the perfect place for Fresco reviews and opinions. Let's keep it that way.

The fragrance seems to be polarizing. Mixed reviews.
    I think people were expecting too much.
    Whether you love or hate Aventus, whether you love or hate Creed altogether, we can conclude that Aventus is a masterpiece.
    The hype does not calm down with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelight View Post
    the scent is turning sour during the dry down. i understand the cat pee comment.
    Are you sure you just don't need to clean the cat's litter box? Do you guys all work together?

I received my 3 samples the other day, but have been reluctant to wear it since the cat pee comments lol. Don't need that when I'm in public. I will certainly need to give it a full wearing or two this weekend. Very curious about this one now.

^^^^
    Believe nothing of what they say and only half of what you see.....try it, you be the judge, just dont become the Parrot that only repeats what other say as others here been doing. First it was bubblegum now its cats piss....this thread has become EPIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Well played Coach Rob!

I get no Aventus in this at all. In fact, all I get is synthetic lemon.

Anyone want a bottle for $20 shipped?
    Hmm It's no coincidence the person selling Aventus decants doesn't get any similarities at all.. Yet half the people in this thread does..

Basenotes Plus

well, i wore fresco during the day to my meeting at a coffee shop, to a couple books stores and walked around to get some errands done. Talked to a fair amount of girls, zero compliments. came back, scrubbed it off/showered, put on aventus, went to another meeting, compliment in the elevator. Just sayin.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Whether you love or hate Aventus, whether you love or hate Creed altogether, we can conclude that Aventus is a masterpiece.
    Can "we"? Is that the royal Creed "We" you are referring to?
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Honestly, I don't understand the sudden negativity in this topic.
    Nobody is required to entertain you.

I think people were expecting too much.
    Whether you love or hate Aventus, whether you love or hate
    Creed altogether, we can conclude that Aventus is a masterpiece.
    The hype does not calm down with this one.[/QUOTE]

Internet forums are for education, opinions and entertainment. Thanks for making the consensus conclusion.

Banned
    Blog Entries

why all the sudden negativity, bigtruck260?

because everybody got their samples and bottles in the mail yesterday lol

why all the sudden negativity, bigtruck260?

because everybody got their samples and bottles in the mail yesterday lol
    not negative - just an Aventus apologist. Nice thread dude...

Quote Originally Posted by ScentsforRob View Post
    Hmm It's no coincidence the person selling Aventus decants doesn't get any similarities at all.. Yet half the people in this thread does..
    Everything's a conspiracy with you isn't it.

I got my sample today. Hmm, I'm quite impressed. Cat piss, no. It's actually a lot closer to Aventus than I was expecting. It even has some of the smokey leatheriness that you get from Aventus. I do get a slight bubblegum note in the opening, it smells like Bubbletape, but it doesn't last very long. I also get lemon in the opening, but that's gone in mere minutes. It definitely lacks the strength/projection of Aventus, but for people who can't afford Creed, this ones for you. Hell, I may even grab a bottle to supplement my Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post
    well, i wore fresco during the day to my meeting at a coffee shop, to a couple books stores and walked around to get some errands done. Talked to a fair amount of girls, zero compliments. came back, scrubbed it off/showered, put on aventus, went to another meeting, compliment in the elevator. Just sayin.
    This really doesn't mean anything. The same person could have complemented your Fresco #ImJustSaying

Basenotes Plus

lol, you're right it is possible =) I actually did manage to do a more thorough blind test today tho. It was really interesting to see her opinions since she's not into fragrances at all and kinda represented what your average consumer might think (everyone is a bit different i know)

So I was out with a friend for lunch and i brought some samples with me to have her smell them to see what she thought of each. Without telling her what was what. I had her smell fresco first, then aventus, and then my blend of bleu de chanel + chanel no5 eau premiere as a side test.

She smelled fresco and thought it was light and fresh, although too fresh and too feminine she said. Then she smelled the aventus and said "ooo this is not bad, I really like it, but it might be still on the fresh / feminine side. Like I could wear this if I wanted to". (she kept sniffing at it before she went on to the next one). Lastly she smelled the chanel blend and was like "ok now this like. very nice and very manly. I like this one the most. The last one was really good too, but i would like this on my man more." (her use of fresh/feminine/manly is questionable in my opinion... but everyone is different i guess)

So then i had her smell everything again for second thoughts, and thought aventus and fresco were a little similar (i didn't disclose or hint at anything at this point, all 3 are in clear label-less atomizers). she found fresco to be light and kinda cheap smelling, although not bad, but too "fresh" and "feminine". She thought aventus smelled really good, but a bit too unisex for her taste, she said she prefers more "woody" and "manly scents on her man. Then she said she really liked the chanel mix and prefers it to the aventus because its more manly, although both are really good. and in her words "this one (fresco) is decent but nowhere close to the other two"

So yeah, her opinions resonated with my own as far as aventus / fresco is concerned. similar ball park / tune, but nowhere close to each other in terms of quality / richness. fresco is still decent by itself, but nothing amazing and definitely not an aventus replacement. Perhaps some people smell things differently and may react to the fragrance differently with their skin chemistry, but there's no cat pee scent when we smelled it. so by itself its not atrocious or anything, its pretty decent actually. (although on my skin it turns kinda plasticy, but thats because of my skin and not the scent.)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Can "we"? Is that the royal Creed "We" you are referring to?
    I believe one was making a reference to the " *royal pineapple " alluded to in aforementioned companies masturbatory PR.

*Each pineapple's family tree is thoroughly investigated before it is cleared for appearance in Creed Aventus.

Basenotes Plus

hm. ok. had to give this additional update. saw/smelled something that kinda changed my mind / made me need to clarify.

I'm sure this is been talked to death but i didn't really know how huge a different the batch numbers really are until today. I was at scent bar in LA checking on a bunch of stuff and i smelled their bottle of aventus, and I would say the sample of fresco is like a 95% match of that batch, just a bit lighter. The bottle there was NOWHERE near close to my bottle. comparing back to back i would have thought they're different fragrances, maybe even from different houses.

Now I get why there's such a polarity regarding the hype of aventus. The batch i smelled was all pineapple, with a very slight hint of smoke and even less hint of vanilla, almost like the note wasn't there. To me (and this is my personal opinion), this batch smelled very mediocre. It's like designer-ish pineapple water. I would have been enraged if I had paid $350 for this batch. Luckily i lucked out with my smoky E01 batch. My theory is, This is probably why some people thought aventus was just ok / dont get any compliments with it, etc...

So, if you like lighter, watery, designer-kinda scents and/or you like that batch of aventus, fresco is a perfect replacement at a fraction of the price. I would say though if you want the "real" aventus, in my opinion, you'd have to find the batch that's right for you. (which is kinda ridiculous that we'd have to do that...but whatever).

Thumbs up fresco by ilum dean yea or nay

So the youtube hype train pulled out of the station a few weeks ago with fresco by ilum dean. could it be that it's similar to aventus? Well i contacted the folks at ilum dean and ordered a bottle and 2 samples, in less than a week it arrived from ny to wv ups. pretty fast shipping. So i opened the box and put sprayed some on.i had no problems or leaking from my sprayer and to be honest it smells just like my aventus, so after wearing it a few days imo it is very similar, the only thing it is lacking is in the projection dept,but that could be because we are in single digit temp's here in wv. I decanted my bottle out and mailed some to some friends that also own aventus. I can only speak for myself but this is a great sub for aventus for those who can't afford the price tag for it. The longevity on this one is pretty good on me i got well over 8 plus hours. For the price and performance you can't go wrong with this one, it is a very safe blind buy and i feel like it's better than most of the dept store frags that are out there now. I feel like there customer service from top to bottom has been excellent, they reply back rather quickly to any comments or question's on there feedback form usually within a few hours. I want to say thanks to coachrob and the other's who gave their first impressions on the fragrance, i have been victim to the hype more than i care to recall but i'm glad i jumped on board with this one. thanks

Default Re: fresco by ilum dean yea or nay

As someone that owns Aventus I'll let you know when my bottle of Fresco arrives, hopefully this week. I'm definitely not a Creed Fanboi. Yes I own a few Creed's because I like them, not because I love the brand which I guess is a key difference between me and many others(no offense intended)..I buy and keep frags that I like, I don't buy frags based on the comments of others so I feel that maybe I can give a honest opinion on how I feel about Fresco.....Currently I'm silently excited about Fresco but lets see if that lasts once I have my hands on it...

I thought it smelled a lot like Aventus upon application. However, it does not last or project like Aventus. Overall, not a bad substitute. Maybe have to make a little decant for longer days.
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

Fresco is definitely a good substitute for Aventus for those on a budget. I wore it to the gym today, and two women complimented me on it. That's not bad IMO.

Do we REALLY need another thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by zonemanager3 View Post
    So the youtube hype train pulled out of the station a few weeks ago with fresco by ilum dean. could it be that it's similar to aventus? Well i contacted the folks at ilum dean and ordered a bottle and 2 samples, in less than a week it arrived from ny to wv ups. pretty fast shipping. So i opened the box and put sprayed some on.i had no problems or leaking from my sprayer and to be honest it smells just like my aventus, so after wearing it a few days imo it is very similar, the only thing it is lacking is in the projection dept,but that could be because we are in single digit temp's here in wv. I decanted my bottle out and mailed some to some friends that also own aventus. I can only speak for myself but this is a great sub for aventus for those who can't afford the price tag for it. The longevity on this one is pretty good on me i got well over 8 plus hours. For the price and performance you can't go wrong with this one, it is a very safe blind buy and i feel like it's better than most of the dept store frags that are out there now. I feel like there customer service from top to bottom has been excellent, they reply back rather quickly to any comments or question's on there feedback form usually within a few hours. I want to say thanks to coachrob and the other's who gave their first impressions on the fragrance, i have been victim to the hype more than i care to recall but i'm glad i jumped on board with this one. thanks

Christ, this is getting ridiculous.

It's like they took an online testimonial for Extenze and substituted the word "Fresco" where necessary.

Somehow, this guy with 3 total posts is so bowled over by "Fresco" (what's been determined to be a pretty crappy fragrance) that he creates an account just to express his passion for it.

Okay.

Oh yeah...nay.
    Last edited by Buysblind; 28th January 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Nay.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Nay.
    agreed

Can we get a ban please? Obvious troll is obvious....
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Basenotes Junkie

Lol.

I have no idea how fresco smells so i shall refrain from comment on that one, but these are beginning to read like advertisments/promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Christ, this is getting ridiculous.
    It's like they took an online testimonial for Extenze and substituted the word "Fresco" where necessary.
    Somehow, this guy with 3 total posts is so bowled over by "Fresco" (what's been determined to be a pretty crappy fragrance) that he creates an account just to express his passion for it.
    Okay.
    Oh yeah...nay.
    So he's not just some simple boy from the hills of West Virginia who just has to express his love for Fresco?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Can we get a ban please? Obvious troll is obvious....
    You bet! Right after I ban all the sock puppets who've congregated here.

Aventus is an all time favorite of mine. I don't know if i'd want or need to go looking for something that was similar as i'd be disappointed unless it was exactly the same.

However, i was at Zara a while back and they had 2 frags at the register. One silver bottle, one gold. The gold bottle resembled Aventus slightly. It was basically what the OP's description of this Fresco stuff sounds like. Pinapple without the smokiness.

$19.99 for the big bottle!

I returned a leaky bottle which was received by them on Janary 24th. I have had to remind them twice to send out the new bottle and refund the return shipping, but it is apparently on its way. I was informed that the liquid on the outside of the bottle was not due to a leak rather "it is spraying at bigger velocity, too much pressure". Make of this what you will, but my Aventus has a high velocity sprayer and does not leak all over my hand and the bottle.