Code of Conduct

Default Amouage bottles don't have 100ml marked on them/ Airport Issues ?

I received my first bottle of Jubilation 25 today but noticed that it doesn't have 3.4 100ml marked anywhere on the bottle or packaging.

At $300 this is obviously going with me in my carry on bag. Maybe I should print out a copy of an ad describing the bottles size offered ? Not that it would help much.

What to do if asked by TSA to identify the liquid amount ?

Thanks

Default Re: Amouage bottles don't have 100ml marked on them/ Airport Issues ?

check it in instead? you should be fine.

Basenotes Member

My dad was asked to leave his 200ml bottle of Drakkar at the airport. He argued with them and was allowed to bring it through lol.

I don't know if you want to risk having to leave a $300 bottle. Couldn't you safely pack it in your luggage?

Pack in luggae. I think your chances are better. I've placed many frags in my luggage and never had problems. I wouldn't want to have to leave a $300 bottle of juice with TSA.

I'll check whether my Jub XXV has the amount anywhere. More in general, isn't it heavy to bring a hefty bottle for travel? I always prefer small decants.

cacio

200ml is above the limit.

Yes I could check it in but I am traveling overseas (colombia) where baggage sometimes gets lost or items end up missing. My bottle is the legal limit of 100ml but it just doesn't say it on the bottle. It does say "oman" on it though as the country of origin

My LuckyScent receipt says 100ml.

The bottle is unique and doesn't look like your standard Dept store bottle.

I guess I can call the airlines and ask them. I've only had my bottles looked at more closely when I was bringing 3 100ml in a quart size bag. Those were Chanel and marked clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

I am staying for 1 month.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for all your replies. I have decided to pack the bottle in my checked luggage BUT I will have a 2.7oz of Mitsouko in my carry on luggage...just in case.

I wouldn't count on being able to talk your way into getting it on board if it's not clearly marked. I don't think an ad would help. It doesn't have the volume marked on the bottom of the bottle? My Jubilation XXV had a sticker on the bottom of the box, if I recall correctly.

If not, I would either check it in a bag or decant some into a small atomizer. If you try to carry it on you may have to choose between losing your bottle or missing your flight.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basenotes Plus

In my experience, they rarely check the volumes of containers in the zip bag. I once noticed the girl operating the scanner asking a colleague of hers about a 100ml frag bottle I had in mine (it was a few years ago, so I forget which one it was). The other girl simply shrugged as what I interpreted to mean "yeah, that's 100ml or less." I personally would rather put it in my checked bag if I'm uncertain they will readily agree that it is in fact within the limits. At least carry the receipt that states "100ml" with you.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    check it in instead? you should be fine.
    Best advice IMO.

Checked my EPIC and no mention of size on bottle or on box for that matter.

I've had them check my stuff before. I had a 100ml Amouage sealed in a duty free bag, and they would not let it through until I noticed and showed them the sticker on the box bottom through the sealed bag that said it was 100ml. I think the box was cello wrapped with the sticker on the cello.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pack it in your check baggage. When I was overseas this past summer I brought back 5 bottles of Amouage and everything went ok. Dont take the risk in your carry on

Just check it in.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Whenever I am bringing bottles back from my travels I secure in bubble wrap and put in between clothing in my checked bags. Not once had a problem.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Pack it in your check baggage. When I was overseas this past summer I brought back 5 bottles of Amouage and everything went ok. Dont take the risk in your carry on
    5 bottles of Amouage? Were they half price?

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    Whenever I am bringing bottles back from my travels I secure in bubble wrap and put in between clothing in my checked bags. Not once had a problem.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    5 bottles of Amouage? Were they half price?
    Well they were better priced then in North America lol :P