Code of Conduct

Default Coconut that does not overlap with fig

Hello,

Coconut and fig notes often overlap. I don't enjoy the fig note at all and where coconut smells fig-y to me, I don't like it. For example, Virgin Island Water gives me that smell and unfortunately I don't enjoy it for that reason. In the same manner, a good qualify fig note (giving off a coconut vibe) that is sadly not enjoyable to me is Philosykos.

There's a dry cold and piercing quality that my nose perceives from the fig note that I'd like to avoid. I'd like to find a fresh, fruity and warm coconut note.

I'm looking for a tropical smelling fragrance that is not overloaded with rum, suntan lotion, or big gardenia/floral accords. I would love lime/citrus, vanilla, even salt notes with it of course but I'm not looking for simple coconut/vanilla combinations either. VIW would have been great except for the fig note I seem to be getting from.

A good example that I do enjoy is Diesel Plus Plus Feminine but that has no citrus or other notes.

Another example I'm reading about is Set Sail St. Barts which is supposed to be tropical but has no coconut.

Can you help please?

Thank you

Default Re: Coconut that does not overlap with fig

Coco Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique - No fig at all.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'd recommend Tumultu by Liquides Imaginaires. It's grapefruit, coconut milk, sandalwood, and a bit fruity with no fig at all. It's lovely and such a fresh coconut, definitely warmer and seems to be hitting all the things you are looking for. I love it.

Thank you. I'll look into that.