Code of Conduct

Default Ava Luxe...thoughts?

Who here likes Ava Luxe?

There are a few that I REALLY want to try, but they're pretty expensive even to sample, so I'm hesitant. How is the longevity and quality on these?

Default Re: Ava Luxe...thoughts?

The quality was high from the one sample I tried a few years ago. The price is high as it's artisanal and very niche.
    If you haven't already, I recommend you ask or do a search on the Female Board. Her scents are more popular there with a few that are mentioned frequently.
    IMO worth exploring.

Oh I hdn't thought to look there, thanks! I am looking into the milk/honey/almond direction and some of hers sound ahhhmazing!!!

I can see perfume being a really expensive hobby. I think I'll get bunch of samples and only buy full bottles of things I REALLY love.

Huh. I don't see any samples on the site, only smallish sizes - is that what you're seeing too? That's a difficulty.

I have an old decant of Moroccan Mint Tea from long ago, that I love. I seem to vaguely recall that Ava Luxe drastically cut the line, and now it looks like much or all of it is back. So, another artisan house to sample! Wheee!

Surrender to Chance has some samples but they are expensive!!!! I too wish Ava did samples!

The quality of Ava Luxe perfume oil is really high. I have tried many of her scents (I have managed to acquire samples in swaps or by buying from Surrender to Chance or TPC), and without exception they have been well made. I haven't gone bottle sized on many, but one in particular, Angel Face is one of my go-to perfumes which I wear very regularly. It's a musky, slightly powdery comforting scent.

If you're into milk/almond/honey, you should probably try Loves True Bluish Light (far too milky for me!), Loukhoum, Heliotrope (one of my favourites, it's delicious), Madeline and Milk. She used to do a sweet almond scent which I loved, but this was discontinued and replaced with Amande which I find too bitter. I bought a bottle of this on spec as I couldn't get hold of a sample and to be honst, I don't like it very much.

I'm currently hankering after her new release Vanille Jolie, and I think I may end up having to buy a small bottle of perfume oil rather than find a sample.

Once in a while you can pick up samples on Ebay... I got a bunch once!
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by Bagfish View Post
    The quality of Ava Luxe perfume oil is really high. I have tried many of her scents (I have managed to acquire samples in swaps or by buying from Surrender to Chance or TPC), and without exception they have been well made. I haven't gone bottle sized on many, but one in particular, Angel Face is one of my go-to perfumes which I wear very regularly. It's a musky, slightly powdery comforting scent.

If you're into milk/almond/honey, you should probably try Loves True Bluish Light (far too milky for me!), Loukhoum, Heliotrope (one of my favourites, it's delicious), Madeline and Milk. She used to do a sweet almond scent which I loved, but this was discontinued and replaced with Amande which I find too bitter. I bought a bottle of this on spec as I couldn't get hold of a sample and to be honst, I don't like it very much.

I'm currently hankering after her new release Vanille Jolie, and I think I may end up having to buy a small bottle of perfume oil rather than find a sample.
    Oh, Loves True Bluish Light looks lovely!!! I'll check that one out. Thanks!