Code of Conduct

Default Unscented Body Wash, Deodorant, etc?

I'm thinking about slowly starting to use cologne instead of scented body wash when I go to college. Currently, I have the body wash and deodorant for Old Spice Swagger. For shampoo I just have Head and Shoulders. I was thinking about finding either mildly scented or unscented alternatives to these products so that if I ever choose to start using cologne the scents won't conflict with each other. For body wash and shampoo I'm considering American Crew 3-In-1. Is this a good idea? If not, any alternatives? For deodorant, I'd prefer not to use an anti-perspirant. So, anyone have any recommendations for any of these categories?

Default Re: Unscented Body Wash, Deodorant, etc?

I've only ever come across unscented antiperspirants. Most deodorants I tried of the stick variety, with a few exceptions, didn't have very long lasting scents worth worrying about. Similar with cheap body washes and with average shampoos. Unless you are using very smelly stuff, any fragrance you wear will easily overpower the light scents of the other products you use - you won't notice any clashing. The only clashing issue I've had is with strongly scented spray antiperspirants.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I've only ever come across unscented antiperspirants. Most deodorants I tried of the stick variety, with a few exceptions, didn't have very long lasting scents worth worrying about.
    Same here.

As others have said, unless they're special formulations associated with expensive scents, shower oils and shampoos leave a very fleeting smell that's gone in half an hour and won't clash with any cologne.

I personally use unscented Eucerin body wash, but that's because I have dry skin and go to the pool a lot - and this one works fine for me.

cacio

Well the Old Spice body wash was made to have a long-lasting scent, so it's quite prevalent. I guess I could try switching to the American Crew 3-in-1 and keeping the Old Spice deodorant. Thanks!

puraderm unscented bodywash and shampoo...best ever
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

I like to use Aveeno's fragrance free Active Naturals body wash. It not only has no scent, but it is also the best hydrating body wash I have ever used which is important if you are going to be wearing fragrance. If your skin is not hydrated the scent will likely not last on it and you will have to reapply often.

ALso be cautious about "unscented" body washes - they do has a scent, it's just a soapy smell. Look on the bottle it will stay list "fragrance" as one of the ingredients. "Fragrance free" body washes on the other hand, are harder to find but should not have a smell. Good luck.

I use Nivea Body washes and it does not clash with my Colognes. L'Oreal Men Expert products are great too and don't clash at all.

i cant use those nivea and dove bodywashes for men..they leave a film on my skin and use to much moisturizer...i think one of them is petroleum jelly based or has some sort of brand affiliation with vaseline
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Most body care/cosmetic products from the Extra Sensitive range by Dove are good and affordable place to start, not only because they are extremely mild and skin-friendly, but also virtually scentless. The only drawback is that there isn't any male deodorant and/or antiperspirant from this product range yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I like to use Aveeno's fragrance free Active Naturals body wash. It not only has no scent, but it is also the best hydrating body wash I have ever used which is important if you are going to be wearing fragrance. If your skin is not hydrated the scent will likely not last on it and you will have to reapply often.

ALso be cautious about "unscented" body washes - they do has a scent, it's just a soapy smell. Look on the bottle it will stay list "fragrance" as one of the ingredients. "Fragrance free" body washes on the other hand, are harder to find but should not have a smell. Good luck.
    +1 on the Aveeno. I'd also recommend Every Man Jack products. I've never had much luck with non-antiperspirant deodorant.

Since you asked

I use Tom's of Maine Wild Lavender deo -- the odour is very, very faint. They make an entirely unscented version if that's what is needed. After many, many years of trying many, many products this is what I've settled upon, so it works for me.

As for soap/shampoo/wash, I use what I've always used: either Kirk's castille bar soap or Dr Bronner's liquid. You just can't go wrong with either. No weird chemicals and they're actually soap, as opposed to most of what you find on the shelf being detergent (and profoundly bad for your skin).
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

I usually use Oil of Olay body washes. Good for my dry skin, and don't clash with my fragrances.

Blog Entries

I use the shea products from the body shop. There is a slight fragrance, but it's not too strong and it doesn't linger on the skin. I also use their deodorant. It's in the maca line and it doesn't have much of a smell either.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nivea also..i don't think any body wash is strong enough to clash with a fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I personally use unscented Eucerin body wash
    Have just started to use this product lately and the results have been very satisfying.
    (1761)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    I usually use Oil of Olay body washes. Good for my dry skin, and don't clash with my fragrances.
    Excellent products. My skin can tell he difference especially in the cold weather. The added moisturizers in the Age defense body washes keep my skin fresh and elastic not dry and static.

unscented? Don't you think its better to have a scented deodorant? You know.

australian online pokies
    Last edited by willardpatton; 6th March 2014 at 07:02 AM.