Code of Conduct

Default WINGMAN wipes review

i dont wear deodorant,,,have not since 2004(maybe thats why i am not married or have a girlfriend), anyway back to the review...i usually use wet wipes on my pits but got tired of the same wipe..did ssome searching on the internet and bought this wipe called wingman wipes,,basicly a wet wipe with a mild pepermint scented mixed with cheap mens cologne and ginseng scent...the wipes are 4 times the size of wet wipes and have a cloth like texture and come in little individual foil packets you can put in your wallet or pocket.....i was able to but this only overseas from england at first but i was paying like 20 bucks on shipping alone and now they are available at groominglounge.com(i actually did a review on that product on their site...you will be able to pick out my review right away on the 8count box wingman wipes..actually had a few e-mail conversations with the inventor of the wipe a guy named stuart jolley or something like that who lives in england..no more using baby wipes to freshen up)..i have used this product almost everyday at work for a year....i rinse the wipe under the sink first before use because the smell is a little bit tacky,,needs to be toned down a little...basicly straight pepermint, cheap male deodornat smell, and ginseng...i think the ginseng gives it a little bit of a dirty vibe to offset the pepermint

i jokingly call them mangina wipes

i also tried another wipe specifically designed for your private areas called "fellas"...was orange scented
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Default Re: WINGMAN wipes review

Alrighty.

Sounds like you need to go see a doctor.

Wasn't prepared for that.

Im at a loss for words really....some threads you just cant unread. Why no deodorant? I understand that the majority of all deodorants contain toxic ingredients, and there are alternatives for that. Have you tried a deodorant stone or a natural deodorant? If you have to rinse the wipes in the sink because you find the scent tacky why dont you just find a more suitable product?

Aventus
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The last few months have been a whirlwind for Stuart Jolley, as his business, Wingman, has exploded onto the scene. From securing an exclusive contract with Boots, to having BBC cameras follow his every move for an upcoming Theo Paphitis-fronted series, Wingman has come a long way since Stuart’s original idea for a male deodorising wipe as a student.
    “The idea came about when I was at University in Cardiff”, explains Stuart. “I entered the Spark Business Idea competition through Student Enterprise, and came second. After receiving some start-up money, the business has gone from strength to strength.”

Stuart graduated with a degree in Journalism, Film & Media in 2009, and after working in Pizza Express for three months, it looked like Wingman might be going somewhere. “I quit my job, because a national vending machine company wanted to take the product on”, Stuart says. “But unfortunately that deal fell through”. Having moved back home to his parents, Stuart cleared out an empty room and turned it into an office. “I sent out about 30 information packs to some of the biggest companies and I discussed my brand with some big players in the market. I managed to get two investors on board, just through word of mouth – contacting people, emailing people. They funded prototype development, and then the BBC programme came on board over the last seven months.”

The BBC series, ‘The Next Big Thing’ is due to air in early 2011. Stuart describes the programme as a “once in a lifetime opportunity to pitch in front of some of the most influential buying teams in the country. It was the most nerve-wracking thing I’ve ever had to do.” The BBC programme led to a 12 month exclusivity deal with Boots, as well as an unexpected role for Stuart. “Boots have offered me additional research related work that I was never expecting”. I think once you can get your business up and running it really opens doors.” Stuart has also worked hard at opening doors for himself, and has come up with some novel marketing techniques. “I took the wipes to Reading Festival, where I had to endure three days of sitting outside the toilet and shower lines, getting people to test and buy them”, Stuart explains. “I also sent 2500 samples out with NUTS magazine to Afghanistan to support the British troops.”

Stuart believes that this hard-working and proactive ethic has been a key to the business’ success, but he admits that at first he found this a challenge. “The biggest challenge is the amount of time you have to dedicate. When I started the project I didn’t really know how much work was involved. I didn’t anticipate it taking up every single second of the day. You’ve almost got to be a bit selfish in that I haven’t seen some friends in ages because this is the only thing I’ve been able to do. You’ve just got to dedicate literally all of your time to it and almost nurture it as if it was a baby.”

As well as gaining support and advice from the Spark competition, and mentoring at Venture Wales, Stuart evidently takes the hands-on approach when it comes to learning. “One valuable thing I’ve learnt is how the retail business works. I’ve had to see where our wipes are manufactured and negotiate price points with both manufacturer and Boots. It was really insightful. Being chucked in at the deep end meant it was either sink or swim and this crash course in business was a very fast learning curve.”

Wingman is currently a one man project, though Stuart admits that he would like to build a team. “I am someone who bounces well off other people, so if I could do it again I probably would’ve started a partnership rather than going it alone. It’s the hardest thing, having to deal with all aspects of the business on your own. From the accounts and marketing to presentation work and pitching - you’ve got to manage the lot!”

Whether flying solo or as part of a team, Stuart has big ambitions for his business. “The company is looking to expand into all areas of the male grooming sector, with shower gels and a skincare range on the horizon”, Stuart explains. “The Wingman brand is ready to take flight.”

Wingman is available in selected Boots stores nationwide.

Visit www.iamwingman.com for more information, or visit the Facebook page for more news and updates: www.facebook.com/pages/Wingman/129179283799662
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Word of advice: get a 5 ml atomizer and take the appropriate scent with you. If you might need something like a wet paper towel, take a dry paper towel with you too, as water is available for free via fountains and lavatories.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 18th January 2013 at 06:40 AM.

all deodorants that i tried..give me lots of rashes under my pits...i have tried them all, the rock crystal stuff, to expensive niche stuff, to organic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    all deodorants that i tried..give me lots of rashes under my pits...i have tried them all, the rock crystal stuff, to expensive niche stuff, to organic stuff
    OK this makes sense. I wasn't sure which was funnier the original post coming from the left field or the responses. Anyway, if these wipes seem to be mild enough then why not use any other available, less expensive body wipes (marketed to men or otherwise). The scent can't be that overpowering.
    Also, you might want to try witch hazel wipes too.
    This will probably be moved to the Men's Grooming board--as soon as the shock wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    OK this makes sense. I wasn't sure which was funnier the original post coming from the left field or the responses. Anyway, if these wipes seem to be mild enough then why not use any other available, less expensive body wipes (marketed to men or otherwise). The scent can't be that overpowering.
    Also, you might want to try witch hazel wipes too.
    This will probably be moved to the Men's Grooming board--as soon as the shock wears off.
    i have tried multiple brands. i used to use "wet wipes" brand but wanted to try other stuff...wanted indicvidual wrappped stuff to keep in my pocket so that narrows it down even more, and alsoe wanted something that did not have an antibacterial agent(narrows it down even further, etc......tried the "fellas" wipes on my pits with an orange smell, but quickly reacts and turns into a onion smell on my pits...

Are you spending several hundred dollars a year on armpit wipes?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

*And* you can buy a Wingman baseball cap !

Imagine trying to explain that to your friends !

Puts a new spin on the term "Wipeout !"

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Are you spending several hundred dollars a year on armpit wipes?

i have placed two united states orders totaling about $80 each from grooming lounge,,,,and 1 international order from UK for around 80 as well i think......i only work 3 days a week (12 hour shifts) so i use 1 or 2 wipes a day depending...and rarely use any on a day off from work unless i am going somewhere and get stinky

Dude, pretty please with cherries on top buy some deodorant.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

You react even to natural deodorants and not to these sketchy-looking wipes? I call shenanigans.... Probably healthier to just pop into the bathroom and have a quick birdbath in the sink instead.

Whose organic deodorants have you tried? If it was Toms of Maine, that gives practically everyone I know a rash.

Basenotes Plus

I agree with the "See a doctor" comment.....a dermatologist. The copay would be less than what you're spending to perpetuate the problem.
    Last edited by RHM; 24th January 2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    You react even to natural deodorants and not to these sketchy-looking wipes? I call shenanigans.... Probably healthier to just pop into the bathroom and have a quick birdbath in the sink instead.

Whose organic deodorants have you tried? If it was Toms of Maine, that gives practically everyone I know a rash.
    Thats what I think. "Ive tried everything!!" equals trying 3 things.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

its been so many years i cant remember all the namses but yes, toms was 1 of them..in reality i probably tried 8 or 9 different natural deodorants..soemtimes those deodorants make me smell even funkier than if i did not wear anything...i even tried that body mint with a copper chlorophyl complex

Wow, pit wipes and genital wipes. Interesting. Not sure that I'll stop using my deodorant any time soon, though.