Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Friday 18 January 2013

Afternoon all, I am in Agent Provocateur. I think I need a new bottle of this!
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Default Re: SOTD: Friday 18 January 2013

Hello all. Institut Tres Bien Tres Russe.
    DONNA

queen of the universe

Good wee hours, I am having a pleasant insomnia, soothed with vintage Antilope EdT.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Hello! For synch Friday (created by P Bourdon or M Roucel) I'm in Musc Ravageur.

Happy Birthday odysseusm!
    And a belated Happy Birthday to inees for yesterday.

30Roses - hope your mum is doing ok

Belated birthday wishes to Inees also and a Happy Birthday wish to
    Odysseum.

We have lots of snow here today so I shall stay in the house (most of the
    schools are closed) and revel in Cinnabar, whilst doing a batch of cooking.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !

Happy Birthday Whitefluffy

Happy Birthday Ody

Following Kewart's example today. Off work, snow already started here and looks set to continue for the day.
    Venison casserole in the slow cooker, wine in the rack, dvds and nibbles ready for action. Good luck to anyone facing the prospect of public transport later - this pathetic country usually grinds to a halt at the merest sign of anything wintery.

In synch today with Zino Davidoff.

Banned

nice to see afternoon greetings in the morning ,

hello to Pamplelune et all ,

oh i am so proud today i am wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie, the one with sweet barnyard smell, but bit too powdery/iris puffed for my taste,but i like it today, on a cold snowy day....so there is hope i may like it more in the future

oh happy birthday to Odysseum and Inees

and dear generous Whitefluffy
    Last edited by iivanita; 18th January 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Good morning!....

........ ..
    Profumi Del Forte - Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea............

Blog Entries

Good morning all, & Happy Birthday Ody!

We finally have our first snow of the winter here; a good couple of inches & still falling! Everything looks so beautiful & quiet.
    Fortunately l have a day off today, so l can stay warm & admire it from afar if l want. No SOTD just yet, will report back later..
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning all. TF, Tobacco Vanille.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Ody and Whitefluffy !

(((((30R and mom)))))

SOTD is Hermes Hiris, a serene, contemplative beauty that I ought to wear more often.

have a lovely Friday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((hugs back)) from Mom and me! I think she is okay; it just rattled her. And it rattled me, too, I suppose, but now that 36 hours have passed without further incident, I think the immediate danger is over.

Happy Birthday to Whitefluffy and odysseusm!

Temperatures are headed south. Feels more like winter. A good day for something cozy-- Mandorlo di Sicilia.

Many thanks to all for the birthday wishes! MY SOTD will be Norne.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Basenotes Plus

Lots of celebrating today! Happy 50th birthday to my dear husband. Love you sweetheart! You smell wonderful in Urlich Lang's Nightscape.
    Happy birthday to Odysseum & Whitefluffy today too! Hope you have a wonderful day.

SOTD is Robert Piguet's VISA by request.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Friday 18 January 2013

ROUTE
    DU
    VETIVER

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello everyone -

I'm in Miss Dior this morning, vintage parfum and edt. Y'all have a great day!

Happy Birthday to ody and whitefluffy - wishing you both a wonderful and fragrant day!

Oh, and Happy Birthday wishes for RHMister, too!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy birthdays

SotD is Etro Patchouly, from a sample.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Many, many thanks for kind wishes from wonderful BN folk!!! Happy birthday to Mr. Odysseusm with whom I honored to share this day.

Today we are leaving on the camping trip to desert mountains of southern New Mexico. SOTD L'Artisan Iris Pallida

Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday Whitefluffy & Mister RHM!

Just been out in the snow to the shops, & returned to find my satellite TV isn't working. SOTD is Josef Statkus.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    ... Happy birthday to Mr. Odysseusm with whom I honored to share this day.
    & Best wishes to you too! Have a wonderful trip.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Happy Birthday to Whitefluffy and Odysseum Have a great time on your camping trip, Whitefluffy! I've only ever spent time in northern New Mexico, in the Abiquiu area, although I did venture down to Bandelier, Santa Fe, and Albequerque. Such a lovely state.

Odysseum, you smell wonderful. I adore Norne and suspect I may succumb to a full bottle before spring.

Jon and Kewart, I'm jealous! A day cooking and relaxing at home sounds perfect. Although it will be 50 F here today, so the outdoors is actually beckoning.

I'm in synch today in Dans Tes Bras (Roucel). I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday to all who celebrate today, Whitefluffy, Ody and Mr RHM. I hope you all
    have a very special day.

Have fun on your trip, Whitefluffy!

Today wearing Ava Luxe Madeline.

Have a great weekend!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Three birthdays?! We're gonna need a bigger cake ... or cupcakes!
    Best wishes to Ody, Whitefluffy, and Mr. RHM

Duh. Yesterday I was reminding everyone about sync Friday, and here I failed to observe it. Let's see if I can remember later, after I shower.

For this a.m., I'm back in vintage Shalimar extrait. Might as well get to know it before it ages further. See, Mr. Q is away for the morning, so I'm allowed to stink as I like. Plan to call Ulta once they open and ask which Shali they have on the shelf.

And now ... off for a date with the vacuum.

..vintage

Basenotes Institution

donna255 - you smell FANTASTIC. One of my favorites eaux's. Sad that the line was disco'd.
    Happy Birthday to my buddy Odysseusm (I will wear some Norne tonight & think of you) and to White Fluffy and also to RedHotDaddy (LOL)!
    Quarry - silly girl, you were the one who reminded me yesterday that today was Roucel/Bourdon sync and you went up and forgot with your Shalimar-on-the-brain (I'm to blame, right?). You'll be throwing off beautiful sillage from behind the vacuum.

In sync in:

Kouros (vintage) by Yves St. Laurent

I realized, when I went to my sample pile, that I only had two scents to participate in the Sync. I could have sworn I owned more Roucel scents...but I thought wrong. There are many that I have been meaning to own (Dans Tes Bras, KenzoAir, etc) but the only I have a bottle of (mini) is Bourdon's Kouros - although I have a decant of Iris Silver Mist I'm gonna wear later (from Roucel).

I learned, from a few guys on BN, that the best time to wear Kouros is on a hot Summer day. I thought it sounded ridiculous, but one time I went to an outdoor festival right on the beach (on the sand) on a hot June day and I decided 'what the hell' and wore it. It really worked. So, I always think of this as a Summer scent. However, today, we got a cold blast that came through Miami, and it's cold (for us) today...so here I am wearing it in different weather - and it also smells fantastic. It's not quite as 'huge' as when I'm sweating and my body temperature is hot. Underneath my flannel shirt and undershirt, sitting here at my desk, every time I move around I am treated to that wonderful incense/honey/musk smell that is unmistakeably Kouros.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Wearing my favourite 1725 from Histoires de Parfums today.

Chemist in the Bottle is having a weekend poll about most expensive perfume fantasies. How about you join our discussion?
    http://wp.me/p2x0R7-t1

Happy Birthday Whitefluffy!!!! You should have some great weather for your camping trip! Enjoy And you smell great

I am in a cloud of Chanel No. 22 from my new bottle. Slowly drifting further and further towards an almost pure Chanel girl, but I know that will never totally take place. But my collection grows

CJ Scents Sandalwood edp today.

Have a great Friday!

I’m in synch today in Maurice Roucel’s Rochas Tocade layered over a smidge of Attar Bazaar’s Indian Patchouli oil – what a reek! But I like them together. I’m busy vacuuming and cleaning house today, too. B-belle is coming home this evening, and after two weeks of enjoying hotel amenities I didn’t want him to come home to a scuzzy wreck. Dust bunny round up today.
    I’ve been enjoying my two or three staple fragrances, one for day and one night; but also rose fragrances lately, especially layering – for example: perfumer’s workshop tea rose over kiehl’s original musk. Today’s Tocade over patchouli oil. I suppose I’m aiming for an underlying dirty earthiness with a rose aura hovering above. Wearing a fragrance that is composed with these elements gracefully blended doesn’t interest me, it’s the odd layering that I’m enjoying. It’s a phase.

Happy Birthday to Odysseusm!

Happy Birthday, Whitefluffy!

Happy Birthday wishes to RHM’s husband, too!

Have a good weekend everybody!

Basenotes Plus

Best wishes to RedHotHubby.

SotE - Feminite du Bois.

((((((((Wolfie))))))))

Whew cold today. A sweater and She-Wolf, the vanilla and "dirty musk" that is so wierdly compelling to me. Both my littler daughters asked for City Rain today, so they go off to school smelling good too, though the small car did not smell so good with all of us in there together.

Bonjour mes dames! It's been forever since I posted here, but I still recognise a few names.
    My enthusiasm for scent waned for a while, but it's on an upswing again due to a recent lucky find: Convent des Minimes Eau Aimable.

Hope everyone's 2013 is off to a good start.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

summer means fireflys

In synch today with Maurice Roucel's L'Instant de Guerlain. I have not worn this in while (last worn in March!) and I am really enjoying the honey-ed magnolia. It feels really powder-y and fluffy today ... but then again, I'm wearing a few more spritzes than usual since I'm not at work.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Whitefluffy, Ody, and Mr RHM!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Evening all. Snowing steadily here, but since I've no place to go ... well, you know the rest ...

Still with Mr Roucel in L by Lolita Lempicka. A nice companion piece to Musc Ravageur, same musky, vanilla vibe, but much sweeter.

Happy Birthday Whitefluffy - sorry I missed you off my morning post! Enjoy your trip.

Happy Birthday to Mr RHM too.

Happy Birthday also to Mr. RHM!

I'll be twinned with Jon this evening, and still in synch (courtesy of M. Bourdon) in Feminite du Bois. Jon, are you enjoying a lovely red wine tonight with the venison? (YUMMY!!)

It's a violet kind of day but with two very different takes on it.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 19th January 2013 at 01:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Welcome back, Morgaine!

l managed to fix my TV after going back outside to clear the snow off of my satellite dish! We've had nearly four inches of snow here today, but l'm warm & dry again now, & cosying up for the evening in Stoned by Solange Azagury-Partridge.

Not looking forward to walking to work tomorrow though, when the snow will have turned to ice...
    Last edited by teardrop; 18th January 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I'll be twinned with Jon this evening, and still in synch (courtesy of M. Bourdon) in Feminite du Bois. Jon, are you enjoying a lovely red wine tonight with the venison? (YUMMY!!)

How did you guess ?

Welcome back Morgaine

Good evening all.

Scent twins with 30R in Mandorlo di Sicilia. I adore it in summer but have found it too sweet in today's below zero degrees temperatures.

I also meant to say, Jon, that your venison stew sounds wooooonderful! I've never prepared venison myself, only had it in restaurants, but I'd love to try my hand at venison stew sometime. I'll have to see where I can source some local venison.

I got my seven Ambra Di Luna samples today! Yay! I smell gooood. Got from the RM sample program. Draw back, they are dab ons, not sprays, may try to put these into a spray atomiser.

Happy B-day to all the BNers who have one today!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I also meant to say, Jon, that your venison stew sounds wooooonderful! I've never prepared venison myself, only had it in restaurants, but I'd love to try my hand at venison stew sometime. I'll have to see where I can source some local venison.
    It's one of our favourite dishes - I make it with diced bacon, red wine, cranberries, and shallots. Always goes down wonderfully with a nice merlot.

Hey y'all -

I'm in a few dabs of vintage Obsession parfum this afternoon, along with a bit of Kiehl's Musk oil to add a twist of something ...different. I just love this ambery, earthy and ever-so-slightly dirty duo lately.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan