Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: What fragrances that are highly talked about have you not had a chance to sniff out yet?

Chanel Egoiste
    Creed Line
    Mugler Havane & Malt
    TF Tobacco Vanille
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: What fragrances that are highly talked about have you not had a chance to sniff out yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reinhard5490 View Post
    first of all, Creed Aventus. heard lot of appraisal and really wanna try, even I doubt if its that good
    Reinhard.....would you please do me one tiny little favor? If you really really like Aventus would you promise to not start a thread saying how great it is?

Just kidding everyone. You can put down the knives.
    Last edited by Dernier_Cri; 20th January 2013 at 07:27 PM.

There are an awful lot for me, but I've been very lucky with my collection at such a young age (21), as I feel I have a great one brewing here.

Definitely interesting in trying:

LDDM
    A lot of the Montale line
    Fou D'Absinthe (if this was cheaper, I would blind buy it)
    Ciel Man
    Bergamote 22 (too expensive for what it is, but I wouldn't mind at least smelling it)
    Jardin d'Amalfi (been close to blind buying a split for a while, but don't want to put that kind of money on the line)
    And as I said, many, many more.

Far too many...however a few stand out for me:
    Dior Homme & Dior Homme Intense (decant of homme on the way)
    Creed Windsor & Selection Verte
    Pure Malt & Pure Havane
    Chanel Sycomore (although have a decant of this on the way)
    ...& a ton of other niche fragrances...

Blog Entries

Too many, mostly the ones that are not easily available in department stores.... to name a few:

M by Puredistance

By Man by Dolce & Gabbana

Costume National Homme by Costume National

Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain

Cereus Pour Homme No. 7 by Cereus

.... and many more.

Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Banned
    Blog Entries

tobacco vanille - it's expensive.

Mito and Windsor.
    for swap/sale:

Probably the ones that are either unavailable in the U.S. market, have limited distribution, or have been discontinued. I'm sure some of this is due to the whole scarcity principle----if something is harder to get, it becomes more desirable. The Thierry Mugler company employs this, smartly, it seems as their chief sales strategy.

Other companies like Chanel, have been just as wisely pulling all their products from re-sellers, making them only available through Chanel boutiques. Scarcity in branding makes a name more desirable, guaranteed.

Stuff like LIDGE, for instance. But honestly, I can't really be bothered with trying to source $150 bottles on the after market, when they likely once sold regular retail for a third of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Both Amouage Homage and Tribute.
    Same here.

Basenotes Plus

I'm looking forward to some Slumberhouse samples in the mail. Never heard of them till this week.

Headed to Paris this weekend.. Hopefully, everything I have in the back of my head will be sniffed/sampled, making lists as i type this. I feel sorry for my sense of smell over that 2 day span.

Banned

So happy to see i have tried many you guys desperately want to try:-)

Black Afgano is such a simple scent, its smoky , radiating some peppers and patchouly, it reminded me of those frags i dont like Kokoricio...this is masculine patchoulii that opens up raw, strong, later it becomes nicer warmer...but its smoking! Radiating and i find it ggressive:-) so apply sparingly, its dense, quality but composition and idea did not impress, its just one patchouli, marketing is what does the trick i think:-)

31 Rose, pale rose scent with peppery note:-) nothing to die for:-) ....its not bad but too ordinary

Homage, puts things into perspective as someone said! I thought after buying it i will never buy another scent cause it must be better:-) i was wrong hehehe, the search and impulse for buying not even diamonds can stop:-)

Tribute i plan to order a sample!

But i have not tried as of yet Jicky:-) , Or Black, Knize 10, Musc Ravageur, Envy, MDCI none!, Slumberhouse, Missoni etc and many more:-)

Banned

Derby too:-)
    Last edited by iivanita; 27th January 2013 at 03:54 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

Just about most things...

I will be in London on Friday and i will be headhunting these particular scents.

Frederic Malle - Vetvier Extroidaneree
    Frederic Malle - Bigarade Concentree

Tom Ford PB - Neroli Portofini

Byredo - Sunday Cologne

And if i manage to find a stockist, then id also like to sample...

Christian Dior - Royale Cologne
    Christian Dior - Vetvier

These have all caught my attention recentley and im looking for some grown up/casual/relaxed/sophisticated scents to build a little collection for the year.

I shant be buying anything immediatley though, far to expensive, but sampling will be fun im sure...

Invasion Barbare and Black Afgano for starters.

New Haarlem, Musc Rav, Pure Havane, Original Santal, LIDGE, probably many more. And this is only regarding the most popular in fragcomm.

I've been wanting to sniff Invasion Barbare but haven't. I have yet to smell anything from Amouage, only sniffed Chergui and Ambre Sultan from Serge Lutens, only sniffed Musc Ravageur from the Malle line, 2 or 3 Bonds, only Tea for Two from L'Artisan, nothing from Comme de Garcons line...and many many more that I haven't mentioned.

I HAVE ALOT OF EXPERIMENTING TO DO!!
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Blog Entries

Anything Ramon Monegal.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    So happy to see i have tried many you guys desperately want to try:-)

Black Afgano is such a simple scent, its smoky , radiating some peppers and patchouly, it reminded me of those frags i dont like Kokoricio...this is masculine patchoulii that opens up raw, strong, later it becomes nicer warmer...but its smoking! Radiating and i find it ggressive:-) so apply sparingly, its dense, quality but composition and idea did not impress, its just one patchouli, marketing is what does the trick i think:-)
    When I sampled Black Afgano, it reminded me of sticking my head out the window while riding shot gun, staring into a pink purple and orange sunset, you know, the kind of sunset that only chemicals can paint. It was beauty humming like an engine, fleeting like the sunset, and very very intense. I did not see any marketing for this, it was offered to me by a friend.

I would like to try Tobacco Vanille, especially to see if it really is a higher quality version of Eau de Baux.
    "When the milk,
    tasted like perfume,
    you had been drinking from the carton,
    and I knew."

Only those unobtainable in the UK:

Lutens Borneo 1834
    All Montale fragrances
    Guerlain Derby

The one thing I'd really like to sample which I might possibly actually like is the O'Driu line. Good luck with that though, and even if I did like it, how would I get myself any.

Tons of highly chatted-about scents I haven't tried yet, but let's be honest, most of the Classic Faves are likely to smell like hot soapy death on me, like every other classic scent I have tried.

ETA: right, I forgot about CB I Hate Perfume. That, I've got to check out just for the name, although I have such high hopes of it I'm almost sure to be disappointed. There's supposed to be a place in Toronto that stocks some of those, though. I'm planning a trip in to spray some stuff around in another couple months, when wandering round Queen West won't be such a miserable experience.

I'm usually more interested in the ones that aren't highly talked about.

Anything from:
    Frederic Malle
    By Kilian
    Surge Lutens
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Dior Homme Intense

Guerlain Derby

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    The O'Driu line
    Came on here to say this.
    Also JAR

Invasion Barbare
    Portrait of a Lady

Too many.

But the ones I'm really interested to..

LIDGE
    Jardin d’Amalfi
    Pure Malt/Havane
    L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Tobacco Vanille
    New Haarlem
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Wayyyyy too many to name
    My Ultimate Top 5:

Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)

Basenotes Plus

Anything Nasomatto
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Guerlain Arsene Lupin (Dandy)

3. Roja Dove Enigma Parfum Pour Homme
    4. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    5. Puredistance Black