Code of Conduct

Default Wow! Spice Bomb smells VERY similar to Bath & Body Works PINK CHIFFON

I just got my Spice Bomb order (the much cheaper *oil* version from a body lotion store online) and am blown away by it's similarity to Pink Chiffon. That certainly doesn't makes Spice Bomb very *masculine*, but not bad, either. Has anybody else noticed this???
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Default Re: Wow! Spice Bomb smells VERY similar to Bath & Body Works PINK CHIFFON

Wait, what do you mean oil? A non-V&R affiliated interpretation of Spicebomb?

I wore Spicebomb today to campus, I actually somewhat thought about getting a 2nd bottle (even though my first is pretty much full, :P).

Me gusta.

Default Re: Wow! Spice Bomb smells VERY similar to Bath & Body Works PINK CHIFFON

We have some of the Pink Chiffon lotion and I used it on my hands one day. Later on I thought I had sampled some Pure Havane. I got the same cherry vibe from it.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    I wore Spicebomb today to campus, I actually somewhat thought about getting a 2nd bottle (even though my first is pretty much full, :P).

Me gusta.
    If you like it that much, go for it. It's a great scent IMO.

Which smells better?
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Matter of opinion probably, but what might you have been referring to?

The lotion, oil, Spicebomb?

I'm un-clear if the OP was comparing a Spicebomb-(like) clone to a lotion. A third party scent that may smell similar to Spicebomb compared to the lotion?

Matter of opinion probably, but what might you have been referring to?

The lotion, oil, Spicebomb?

I'm un-clear if the OP was comparing a Spicebomb-(like) clone to a lotion. A third party scent that may smell similar to Spicebomb compared to the lotion?
    Hi, the fact that it was OIL that I ordered doesn't have anything to do with it because Pink Chiffon is available at Bath & Body Works in lotion, shower gel, and probably EDT as well. If I am correct, BOTH fragrances, Spice Bomb and Pink Chiffon came out about 2 years ago, and smell SO much alike I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it's amazing how a "men's" fragrance smells almost exactly like the very girly named Pink Chiffon... but I guess it's all in how it's marketed. (As I have mentioned before, I love Midnight Pomegranate (Bath & Body Works), but it is clearly marketed to females, although it contains patchouli, anise, and I smell cinnamon, also.)
    Licorice candy for breakfast, and another dab of Black Vines by Kerosene. And a spritz of Plum Japonais for Sunday.

I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like what I like

Quote Originally Posted by Allen-at-home View Post
    Hi, the fact that it was OIL that I ordered doesn't have anything to do with it because Pink Chiffon is available at Bath & Body Works in lotion, shower gel, and probably EDT as well. If I am correct, BOTH fragrances, Spice Bomb and Pink Chiffon came out about 2 years ago, and smell SO much alike I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it's amazing how a "men's" fragrance smells almost exactly like the very girly named Pink Chiffon... but I guess it's all in how it's marketed. (As I have mentioned before, I love Midnight Pomegranate (Bath & Body Works), but it is clearly marketed to females, although it contains patchouli, anise, and I smell cinnamon, also.)
    I don't understand. What oil did you get? A Spicebomb 'clone' oil? There is no Spicebomb oil for sale, is there?

To me it's similar to Eau Des Baux and to a lesser extent TV

did you order that oil from ExoticFragrances?

I don't understand. What oil did you get? A Spicebomb 'clone' oil? There is no Spicebomb oil for sale, is there?
    Yes, I got Spicebomb oil at "The Fragrance Shop" online, not to be confused with "Fragrance Shop": http://thefragranceshop.com/
    You can get many mens fragrances available as mist, body lotion, or my favorite, aftershave lotion.

Yes, I got Spicebomb oil at "The Fragrance Shop" online, not to be confused with "Fragrance Shop": http://thefragranceshop.com/
    You can get many mens fragrances available as mist, body lotion, or my favorite, aftershave lotion.

So the body lotion online store The Fragrance Shop's Spicebomb-type "Oil" (which you recently purchased) which is also availabe as a mist, body lotion or (your favorite) aftershave lotion and was created in the image of the original Viktor and Rolf's "Spicebomb" eau de toilette smells similar to Bath and Body Work's Pink Chiffon, which also comes as a lotion, shower gel, and probably EDT.

Got it.

Thanks for clearing that up!

In all seriousness, it's good to hear another opinion on the Fragrance Shop because I know there's been some inquiry into their ability to replicate scents and the quality of their stuff.

But I'm still not sure whether this post would point them in a positive direction or not--mainly because I've never smelled Pink Chiffon.

Wait, have you ever smelled Viktor and Rolf's Spicebomb?

AGhhh!

I'm so confused!
    Last edited by Buysblind; 18th January 2013 at 11:48 PM.

If I am correct, BOTH fragrances, Spice Bomb and Pink Chiffon came out about 2 years ago,
    Actually, Spicebomb hasn't even been out a year stateside. Released I believe 24ish February last year. My suspicion would be that Flowerbomb and Pink Chiffon are analogous (Flowerbomb being 10-15 y/o now?), but Spicebomb seems kinda harsh to peddle to the 20-somethings that troll BBW. Maybe you're picking up the cinnamon note?

So wait.. OP, you're referring to a 'clone' Oil that was made to smell like Spicebomb and comparing that to the lotion?

Okay.. now a bigger question, how does that oil actually compare to the real Spicebomb?

Because, if those aren't even similar... then yeah..

So wait.. OP, you're referring to a 'clone' Oil that was made to smell like Spicebomb and comparing that to the lotion?

Okay.. now a bigger question, how does that oil actually compare to the real Spicebomb?

Because, if those aren't even similar... then yeah..
    Yeah, this was my big question also. I imagine a Designer Imposter of Spicebomb to be rather horrendous and smell of God knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Actually, Spicebomb hasn't even been out a year stateside. Released I believe 24ish February last year. My suspicion would be that Flowerbomb and Pink Chiffon are analogous (Flowerbomb being 10-15 y/o now?), but Spicebomb seems kinda harsh to peddle to the 20-somethings that troll BBW. Maybe you're picking up the cinnamon note?
    Have you actually smelled Pink Chiffon?

Have you actually smelled Pink Chiffon?

Have you actually *smelled* Pink Chiffon?

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    So the body lotion online store The Fragrance Shop's Spicebomb-type "Oil" (which you recently purchased) which is also availabe as a mist, body lotion or (your favorite) aftershave lotion and was created in the image of the original Viktor and Rolf's "Spicebomb" eau de toilette smells similar to Bath and Body Work's Pink Chiffon, which also comes as a lotion, shower gel, and probably EDT.

Got it.

Thanks for clearing that up!

In all seriousness, it's good to hear another opinion on the Fragrance Shop because I know there's been some inquiry into their ability to replicate scents and the quality of their stuff.

But I'm still not sure whether this post would point them in a positive direction or not--mainly because I've never smelled Pink Chiffon.

Wait, have you ever smelled Viktor and Rolf's Spicebomb?

AGhhh!

I'm so confused!
    I am sorry you are so confused by my post... Now let's see, HOW can I make it clearer so you can understand? I know! The *manly* Spice Bomb smells like the *girly* Pink Chiffon. Is this a little clearer?

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to hear from anyone who has smelled BOTH Spice Bomb AND Pink Chiffon. Do you think they smell the same? Except PC is a little fruitier, with less pepper. Anyone?
    Last edited by Allen-on-Holiday; 20th January 2013 at 09:46 PM.

Allen,

That's the issue the members in this thread are having.

TheFragranceShop's version of SpiceBomb smells like PinkChiffon.

But if you've never smelled the real SpiceBomb, you can't say that SpiceBomb smells like B&BW Pink Chiffon.

***EXAMPLE***
    I bought a clone oil of Tom Ford's "Black Orchid"... I've never smelled the real thing so I can't say that Black Orchid smells like X. I can say that the clone oil smells like X, but not the official since I've never smelled the real Black Orchid.

Kind regards,
    M

I smelled Pink Chiffon EDT yesterday and thought it smelled nothing like Spice Bomb.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

There was a question as to how "manly" Spice Bomb can be?

Pfffft

SpiceBomb is what Chuck Norris fears is under his bed at night.

I tried out actual SpiceBomb (at least, I'm pretty sure it was, from The Bay) and while "Pink Chiffon" was not the name that came to mind, it wasn't an unlikely name for what I smelled like wearing it. I thought it was very sweet and pretty, and extremely persistent.
    Last edited by CompassRose; 22nd January 2013 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackAdonis View Post
    Allen,

That's the issue the members in this thread are having.

TheFragranceShop's version of SpiceBomb smells like PinkChiffon.

But if you've never smelled the real SpiceBomb, you can't say that SpiceBomb smells like B&BW Pink Chiffon.
    No, I haven't smelled the "real" Spicebomb, but my experience with TheFragranceShop tells me they are usually, if not always, accurate. So I can't imagine the "real" thing to be THAT different from the oil version, which leads me to believe SpiceBomb smells like PinkChiffon. THIS is why I started this thread, to get opinions of others who HAVE smelled both, who can either confirm or deny my theory.

I actually have a sample and to me, Spicebomb opening notes bear a striking similarity to the mid and dry down of John Varvatos Vintage. Which is a good thing, because spicy cinammon, light vanilla notes and musk is a great smell, to me of course.

No, I haven't smelled the "real" Spicebomb, but my experience with TheFragranceShop tells me they are usually, if not always, accurate. So I can't imagine the "real" thing to be THAT different from the oil version, which leads me to believe SpiceBomb smells like PinkChiffon. THIS is why I started this thread, to get opinions of others who HAVE smelled both, who can either confirm or deny my theory.
    Go on Ebay and buy a sample of Spicebomb or go to Nordstom's and they'll give you a handful of them for free.