Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: It looks like the maintenance man had a fun time with my cologne collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. TL View Post
    You ever think that maybe he just knocked one over on accident, then politely tried to place things back in order to comply with your overly-anal nature?
    not unless that one bottle that he knocked over had a domino effect on all the other bottles on my 5 story shelf

Default Re: It looks like the maintenance man had a fun time with my cologne collection.

By the way folks, I am a bit the new guy on the block here, but let's not give the original poster such a hard time. He shared a slightly annoying to him, somewhat funny to us story, nothing bad to presume about him. My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    I was considering making a new account named "Mr. Fix-It" and posting a new thread about how I have recently been introduced to the amazing world of fragrance...

I hate being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Its not evil. Where I come from, if you did something like that you would be fired on the spot no questions asked. He was being PAID to do a job, and in that line of work you get paid AND you bill by the hour. So technically while the defendant was messing with the collection the OP was having to PAY him to do it. No he didnt hurt anyone, so thats why I didnt say I would have had him arrested, just fired. Let me ask you a question: At your place of employment, if you got caught wasting time doing something like this would you be fired?
    Not in my place of employment at least... i guess we are more liberal here near the North Pole. But i guess you didn't ask me and as i stated before yes, it would be really irritating if you find someone has been meddling your stuff...
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

If he tried them all, wouldn't there be a strong smell of perfume in the room when you arrived?

You ever think that maybe he just knocked one over on accident, then politely tried to place things back in order to comply with your overly-anal nature?
    I'm new to BN, but if this is the kind of comment that people leave to new posters, I will look for another forum. How rude!

Personally I would be flattered and amused.

This would be a great question for some sort of sociological study: whether finding this very wrong is tied to a culture and what kind of interpretations we should make about the results. I would probably expect people from US to be in average more upset than Europeans. Just a hunch.

Kill him...slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Personally I would be flattered and amused.

This would be a great question for some sort of sociological study: whether finding this very wrong is tied to a culture and what kind of interpretations we should make about the results. I would probably expect people from US to be in average more upset than Europeans. Just a hunch.
    I'm a European and I would by very upset if any stranger went snooping around with my possessions. Please add this finding to your study. 😉

Ok

Maybe he knocked them over when jumping up and down on the bed?

Can't know what plumbers are up to when nobody is around, really.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Is it possible he moved them completely off the shelf as to not risk breaking anything?
    This was my thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    This was my thought too.
    He must have taken a photo first then because the op has already said that they were all in the same place, just moved slightly. Sounds like a case for inspector Clouseau.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffniffs View Post
    I'm new to BN, but if this is the kind of comment that people leave to new posters, I will look for another forum. How rude!
    New posters, old members, etc. if you're that overly sensitive you need to either toughen up a bit, or step outside more often. I'd say the same exact thing directly to anyone/anywhere.

Since he's inexperienced with Fragrance, his curiosity won out over his edict for no touching...
    Given our own obsession/near obsession with fragrances, heck, he's departed on his own learning curve. :-)

Why not make a new friend and help him out on his new path of discovery? :-)

Paul Kiler
    Last edited by pkiler; 19th January 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Blog Entries

New posters, old members, etc. if you're that overly sensitive you need to either toughen up a bit, or step outside more often. I'd say the same exact thing directly to anyone/anywhere.
    AGREED, I get tired of overly-sensitive people. I wouldn't want anyone fired for that, but I would never let anyone in my house if I wasn't there. I wouldn't want someone sticking their nose on the nozzle of a fragrance that I was going to spray on me.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Everyone calm down. What's the big deal?
    Time to unclog this thing and get on with our lives.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Funny story!
    We assume that he is inexperienced with fragrance but who knows? He could be one of a frag-head... And a frag-head can't help sniffing

Would you mind not PM me to tell me to get over myself?

I'd NEVER let a workman in my place while I wasn't there.

This thread keeps getting funnier and funnier. I apologize for my earlier comments saying I would have him fired. I wouldnt do that. I had about 4 or 5 drinks with dinner and then read this thread and got a little squirrely about the story. It would drive me nuts though as I am very protective about my personal space. There does seem to be a distinct line drawn in the sand about this issue.

Sounds like a Fumehead in the early stages...

Why don't you make a new friend and help him learn his new obsession...?
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    This thread keeps getting funnier and funnier. I apologize for my earlier comments saying I would have him fired. I wouldnt do that. I had about 4 or 5 drinks with dinner and then read this thread and got a little squirrely about the story. It would drive me nuts though as I am very protective about my personal space. There does seem to be a distinct line drawn in the sand about this issue.
    It is great to sit back and watch people from all over the world fight about a plumber touching perfumes.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Yeh, I need to get a life! But that's what happens when you have a 2 year old sleeping in bed! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    It is great to sit back and watch people from all over the world fight about a plumber touching perfumes.

It's kind of fun isn't it...

(OK, I need to get a life too.)

Eau de Cristopher Plumber?

THIS should be tweeted somewhere randomly! LOL, best thing I have read today. Reminds me of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone.
    -Jack handy
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

New thread! What cologne would Jack Handy wear and base it off of one of his sayings
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I am more intrigued with the phone cover being off by the bed.

it is great to sit back and watch people from all over the world fight about a plumber touching perfumes.
    Hysterical !

While it would irritate me, if nothing was stolen, I would not want the guy fired. No harm, no foul.

ahahahaha

hahaha this thread was hilarious to read through...!
    i think any guy, plumber or not, would be intrigued with your collection. take it as a compliment, and as long as everythings there, a funny story to remember. You also will have to keep an eye on him next time because he may come back for your bottle of aventus after smelling it..! Think of this as a charitable cause, you unknowlingly joined in

He might have had to knock or something on the wall to find a pipe. I also have sorta OCD about certain things and I find myself concocting things in my head. The fact that every single bottle was slightly moved sounds like he bumped the shelf to be honest. I highly doubt he would sniff 75 bottles of cologne... If it were like 5 maybe lol, but not 75 haha he's there to work

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    He might have had to knock or something on the wall to find a pipe. I also have sorta OCD about certain things and I find myself concocting things in my head. The fact that every single bottle was slightly moved sounds like he bumped the shelf to be honest. I highly doubt he would sniff 75 bottles of cologne... If it were like 5 maybe lol, but not 75 haha he's there to work
    well like i said, theres no reason he even needed to get near the shelf. Theres no pipes or anything in that area. Just a straight path to the bathroom=no shelf in the way

dcmastah, your inbox is full!!! I was going to PM you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcmastah View Post
    hahaha this thread was hilarious to read through...!
    i think any guy, plumber or not, would be intrigued with your collection. take it as a compliment, and as long as everythings there, a funny story to remember. You also will have to keep an eye on him next time because he may come back for your bottle of aventus after smelling it..! Think of this as a charitable cause, you unknowlingly joined in
    dcmastah, your inbox is full!! I was going to PM you.

Did you guys notice the newest member to Basenotes!

maintenanceman007

He started a new thread in the Just Starting Out forum/
    I Was In A Tenants Unit The Other Day And Tried.............

Well it took him some time to get to basenotes!