Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default USPS and mailing fragrances

Just got back from the post office. I tried to send some cologne bottles via priority mail to someone who purchased them in my sales thread. The clerk asked if I was sending batteries or perfume. I've never been asked that before. When I said perfume, she said that as of January 1, 2013, perfumes cannot be sent by anything other than USPS ground, and refused to take the package.

Very annoying.

I'm not advising anyone to lie, but wanted to warn fragrances shippers that you'll be asked the question, and if you say it's cologne, they won't accept a priority or express package.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Default Re: USPS and mailing fragrances

There's a lot of documentation on their website against shipping perfume but it was there before January 1st 2013.

It kind of bothers me...because the way I would package something there would be no scenario where this would be a danger unless it's handled improperly.

I too have noticed them asking this, but I use a self help kiosk most of the time and it doesn't ask.

The one time they did ask I felt pretty confident in saying "no" since they asked if it contained any "perfume"...technicalities...

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Because of its alcohol content, perfume is considered a hazardous material for shipping purposes. That’s why USPS has modified the Retail Customer Experience HAZMAT question to help employees understand whether a customer’s package contains perfume.

Retail associates must not accept packages containing perfume to be mailed internationally or to an APO/FPO or DPO location, regardless of its quantity or mail class.

When sent domestically, perfume also cannot be mailed using Express Mail, Priority Mail or First-Class Mail. But a package may be sent if it meets the following conditions:

· The package is sent using Parcel Post (to be renamed Standard Post effective Jan. 27, 2013).

· The perfume container doesn’t exceed 16 fluid ounces.

· The customer confirms the perfume is sufficiently cushioned to prevent damage.

· The container is strong enough to prevent damage during normal handling.

· The package is marked “Surface Only” or “Surface Mail Only.”

Customers can ship only one bottle of perfume in a single mailpiece. Gift sets containing more than one bottle of perfume, regardless of ounces per bottle, are non-mailable. The perfume bottles must be separated and mailed as individual mailpieces.

For more information, please refer to the DMM, Pub.52 or a BMEU manager
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

[QUOTE=barclaydetolly;2815358]Just got back from the post office. I tried to send some cologne bottles via priority mail to someone who purchased them in my sales thread. The clerk asked if I was sending batteries or perfume. I've never been asked that before. When I said perfume, she said that as of January 1, 2013, perfumes cannot be sent by anything other than USPS ground, and refused to take the package.

And people wonder why the USPS is awash in red ink.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    There's a lot of documentation on their website against shipping perfume but it was there before January 1st 2013.
    I just noticed that, but I've never had a problem before (I am not a huge seller, but have shipped perhaps ten bottles in the past two years). I've always been asked if I was shipping anything "liquid," and they haven't batted any eye when I said I was shipping cologne.

The clerk was adamant the priority mail restriction started on January 1st. She said she found out about it when she came back from her holiday, and acted frustrated because she said "they're always changing things."

And again, she said if I shipped via USPS ground in the future, there would be no problem.
    Current Top Five:

Similar regulations just went into effect in Europe. Perfumes can no longer be sent via airmail. If you think ground shipping is bad imagine the implications for overseas shipments.

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    · The package is sent using Parcel Post (to be renamed Standard Post effective Jan. 27, 2013).
    On a totally geeky off-topic note, the very first US "Parcel Post" stamps were issued in Jan 1913.

I guess 100 years is pretty good.

Going forward, lie & deny, that's your motto. Opening ones mail is a federal offense, the postal worker would need to obtain a search warrant to do so.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 17th January 2013 at 03:49 AM.

Basenotes Plus

This regulation has been in effect for a little while. They have since issued a new regulation that requires the counter people to question the package.

All I tell my Post Office whenever I ship fragrances via priority mail is that it's fragile, nothing else. They'd never know what's inside your package unless you tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    All I tell my Post Office whenever I ship fragrances via priority mail is that it's fragile, nothing else. They'd never know what's inside your package unless you tell them.
    That was my policy as well, but now apparently (as of the new year) they specifically ask you if it's perfume. So, the choice is either lie to them or ship by the slowest means possible.
    Current Top Five:

Just lie like the hundreds of fragrance companies do that ship bottles everyday.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Just lie like the hundreds of fragrance companies do that ship bottles everyday.
    Yep!

I ran into the same issue, so I took my fragrances to a UPS store, intending to ship via UPS. The store employees assured me that I could ship USPS priority --- and the even packed the perfume in boxes for shipment.

I've never had them ask me if it was specifically perfume I was mailing. If you answer yes to it containing glass, they'll ask you if it's wrapped up properly and then put the fragile stamp on it. They have been required to ask the flammable question for quite a while now. Some on this website swear that they tell them it's fragrance and they get away with it, but I find that hard to believe.
    Last edited by silentrich; 17th January 2013 at 04:01 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Up until the new year, they never asked if I was mailing perfume. Since the first of the year they do. They only have asked me on International packages, not domestic.

So far I haven't been asked anything different this year.
    Still the same "anything liquid, fragile or potentially hazardous?"
    Same answer- "No."
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Same answer- "No."
    According to a few sources, the policy may have been in place for a while, but the employees have been re-trained to specifically ask about certain types of batteries and about perfume. They're supposed to do so, but I suppose, like anything else, it depends on how well they are trained, whether they are tired or busy, etc.

All I can say is that at the postal office I use, before Jan 1, the question was always "liquid, fragile, or potentially hazardous." Now it's that question, followed up by "are you shipping batteries or perfume."

No matter; I'm just going to pack for ground shipping from now on. Kind of annoying all the same.
    Current Top Five:

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    According to a few sources, the policy may have been in place for a while, but the employees have been re-trained to specifically ask about certain types of batteries and about perfume. They're supposed to do so, but I suppose, like anything else, it depends on how well they are trained, whether they are tired or busy, etc.

All I can say is that at the postal office I use, before Jan 1, the question was always "liquid, fragile, or potentially hazardous." Now it's that question, followed up by "are you shipping batteries or perfume."

No matter; I'm just going to pack for ground shipping from now on. Kind of annoying all the same.
    With ground shipping bottles are subject be jostled and vibrate more in transit than they would with priority mail shipping. Hence, there is a greater possibility of the contents leaking. I noticed one international shipper labelled EdT and EdP as "body lotion." As long as the bottle isn't particularly noisy, I'm good to go. Martin

I ran into this at a small mail substation, but it was several months ago. He didn't ask if it was liquid or perfume, he actually asked me what was in the box. After I told him the truth, he told me he couldn't take it. So I just went to a regular post office and mailed it (where they didn't ask what was in the box).

I just had two bottles delivered to me yesterday by USPS, from two separate companies. How is it that the companies who do it for a living can mail out hundreds of thousands of bottles, but we can't? Makes no sense to me.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I just noticed that, but I've never had a problem before (I am not a huge seller, but have shipped perhaps ten bottles in the past two years). I've always been asked if I was shipping anything "liquid," and they haven't batted any eye when I said I was shipping cologne.

The clerk was adamant the priority mail restriction started on January 1st. She said she found out about it when she came back from her holiday, and acted frustrated because she said "they're always changing things."

And again, she said if I shipped via USPS ground in the future, there would be no problem.
    Oh, that restriction has definitely been in place for years. I do agree it is *very* annoying though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I ran into this at a small mail substation, but it was several months ago. He didn't ask if it was liquid or perfume, he actually asked me what was in the box. After I told him the truth, he told me he couldn't take it. So I just went to a regular post office and mailed it (where they didn't ask what was in the box).

I just had two bottles delivered to me yesterday by USPS, from two separate companies. How is it that the companies who do it for a living can mail out hundreds of thousands of bottles, but we can't? Makes no sense to me.
    Well technically they can't either. My guess is either the packages were sent surface mail (Parcel Post or Parcel Select) or they just ignored the regulations and slipped it under the USPS's radar.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Helpful Information...

Same answer- "No."
    Same here. This Nanny State is so out of control, I don't mind fibbing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumePorMoi View Post
    Same here. This Nanny State is so out of control, I don't mind fibbing.
    I totally sympathize with you on that.

I, personally, went through the same decision, and decided that the damn nanny state may make a "criminal" out of me, but not a liar. Being truthful or a liar is important to me. Being free or imprisoned, I don't care. If a corrupt system imprisons you, they're still corrupt.

I just read the regulations, as described by SouthernGardens above, and package things appropriately. As long as you know the rules well enough to backtalk to the clerk, you're OK.

I just checked my last receipt. They're shipping my packages by "First-Class Parcel".

On the front page of Les Senteurs they have a notice suspending all international shipping. They are trying to find a courier who will do it for them. New EU rules came in it seems on the 14th Jan, which will effect worldwide perfume shipping through the postal services.
    DONNA

I still haven't decided what to do....internationally you will just have to lie. Domestically you can either pay a couple dollars more for surface or lie. I feel bad about lying, either way...but I also don't want to pay more for slower shipping...especially if I'm just shipping 5 or 10 mls, or a bottle that is well-packed, in a box with plenty of bubble wrap and packing peanuts and everything....

I used to go with 'cosmetics' or 'fragile collectible'

I think it is a completely stupid rule, I mean they sell perfumes on planes and you can carry them on in your luggage so what is the problem?

My only worry is if customs discover fragrances destined for airmail / arrived at the destination country via airmail, will they destroy it?

Grrrrrr....I went to the post office yesterday and was asked if the package contained any liquid and I volunteered that it perfume and was told it can only be mailed parcel post. To add insult to injury, instead of costing $1.95, I had to pay a whopping $5.45 for the package to take twice the time to arrive. I thought the air mail restriction was only for international shipping but I guess we're funding the clunky money-losing USPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. I looked through the info and saw a section on "ORM-D" materials which seem to have a "limited quantity" exemption. I tried looking for what qualifies as ORM-D and could not quite figure out whether or not perfume qualifies. Thoughts?

"ORM-D material is a limited quantity of a hazardous material that presents a low risk of hazard during transportation due to its form, quantity, and packaging. The proper shipping name for all mailable ORM-D material is “Consumer Commodity.” Not every hazardous material permitted to be shipped as a limited quantity can qualify as an ORM-D material. The ORM-D category is recognized for use within the United States only. ORM-D materials cannot be sent in international mail."

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hajusuuri View Post
    Grrrrrr....I went to the post office yesterday and was asked if the package contained any liquid and I volunteered that it perfume and was told it can only be mailed parcel post. To add insult to injury, instead of costing $1.95, I had to pay a whopping $5.45 for the package to take twice the time to arrive. I thought the air mail restriction was only for international shipping but I guess we're funding the clunky money-losing USPS.
    I believe it could still have gone for $1.95 as First Class as long as it was clearly marked to go by ground. I have received small packets from Redneck that way.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post

Because of its alcohol content, perfume is considered a hazardous material for shipping purposes. That’s why USPS has modified the Retail Customer Experience HAZMAT question to help employees understand whether a customer’s package contains perfume.

Retail associates must not accept packages containing perfume to be mailed internationally or to an APO/FPO or DPO location, regardless of its quantity or mail class.

When sent domestically, perfume also cannot be mailed using Express Mail, Priority Mail or First-Class Mail. But a package may be sent if it meets the following conditions:

· The perfume container doesn’t exceed 16 fluid ounces.

· The customer confirms the perfume is sufficiently cushioned to prevent damage.

· The container is strong enough to prevent damage during normal handling.

· The package is marked “Surface Only” or “Surface Mail Only.”

Customers can ship only one bottle of perfume in a single mailpiece. Gift sets containing more than one bottle of perfume, regardless of ounces per bottle, are non-mailable. The perfume bottles must be separated and mailed as individual mailpieces.

For more information, please refer to the DMM, Pub.52 or a BMEU manager
    Thank you so much for that helpful information.

I use the kiosk to send packages out -that way I'm not lying to a person,just a machine.
    Unfortunately this tactic doesn't work for inernational packages though.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Quote Originally Posted by galwaygirl001 View Post
    I used to go with 'cosmetics' or 'fragile collectible'

I think it is a completely stupid rule, I mean they sell perfumes on planes and you can carry them on in your luggage so what is the problem?

My only worry is if customs discover fragrances destined for airmail / arrived at the destination country via airmail, will they destroy it?
    I went to a different post office in Belfast than normal, when shipping a decant. Was asked what I was posting, said as usual, "It a sample of foundation". Was told you cannot post it!!!!!!! Walked out and went to another post office said foundation, no problems. My normal post office the woman behind the counter just says, sending samples, I reply yes. No problem, never has been.
    DONNA

My local post office has, for a few years now, had a sign posted with pictures and text description of things, including perfume, that couldn't be shipped by Priority Mail. I've used a few priority return labels for fragrances and never even been asked what the package contained. I've not shipped anything since the beginning of the year but will keep this in mind the next time I do have something to send.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

I do hate rules that suddenly make criminals out of people who previously doing things that everyone felt were harmless.

I have a 20 ml decant coming from Israel, that I suspect will have to travel across the breadth of the US to make it to my house. I'll be interested in seeing how it comes, and how long it takes.

And what about those spray samples that come here from Lutens in France ?

Oh the horror !

As an update, I went to my city's main post office with a cologne in a plain brown box. The counter person went through the standard question -- flammable, hazardous, or perishable -- then asked the new question I've been getting since the 1st of the year: any lithium batteries or perfume. When I said yes (I'm not going to lie), I had to ship via ground. At least this time I knew that was likely, and didn't use the dedicated priority box.

The clerk confirmed that this is something the post office cracked down on as of January 1st. It may have been a rule before then, but the clerks weren't specifically asking about it. Now they are.
    Current Top Five:

I guess there must have been loads of fatal accidents and plane crashes due to a little perfume bottle lately.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

^^^Didn't you see the cutting floor scenes from Cast Away... The air crash in that movie (FedEx, right?) was attributed to three 1 ml vials of The Dreamer spontaneously combusting.

I'm so politically incorrect on this issue I think I'll just not say anything.

USPS as a company doesn't care what you're shipping. It's the airlines that created the "no fragrance" rule. Since USPS piggybacks their packages onto commercial planes, they must follow the airline company rules.

It's dumb that they still allow you to carry several ounces of fragrance with you or in your luggage though.. or maybe they've stopped allowing it since Jan 1st?
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

The fact that this change is as of jan 2013 explains a lot. I am preparing to ship some fragrances and had googled this but did not remember it being the case the last time I did a swap. Looks like USPS ground from here on out.

Banned
    Blog Entries

you can always tell them something fragile like it's a small figurine or statue. they can't open it or shake it. it's against the law.

USPS clerks are now asking for the actual content of shipments to Canada where no perfumes may be sent as there is no more ground option.

Crazy. With the current financial state of the USPS, you would think they would want all the business they can get...guess not.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Crazy. With the current financial state of the USPS, you would think they would want all the business they can get...guess not.
    Well they figured out how to increase their profits. Raise the rates of International mailing through the roof. Last month I could mail Small Flat Rate Priority Mail box to Canada for $12.95. Price today is now $19.95. Holy cow, not the 7-9% increase they talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Well they figured out how to increase their profits. Raise the rates of International mailing through the roof. Last month I could mail Small Flat Rate Priority Mail box to Canada for $12.95. Price today is now $19.95. Holy cow, not the 7-9% increase they talked about.
    Really...well, bad news for the Basenotes marketplace.

It's been a pleasure swapping with you guys down there lol.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Really...well, bad news for the Basenotes marketplace.

It's been a pleasure swapping with you guys down there lol.
    What it means, we'll have to start using first class mail more often. The problem with First Class Mail, you will not know the exact weight until the item is mailed, so it is a guessing game what the postage will be.

Angry Re: USPS and mailing fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    What it means, we'll have to start using first class mail more often. The problem with First Class Mail, you will not know the exact weight until the item is mailed, so it is a guessing game what the postage will be.

I just got back from the post office and was told that in order to ship perfume it has to go ground only and that they not only xray/scan packages but they also randomly open them to see what's inside. She warned me that if I lie about a package they'll find out and I could go to jail. It's a federal law, federal offence and they have cracked down starting Jan 1st of this year. Scare tactic? yes maybe.... I asked if I ship it ground what do I write on the box? I asked if I am suppose to write "ORM-D" And she said no, you have to have a special label, writing will not do, they won't accept it. She said to go to some website (I managed to forget all of that info on the way home) and that I can print the photo and make my own labels or I can buy them. Ok so even if you write "Surface Mail Only" on the box, and "Fragile" you still need that ORM-D Sticker.

I have perfume that I need to sell and ship and my buyers do not want to pay an arm and a leg to have it shipped to them, nor do they want to wait two weeks to get it. I'm not sure what to do. I've read so many forums where people say to just "LIE". But if you lie and something happens, guess who they go after!!! There are heavy fines for doing that and possible jail time. Ignorance of the laws/rules is no exscuse. Besides I hate lying and won't do it.

A friend wants to buy three bottles of my perfume. The bottles are 3.3 oz each, and according to what I read here you can't send them all together in the same box? She is not going to want to pay for three packages to be shipped. How crazy when they all fit in a tiny box. This is stressing me out.

Claudia

I have flown back from Paris with 15 bottles of perfume in my checked bag so surely this can't be an airline restriction... I think it is totally ridiculous to restrict perfume shipments by the post.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by claudiabarclay View Post

A friend wants to buy three bottles of my perfume. The bottles are 3.3 oz each, and according to what I read here you can't send them all together in the same box? She is not going to want to pay for three packages to be shipped. How crazy when they all fit in a tiny box. This is stressing me out.

Claudia
    Pack the real good and take them to the UPS store or FedEx store. They won't ask any questions. Just make sure to ship them ground.

My local UPS store recently asked me "What's in the package?" When I told them the truth they told me they couldn't ship it and that I would have to take it to another UPS store many miles away that was able to handle fragrances. They wouldn't even ship it UPS Ground.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

You know, after spending HOURS online looking up "how to ship perfume using the USPS" I have found it seems each state/post office makes up their own mind what you can and can not send. Noone seems to have the actual facts. I don't use UPS or FedEx. They are expensive.

I asked if I am suppose to write "ORM-D" And she said no, you have to have a special label, writing will not do, they won't accept it. She said to go to some website (I managed to forget all of that info on the way home) and that I can print the photo and make my own labels or I can buy them.
    Jeeze, you go to the Post Office, and they can't even provide a person with the proper "official" materials needed to comply with their own shipping requirements ?

What's next ? I have to print my own stamps at home ?

This all sounds pretty questionable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by andregooren View Post
    Similar regulations just went into effect in Europe. Perfumes can no longer be sent via airmail. If you think ground shipping is bad imagine the implications for overseas shipments.
    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    On the front page of Les Senteurs they have a notice suspending all international shipping. They are trying to find a courier who will do it for them. New EU rules came in it seems on the 14th Jan, which will effect worldwide perfume shipping through the postal services.
    For clarification, the regulations you refer to apply to United Kingdom, since Royal Mail no longer accepts international shipments containing alcohol (as of 2013-01-14). There are no EU-wide regulations that apply to shipping perfume and similar goods, at least not on the scale of online shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by claudiabarclay View Post
    I don't use UPS or FedEx. They are expensive.
    However in some situations, that might be one's best choice regardless of the extra cost.

Blog Entries

I was sending mail (forwarding) to England from my home in the US. It was to my brother who had recently moved. He had been staying with me. I put it all in an envelope and took it to the post office. The clerk asked if there was a note (to my brother) inside. I stupidly told the truth and said, Yes. Whereupon he snatched the envelope from me and said it would cost $5.00 to send. I should have taken it back and walked away but I was so stunned I just paid the fee. He actually smirked at me! I was so annoyed I never went back. Now I always go to a mailing service shop- Mail Plus. They never ask what's in the package, I mark it. 'Fragile' and everything has gone smoothly.

So, they charged you extra for a note written to your brother? Strange.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Yes, I had the impression it would have been next to nothing or even a service offered by the post office if I hadn't written a personal letter. Anyway, they also always ask if there's anything liquid or hazardous while the Mail Plus place never does.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

If you enclose a note they add the cost of a first class letter.

The charge is legitimate, but I would have been annoyed at his having asked about it, and the smirk. I've never been asked whether I had enclosed a note in my packages!

Didn't know about that..next, they may ask, 'So, what exactly did you write to him?'.
    Never been asked about any notes either. Once, I was sending baby clothes to someone..in the same state. I go to ship it and she feels the package..it's soft cause there is clothing in there..apparently, she didn't like that, looked at me strange and asked what was in it. 'It's baby clothes.'..I wanted to proceed with..'is that ok to you?' I got a bit mad about that one.
    Last edited by kalli; 1st May 2014 at 09:38 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Yes, I had the impression it would have been next to nothing or even a service offered by the post office if I hadn't written a personal letter.
    That seems a bit absurd to me. Legit or not, how much extra weight could that note have added?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.