Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Pour Homme....discontinued not! I think.

As a relatively new fragrance aficionado, I have been thoroughly enjoying reading the forums and reviews on this great site! I've made my first purchase as a result of this site, Azzaro Pour Homme (my wife likes it and she's very picky, lol), and am looking forward to many more. Anyway, I like what I've read about Gucci Pour Homme, and have been trolling ebay and other sites researching this fragrance. Ebay is confusing, because there are some sellers asking the moon for their bottles and some seem reasonable. It looks to me like there is a difference between Gucci Pour Homme and Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme. The later is much less expensive and comes in a different bottle. Anyway, while walking through a local Boston Store today, I naturally strolled over to the men's fragrance counter to indulge my insatiable fragrance curiosity, and low and behold, they have quite a few boxes of Gucci Pour Homme! I told the sales clerk that I thought that was unusual because it was a discontinued fragrance and she acted incredulous and said that was not true. BTW, I sprayed some on myself with the tester and I do like the fragrance quite a bit. The bottle is very heavy, and the glass seems darker than the pictures of the juice for sale on ebay. Am I missing something here? Is there more than one Gucci Pour Homme? Should I snap up half a dozen bottles and sell them on ebay for a tidy profit? The bottle at the store looked like the bottle in the review section here. Is it possible that a big department store might be selling bogus perfume? Anybody else see this fragrance readily available at their local emporium? TIA for any insight offered.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th January 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Default Re: Guccie Pour Homme....discontinued not!

I'll take one!

After going back and looking at the review, I think that what I saw at Boston Store was the Gucci by Gucci pour Homme. The box is the same and the tester at the store didn't have a cap on it. I am sorry for my confusion in posting this dumb thread twice and also if I got anybody's hopes up. Obviously, I have a lot to learn. Is there anyway I can get these worthless threads deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by CesareBorgia View Post
    After going back and looking at the review, I think that what I saw at Boston Store was the Gucci by Gucci pour Homme. The box is the same and the tester at the store didn't have a cap on it. I am sorry for my confusion in posting this dumb thread twice and also if I got anybody's hopes up. Obviously, I have a lot to learn. Is there anyway I can get these worthless threads deleted?
    In the US your not going to find it in any store, and if you do expect to pay well over $100 for a 3.4 oz bottle. I like this fragrance just like I enjoyed Gucci Envy, but for the prices they're asking it's just not worth it.

I think the people at Gucci are idiots and you just proved me right. It's as if they're trying to make it harder for people to buy their fragrances.

"Hey, you smell great. What are you wearing?"
    "It's called Gucci Pour Homme."
    That's a fine answer until somebody tries to figure out which one he or she smelled.
    ...Gucci Pour Homme, from 1976?
    ...Gucci Pour Homme, from 2003?
    ...Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme? What a ridiculous name.
    ...Gucci Pour Homme II, from 2007? At least this one has a "II" as part of its name to differentiate it from the rest.

It wasn't really bad until they launched Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme. When Gucci discontinued Gucci Pour Homme, I went on the search for more, and I can't even tell you how many shops swore they had it, only to present me with Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme when I got there, even though I'd specifically asked them to make sure it wasn't Gucci By Gucci when I called. I did manage to find some, but that was back in September. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few boxes still floating around at small shops, but by now, they'll be few and far between. Local non-chain stops are probably your best bet.

The people at Gucci are IDIOTS! Who could blame you for getting them confused?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

The names could be confusing with all the flankers out there.

Just get a bottle for yourself and enjoy it.

When discussing any Gucci fragrance from now on, post pics to clear up which one we're talking about.

Simple as that!

...anyone try Gucci d'Gucci by Gucci yet??

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    yea
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

The bottles don't even closely resemble each other

Envy>PH1>A box of crayons>Gucci by Gucci PH
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Yeah it's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    What he said.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Gucci PH by Gucci II by Gucci Inc by Gucci by goochie.

Gucci has no integrity. The scents we like, they discontinue. What is their polo green? To me their classic range would be: PH1, nobile, rush, envy.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Sad, but true. Get a bottle and enjoy it.

GPH has indeed been discontinued as it is no longer listed on the official Gucci website.
    http://www.gucci.com/us/category/m/f...au_de_toilette

Default Re: Gucci Pour Homme....discontinues not! I think.

Did the box and bottle look exactly like this?

i-gucci-pour-homme-woda-toaletowa-30-ml-spray.jpg
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Default Re: Gucci Pour Homme....discontinues not! I think.

No. I definitely confused the Gucci by Gucci pour Homme with the Gucci pour Homme. Sorry about my dumb, misleading post. With all of the reformulations and changes in marketing and such, this can be a daunting and confusing pastime for a newbie like me.

Thanks for all of the replies and again, I apologize for stirring this up. I'm just going to cross Gucci pour Homme off my list; it's just not worth the bother. As I'm just starting out, I have almost nothing so the whole fragrance world is my oyster.

Don't worry about the mixup - Gucci's naming convention is a mess.

I wouldn't cross off Gucci Pour Homme off your list - It can still be found, just not in most stores anymore. It is a great fragrance, and worth the effort.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I found a 50ml tester or returned bottle at an independent fragrance dealer (a kiosk) at the mall . It had clearly been used, but I was willing to pay the $35 for it since I couldn't find it anywhere else. These one-off places are your best bet in terms of finding it.

Banned

I saw a 3.4oz tester bottle at sephora recently. I was sniffing a few and asked the sales associate for a few sames, and when she opened one of those drawers under the fragrance display to get her plastic vial and funnel, there it was, a nearly full bottle of gucci pour homme I. So, of course, I asked if they would sell their tester to me because they didnt have any retail packaged bottles of gucci pour homme I to sell so I knew it was just going to sit down there. She said she caouldnt so I told her to get the manager. The manager said they cannot sell their testers. I told her that because they dont have retail boxes of it, they can put it out to sample for anyone as its been discontinued. She said they would probably have to send the bottle back to gucci. That was it. I disnt get the bottle. I was very upset. Haha

Don't worry. You might have just saved someone from buying the wrong scent after being confused about all the frags with the same name.
    The double posting is the fault of the website, this is not the only duplicated thread today.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I'm just going to cross Gucci pour Homme off my list.
    Do that, and then buy Balmain's Carbone instead.
    They smell almost identical with prices miles apart!

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    The bottles don't even closely resemble each other
    You're right, they don't, but you have to think about people outside the world of this forum. Regular people who smell something they like and ask "What is that?" or "What's the name of that cologne your boyfriend likes?" or "What was the one I was supposed to get for dad?"

"He loves Gucci Pour Homme."

It's different than flankers since the names are different. A-Men Pure Malt, for example, or Allure Homme Sport.

Gucci Pour Homme and Gucci By Gucci Pour Homme are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too close, as this thread proves. And it's a shame because one of them is a work of art, and the other...

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    ...THIS.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Yes, you're right. The boxes and bottles are very different, but being a newbie, I wasn't aware of that. I was so excited to tell my new friends at basenotes about my spectacular find at Boston Store, lol. I was seriously contemplating buying half a dozen bottles, keeping one for my self and selling the rest for a profit on ebay to fund future purchases. Visions of grandeur! haha

Default Re: Gucci Pour Homme....discontinued not! I think.

I saw it at a Sephora recently and have also seen it at a Perfumania, so it is worth checking around to see if a store still has some if you want it.