Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Thursday 17th Jan 2013

Good morning !. Bitterly cold here (-5 on leaving for work earlier) so opted for a warming fragrant blanket - Tom Ford Amber Absolute.

Happy Birthday ineespenes

Default Re: SotD: Thursday 17th Jan 2013

Hello all. SpaceNK In Peace.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Hello dear Jon and all, Ombre Rose for me today.

Happy birthday, Ineespenes

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Bonjour!

.......Le 3me Homme.
    Happy Birthday, ineespenes!

Blog Entries

Good morning, all!

Jon, you smell great, & Happy Birthday lneespenes!

l'm excited because it's just started snowing here! l've got two days off now, & haven't been out of the house yet since l've only just got dressed, but l will have to venture out in the cold in a bit to run some errands. SOTD is Rien; giving a proper full wearing to my sample.

Have a great day everyone, & stay safe & warm.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Happy Birthday, Ineespenes!

Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Jules by Dior

Hello everyone -

I'm in Lalique Le Parfum this morning. Y'all have a great day!

Happy Birthday Dear ineespenes, happy birthday to you ...and many more!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Another Happy Birthday to ineespenes! Hope it's a good one!

Mom had a fall last night-- onto her bottom-- but had no injuries. I spend the evening with her just to be sure. When I called her just now, she seemed okay. (Whew!)

SotD is Evelyn.

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Thursday 17th Jan 2013

. Happy Birthday ineespenes

JA¤PUR
    H O M M E

Eau de Parfum

B O U C H E R O N
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Happy Birthday Ineespenes. I wish all good things for you this year and every year from now on!

Mike, the Pino Sylvestre. Isn't it great? It is interesting that you mentioned it in relation to Blenheim Bouquet. Ody has a theory about a continuum from Pino Sylvestre through BB and on till we get to Dior Granville.

I remember Pino Sylvestre from my childhood somehow, although I ask other people, relatives, friends, and they don't! I rememeber the smell and I seem to remember the little pine cone bottle sitting among other bottles, including Old Spice, and maybe some Avon stuff on a bathroom shelf. Alfarom says that for him it is the smell of happy childhood summer holidays because they would shower in the gel, (or soap maybe?).

You have reminded me to get some, Thanks. x

Jean Patou Lasso today, yes really!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

Mom had a fall last night-- onto her bottom-- but had no injuries. I spend the evening with her just to be sure. When I called her just now, she seemed okay. (Whew!).[/I]
    Oh dear. What a relief that she is OK.

Good afternoon from a cold but sunny Milan. No snow in sight, but the mountains I can see from my window- it's very unusual, the air is generally foggy & polluted - are totally white...

SotD is Exultat by Maria Candida Gentile.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Institution

Glad to hear that Momma 30 Roses has just a 'pain in the butt' and nothing too serious. Give her a big 'ol hug from me next time you see her and tell her I have a big pain in the butt too, so she's not alone.
    Happy Birthday Ineespenes!
    Foustie - I must admit I don't think I even heard about Pino Silvestre until I joined Basenotes. It must be a European thing. I do remember the Brut, Old Spice but not that one. Which is fine for me, I don't have any 'old man' associations to it (not that this is a bad thing...) it just smells like a more easier-to-handle pine scent. As I have said many times Blenheim Bouquet is just too strident for me and it does give me a headache. Which is why my go-to pine (mostly in warm weather) is Granville by Dior. Not the 'pine forest' of Norne or the pine needles of my SOTD:

Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens

Sometimes (like today) when I wear this it totally up-and-disappears on my skin. Sucks.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Happy Birthday, ine! I wish you a very special day!

30R, I was so relieved when I read your mom was o.k.! I hope that's it, no more serious falls. You must have been so worried.

Miss Balmain for me today; have a great day, all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

30 Roses, what a scare, so glad your mom is okay!

Happy Birthday, Inees! Have a wonderful day!

Wearing Ambre Narguile this morning.

Take care, everyone.

Happy Birthday Ines!!!
    I'm in Chanel 31 rue Cambon today. It is finally warming up here a little!

Basenotes Plus

Best wishes to mom, 30R - glad to hear she is relatively unscathed.

SotE - D&G By Man.

Annick Goutal Heure Exquise

30Roses, I'm so glad you're mom's OK. At least pains in the behind are relatively easy to manage. Most times. Except maybe Mike's. Hugs (((30R))) and (((Mike))) to you both.

Happy Birthday, ineespenes! I hope you've been having all the fun you so deserve.

Piguet Visa today. All this warm winter weather is giving an early kick-start to my annual later winter floral cravings....

Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar for me today... stay warm!

Blog Entries

Glad your mom is ok, Roses.

The snow this morning was short-lived & didn't lay, but they're forecasting a lot more for tonight or tomorrow. lt's certainly very cold here.

SOTE is Samsara, from my bottle of vintage EDT which l don't wear often, but l feel like giving it an outing tonight. We're off out for a few beers this evening as l'll be working at the weekend. Cheers all!
    Last edited by teardrop; 17th January 2013 at 06:01 PM.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Finally a balmy 36F here today and forecast calls for a few warmer days ahead. *\o/* Wearing Mauboussin to keep me warm in spirit at least.

Today I was sampling „L'Heure Mysterieuse” by Cartier. I really appreciate that houses like Guerlain and Cartier – if you get a hand on them – are offering big vials, around 4 ml. When I am through with my sample it will be summer, and then the incense season might be over.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Pamplelune
    , good to have you back.
    Where's Knit@nite hiding?
    (((30R Mum's bum)))
    Hotel JR looks quite posh.

Yesterday DD and I visited a new shopping center less than 3 miles away. It has an Ulta and a TJ Maxx side by side. No big whoop. For lack of anything new, I opted to spray on some Shalimar and was happy with my decision all day long.

Today I've applied some vintage Shalimar extrait, and I'm surprised that on my skin I smell a Chlorox note -- and I can't explain why, but I want to specifically say Chlorox more than ammonia. After a half hour, that improved, but Mr. Q is still looking at me with a grimace.

Somebody here recently said they weren't a fan of the modern Shalimar (Evangeline?), but it really worked for me yesterday, so I may need to get some if a hankering persists.

TOMORROW'S SYNC -- Noses 1: Pierre Bourdon / Maurice Roucel

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Yesterday DD and I visited a new shopping center less than 3 miles away. It has an Ulta and a TJ Maxx side by side. No big whoop. For lack of anything new, I opted to spray on some Shalimar and was happy with my decision all day long.

Today I've applied some vintage Shalimar extrait, and I'm surprised that on my skin I smell a Chlorox note -- and I can't explain why, but I want to specifically say Chlorox more than ammonia. After a half hour, that improved, but Mr. Q is still looking at me with a grimace.

Somebody here recently said they weren't a fan of the modern Shalimar (Evangeline?), but it really worked for me yesterday, so I may need to get some if a hankering persists.
    I'm assuming you sprayed on the Eau de Toilette Quarry? Or was it the new Eau de Parfum in that new bottle? I can't stand the EdT but the EdP smells very nice, albeit a little thin.

Vintage Shalimar has never smelled like bleach on my skin. I'm assuming this is from a sample/decant? Maybe your juice turned. When I apply vintage juice for the first 30 minutes, it smells like gasoline and diesel fuel. It has a smoky, animalic, petroleum-like whiff that is very challenging. Then it gets majorly powdery, almost bordering on scrub-worthy. Then it turns vanillic/sweet/woody NIRVANA!!!!

If you get the opportunity try sampling the 'new' Shalimar Body Cream. It is a wonderful version of the 'new' Shalimar with much more density, longevity and a nice chewy sweet note smack dab in the middle of all of the other notes.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Thanks to all on Mom's behalf, I'll pass along the hugs and concern. Today has been uneventful; long may it last!

Acousticjus Flamenco and Ava Luxe Cafe' Noir

Happy Birthday, Ine!

Wearing Prada (original) today. This one is a chameleon on my skin; sometimes it smells like mothballs, sometimes it s just soo sexy...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight in Paris, edp.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I'm assuming you sprayed on the Eau de Toilette Quarry? Or was it the new Eau de Parfum in that new bottle? I can't stand the EdT but the EdP smells very nice, albeit a little thin.

Vintage Shalimar has never smelled like bleach on my skin. I'm assuming this is from a sample/decant? Maybe your juice turned. When I apply vintage juice for the first 30 minutes, it smells like gasoline and diesel fuel. It has a smoky, animalic, petroleum-like whiff that is very challenging. Then it gets majorly powdery, almost bordering on scrub-worthy. Then it turns vanillic/sweet/woody NIRVANA!!!!

If you get the opportunity try sampling the 'new' Shalimar Body Cream. It is a wonderful version of the 'new' Shalimar with much more density, longevity and a nice chewy sweet note smack dab in the middle of all of the other notes.
    I wanted to spank myself when I got home from Ulta for failing to note whether it was edt or edp. While I was there I was in a little huff -- well, there's nothing new to sample here but the same-old same-old, so I'll just take a shot of Shalimar and be on my way. I'm going to have to call Ulta to find out. The bottle was on their very lowest shelf, at shoe level. Of course Wonderstruck was positively in your face shelf-wise.

Thanks for the counsel, Mike. I have vintage Shalimar samples of extrait and edc, and I know the edc has a smokier quality. The cream does sound yummy.

Good evening, y'all.

I was in Neil Morris City Rain today, and blue sweater dress. Two times I have worn this and both times it has gotten COLD the same day. I thought when I read "sweater dress" in the description that it would be warm, but no. Wind goes right through. The last time I wore it got so cold walking in the door to my work building that I kind of yelled "It's too COLD!!" right when I got to the door, and the man walking in with me made fun of me in the elevator, but I was warm by then Anyway, I am checking the weather before I wear this again.

30R, so glad your mom is OK.

Basenotes Plus

When I tried to post earlier today, the whole window closed down. WTH?

Anyway, I wanted to wish Happy Birthday to Ineespenes!

I'm wearing HdP's Tubereuse 2 - Virginale: Tuberose, Tangerine, Cherry, Jasmine, Tiara, Frangipani, Patchouli, Blond Woods, Vanilla from the basenotes pass.

Hi, everybody. It's snowing here for the first time this winter. The center where I tutor is closed this evening so nothing to do but stay home and cocoon this evening. I'm cozied up in Toujours Moi. I had a marathon cooking session today, making pots of chili and soup to freeze in portions, plus the dog's food (I cook chicken thighs for her to mix into her kibble, which she won't eat without the extra goodies added). B-belle will be home tomorrow and wanting something homemade to eat - ergo all the cooking. He said he's getting sick of his hotel room. I LOVE living in a hotel room - maid service, meals that I don't have to make, etc...heavenly. Yikes! It's lightning and thundering snow out there. We just had a POW!!! The dog is freaking out.

Quarry, I'm sure that was the edt. I can't wear it either. And you made me laugh. (((30 Roses' Mum's bum))) indeed. I'm glad she's ok, 30 Roses. Happy Birthday, Ineespenes! I hope you had a beautiful birthday today. Love to everybody. xoxoxo

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Morgane Le Fay Blue today.

Sending happy birthday wishes to ine
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I wanted to spank myself when I got home from Ulta for failing to note whether it was edt or edp. While I was there I was in a little huff -- well, there's nothing new to sample here but the same-old same-old, so I'll just take a shot of Shalimar and be on my way. I'm going to have to call Ulta to find out. The bottle was on their very lowest shelf, at shoe level. Of course Wonderstruck was positively in your face shelf-wise.

Thanks for the counsel, Mike. I have vintage Shalimar samples of extrait and edc, and I know the edc has a smokier quality. The cream does sound yummy.
    It was probably the EdT, that's the one that most department stores have out, as a Tester, now that I think of it. Glad you like it. Everyone has their own version that works for them. The 'new' EdT is definitely not smoky but it wears it vanilla, bergamot and animalic notes very prominently. Sounds like with your body chemistry, that's a good thing.

SOTE:

Maderas de Oriente Locion by Myrurgia (from a fast-dwindling sample - thanks J!)

This stuff is the bee's knees. Wow!

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

SOTD: Vetyver by Jo Malone.

Today I sampled Coco Chanel EDP, from a department store. And Hypnotic Poison. And Pi by Givenchy. Can't seem to stay away from that perfume counter lately!

Happy birthdays to those who have anniversaries of birth. Many blessings to all of you.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.