Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ARMANI Eau pour Homme 2013 and Eau du Nuit just arrived! (quick review)

Ok, today I got the new Armani Eau pour Homme and its black bottle flanker "Eau de Nuit" for a quick test.

Bottles are a bit different than previous ones.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...zNGB7maTG_cQ4Q

and boxes are printed with a sort of "fabric" drawing.
    The backside of boxes is fully written with ingredients and legal notes, and obviously there is no trace of oakmoss and treemoss.

What about scents?
    I'll tell immediately : The Eau pour Homme is NOT as the vintage but, at least, is really similar to the previous reformulation. Nothing ruined here, it's the same as its predecessor. A strong blast of various citruses followed by a bunch of spices; moderate-to-good duration, at least 3 hours on my skin.

Completely different story for the black flanker, the Eau de Nuit. It lacks completely the citrus note, it's a smoky scent and pretty wearable. But, incredibly, after 15 minutes it turn in an almost complete clone of Bvlgari Black, with its famous black-tea and "rubbery" notes. After 30 mins I wasn't able to say if it was the new Armani Eau de Nuit or the old Bvlgari Black... Unfortunately after just 2 hours the scent vanished completely. It was a bit disappointing.

Conclusion: Eau pour Homme, nothing new, but, at least, no deterioration. (however, the vintage was better, much better....)
    Eau de Nuit , not bad, a "dark" scent, but poor duration, and too much similar to another previous fragrance.
    That's all for now
    Andrč

Default Re: ARMANI Eau pour Homme 2013 and Eau du Nuit just arrived! (quick review)

Both scents are very good IMO in any of their incarnations.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ARMANI Eau pour Homme 2013 and Eau du Nuit just arrived! (quick review)

I used to love Eau Pour Homme, but I couldn't justify buying it any more---I used to have to bombard myself with it, just to give it any projection power, and it only lasts a couple hours on my skin.

I've been trying a sample of Lorenzo Villoresi's Uomo, which I kind of fallen in-love-at-first-sniff with. Wonderful first blast of citrus, woods, and herbs, and dare I say it, unripe tomato. Like taking a stroll through a Mediterranean orchard or garden in the Spring or Summer.

The new formulation of Eau Pour Homme is a shame, ultra diluted, lasts almost nothing, no sillage. THanks for the warm up, i will skip te flanker too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the impressions, particularly interested about the flankers, since I already own and love the regular Eau pour Homme.