Code of Conduct

Default Nanette Lepore's new perfume, Nanette?

Has anyone else tried this? I think it's just called Nanette or N. I was surprised how much I liked it, since I haven't liked any of her other scents. I had a bottle of Shanghai Butterfly, but it was a scrubber on me and I disliked it so much, I chucked the bottle because I thought it would be a better world if there was one less bottle being traded around.

ANYWAY, Nanette is similar to Histoires de Parfums 1969 Revolte, but sweeter, with a less minerally spice.

I'd love to get other povs, since I can't seem to find anything on basenotes or elsewhere!

Default Re: Nanette Lepore's new perfume, Nanette?

I think it smells a lot like Vivian Westwoods boudoir!
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Post Thanks / Like

I got a sample of it from Sephora but did not wear it yet. On the strip, it reminded me of Ciara--a spiced woody oriental, basically. I liked it, but it really does seem a bit retro!

Post Thanks / Like

Nanette has a note described elsewhere as "hot cedar" and this wood note comes across to my nose as nutty but creamy, the way sweet almond milk is or fresh almonds when ground up (but no almonds here). Delicious. I have 200+ bottles and there's NOTHING in my wardrobe that even comes close to smelling like this. I get tired of sampling something "new" only to find that it reminds me of something I already have but I can honestly say my sample of Nanette was quickly followed by a search for a reasonably priced full bottle. Yes, very retro. My nose picks up a woodsy violet tone as well. Makes me feel dressed up even in jeans and a t-shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone has smelled this one?
    I smelled it on a test strip. I disliked the top notes but found the middle rather nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is a slightly boring pomegranate fragrance with all necessary fruity floral characteristics. Would you like to sample it? Send me your address.