Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsors

Question About Blenheim Bouquet

2012-blenheim-bouquet.jpg
    Hi everyone, i'm a freshman here. nice to know you all~
    and i had a question here :

Why Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's has no Heart Note there?
    and someone told me that there's oakmoss and treemoss accords in the base note,
    but i can't find these two from every info from the internet, even on the official site of Penhaligon.

i didn't have a chance to take sniff of the frag, so i really wonder!

Thanks guys~

Default Re: About Blenheim Bouquet

Blenheim Bouquet like a lot of Penhaligon's fragrances (and like a lot of other fragrances) has been reformulated to keep it in line with IFRA regs, and to cheapen it. It was never a very long lasting fragrance, more a classic cologne, but did have an enjoyable mossy/musky dry down. Because of IFRA the amount of moss will have been reduced (may have been removed) to a level at which it is not necessary to declare it. The musk will have been changed too.
    Last edited by David Ruskin; 21st January 2013 at 08:35 AM.

Blog Entries

All of Penhaligon's fragrances are nice, safe fragrances. Their one problem is that none of them last longer than a few hours. They also tend to be "linear" meaning they don't change smell much as they dry down. I like them all, just won't pay that much for 3hrs of longevity.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

yes just like them all said the frags are short-lasting, that's a little pity for such a magnificent scent.
    and THANK YOU for telling me something about IFRA!

- - - Updated - - -

talking about "Linear", reminds me CHANCE EAU FRA╬CHE by Chanel, because once i went to the counter of Chanel, the salesman told me that CHANCE EAU FRA╬CHE has no scent pyramid, but a different scent system, i don't remember how he called it, but now i reallize that was something about "Linear".
    i dont know, i looked up Basenotes, there were still 3 notes under CHANCE EAU FRA╬CHE's info.

- - - Updated - - -

talking about "Linear", reminds me CHANCE EAU FRA╬CHE by Chanel, because once i went to the counter of Chanel, the salesman told me that CHANCE EAU FRA╬CHE has no scent pyramid, but a different scent system, i don't remember how he called it, but now i reallize that was something about "Linear".
    i dont know, i looked up Basenotes, there were still 3 notes under CHANCE EAU FRA╬CHE's info.
    The soul of things is their scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    All of Penhaligon's fragrances are nice, safe fragrances. Their one problem is that none of them last longer than a few hours. They also tend to be "linear" meaning they don't change smell much as they dry down. I like them all, just won't pay that much for 3hrs of longevity.
    Sartorial
    Opus 1870
    LP no.9

These three project strongly for 6 hours straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Sartorial
    Opus 1870
    LP no.9

for swap/sale:

Their problem is that none of them last longer than a few hours.
    Agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Sartorial
    Opus 1870
    LP no.9

- - - Updated - - -

Sartorial
    Opus 1870
    LP no.9

I love Opus 1870, but it is based on the cedar note, and the volatility of that note disappears within 4 hours on me. I enjoy Opus, but need to lay a layer of unscented lotion down first to slow it's disappearance. LP was too feminine for my liking. I haven't tried Sartorial, perhaps I should get a sample b/c Penhaligon's customer service rep recommended it to me as lasting longer than most of their fragrances.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales