Code of Conduct

Default L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme still available from Guerlain's website ?

Howdy all,

I've become interested in this much talked about fragrance. The Guerlain website shows a bottle that looks just like the bottles of LIDGE that I have seen, but makes no reference to it being "Extreme". Is what is shown on the Guerlain website the extreme version, or just the regular version in EDP concentration ?

Thanks to all

Default Re: L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme still available from Guerlain's website ?

What is on the site (provided you mean this http://www.guerlain.com/int/en/base....me-eau-de.html) is what is commonly referred to as 'Extreme'.

The box makes reference to this - it says
    'Eau Extreme
    Extreme Fragrance'
    on it, but the bottle does not contain the word extreme.

Guerlainista

Default Re: L'Instant De Guerlain Extreme still available from Guerlain's website ?

Yes, that's right. The "Extreme Fragrance" is just the goofy subtitle they print on the box of the EdP version.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    What is on the site (provided you mean this http://www.guerlain.com/int/en/base....me-eau-de.html) is what is commonly referred to as 'Extreme'.

The box makes reference to this - it says
    'Eau Extreme
    Extreme Fragrance'
    on it, but the bottle does not contain the word extreme.
    Howdy Tim,

thanks for that. Yes, that was the bottle to which I referred. I did read the product description in full after you posted, and it does refer to it as Eau Extreme. I had only read it quickly earlier, having seen references on eBay and elsewhere stating that the Extreme had been discontinued.

It's a little confusing - I don't know why Guerlain would market the fragrance in this way.

Thanks again.

And thanks too rubegon

No worries, Paul.

The Extreme certainly hasn't been discontinued to my knowledge (you'd have seen every second thread on BN would have been about it ) but its distribution isn't as wide as that of the regular LIDG.

Yeah, apparently it's available in Canada for a rather reasonable price, but they made the decision not to sell it in the US.

Go figure.

The way to tell that it's the extreme version (should you come across an un-boxed bottle) is in the distinctive appearance of the bottle.

Most people consider the Extreme version to be distinct enough in it's smell that it's considered to be a different thing from the EDT. So the difference is not simply one of concentration.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 19th January 2013 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    No worries, Paul.

The Extreme certainly hasn't been discontinued to my knowledge (you'd have seen every second thread on BN would have been about it ) but its distribution isn't as wide as that of the regular LIDG.

Tim,

thanks for that. Can I assume you have a bottle of the Extreme ? If so, can you tell me where you got it ? I've tried 5 different places in Sydney without luck.

birdboy, thanks for your reply. Good info. As you can see, I'm having trouble locating in Oz as well.

I have two - a mostly full bottle and a backup.

I sourced one from a friend in Paris (his mother works in the fragrance section at one of the department stores there - I got a TONNE of Guerlain samples with it) and got the other online.

I've not seen it in Australia at all, I'm afraid. Every so often someone posts here that Strawberry Net is stocking it in limited quantities, and it's best to get in quick - the last time they had it (about 4 days ago) the stock went in less than a day. StrawberryNet always has the best price I've seen for LIDGE.

I would keep you eyes open on the BN marketplace and eBay. You'll see them pop up pretty consistently there.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    I would keep you eyes open on the BN marketplace and eBay. You'll see them pop up pretty consistently there.
    Good advice.

Thanks guys - appreciate your time.

This is the only full new bottle I could find on eBay :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guerlain-LIn...item25790282bf

What do you think ? Looks ok ?

I've looked all over Sydney as well and have never found the extreme version. I noticed last week that DJs in Market St has a new Guerlain counter and they're now selling Les Exclusifs - so maybe they'll get this in one day too!. I bought mine on amazon - blink and you'll miss it on strawberrynet!

Just watch the Sale forum, people are offering a bottle of LIDGE every couple of weeks it seems. It appears on the swap forum even more commonly because people are hoping to leverage the rarity to get another something rare they hopefully like more.
    good luck !

thanks meatball and walkdogg.

meatball - I guess there are hundreds of men's fragrances available at any given moment, even a store like DJ's can't stock every one.