Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD: Friday 18 January 2013

Best wishes to RedHotHubby.

SotE - Feminite du Bois.

((((((((Wolfie))))))))

Whew cold today. A sweater and She-Wolf, the vanilla and "dirty musk" that is so wierdly compelling to me. Both my littler daughters asked for City Rain today, so they go off to school smelling good too, though the small car did not smell so good with all of us in there together.

Bonjour mes dames! It's been forever since I posted here, but I still recognise a few names.
    My enthusiasm for scent waned for a while, but it's on an upswing again due to a recent lucky find: Convent des Minimes Eau Aimable.

Hope everyone's 2013 is off to a good start.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

heart of ice

In synch today with Maurice Roucel's L'Instant de Guerlain. I have not worn this in while (last worn in March!) and I am really enjoying the honey-ed magnolia. It feels really powder-y and fluffy today ... but then again, I'm wearing a few more spritzes than usual since I'm not at work.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Whitefluffy, Ody, and Mr RHM!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Evening all. Snowing steadily here, but since I've no place to go ... well, you know the rest ...

Still with Mr Roucel in L by Lolita Lempicka. A nice companion piece to Musc Ravageur, same musky, vanilla vibe, but much sweeter.

Happy Birthday Whitefluffy - sorry I missed you off my morning post! Enjoy your trip.

Happy Birthday to Mr RHM too.

Happy Birthday also to Mr. RHM!

I'll be twinned with Jon this evening, and still in synch (courtesy of M. Bourdon) in Feminite du Bois. Jon, are you enjoying a lovely red wine tonight with the venison? (YUMMY!!)

It's a violet kind of day but with two very different takes on it.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 19th January 2013 at 01:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Welcome back, Morgaine!

l managed to fix my TV after going back outside to clear the snow off of my satellite dish! We've had nearly four inches of snow here today, but l'm warm & dry again now, & cosying up for the evening in Stoned by Solange Azagury-Partridge.

Not looking forward to walking to work tomorrow though, when the snow will have turned to ice...
    Last edited by teardrop; 18th January 2013 at 07:33 PM.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I'll be twinned with Jon this evening, and still in synch (courtesy of M. Bourdon) in Feminite du Bois. Jon, are you enjoying a lovely red wine tonight with the venison? (YUMMY!!)

How did you guess ?

Welcome back Morgaine

Good evening all.

Scent twins with 30R in Mandorlo di Sicilia. I adore it in summer but have found it too sweet in today's below zero degrees temperatures.

I also meant to say, Jon, that your venison stew sounds wooooonderful! I've never prepared venison myself, only had it in restaurants, but I'd love to try my hand at venison stew sometime. I'll have to see where I can source some local venison.

I got my seven Ambra Di Luna samples today! Yay! I smell gooood. Got from the RM sample program. Draw back, they are dab ons, not sprays, may try to put these into a spray atomiser.

Happy B-day to all the BNers who have one today!
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I also meant to say, Jon, that your venison stew sounds wooooonderful! I've never prepared venison myself, only had it in restaurants, but I'd love to try my hand at venison stew sometime. I'll have to see where I can source some local venison.
    It's one of our favourite dishes - I make it with diced bacon, red wine, cranberries, and shallots. Always goes down wonderfully with a nice merlot.

Hey y'all -

I'm in a few dabs of vintage Obsession parfum this afternoon, along with a bit of Kiehl's Musk oil to add a twist of something ...different. I just love this ambery, earthy and ever-so-slightly dirty duo lately.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan