easyfish

Jun 26, 2009
Good morning! Enjoy your weekend!
15551561182802325_ahW687f9_f.jpg
.. Lolita Lempicka

gandhajala

Sep 3, 2010
Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you've all been well this past week. I've missed you.
So, I arrived back late last night to snow and cold. Think I preferred the sunshine and warmth of Gujarat.
Slow day today, methinks. Tired and jetlagged.
Tabac Blond it is.
Have a lovely weekend, gang.

Foustie

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2010
Welcome back G! You seem nice and cheery this morning Roberto. Alegria! :smiley:

Cloon Keen Atelier Terre De L'Encens. I was introduced to thus by galwaygirl001 and very pleased I am too!

lucasai

Mar 3, 2012
Hello Auntie Foustie and all the lovely ladies and gents.

My scent of Saturday is Amouage Opus V. Iris, oud, rose and rum. Just lovely.

nd.11973.jpg

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Morning all! Good to see you back safe gandhajala, have a good rest.

l'll be braving the snow & ice to walk to work soon, wearing Sheer Obsession to keep me warm.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Plaisir

Sep 7, 2012
Welcome back G! Coldest day so far with -18 C and though a bit too cold for my taste it is a glorious day - sunny, clear sky and everything covered in snow. Wearing Cuir Ottoman.

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Aug 9, 2005
I looked up Gujarat on a map. That is a long distance to fly. No wonder you need to recuperate, G.

Boucheron for our Saturday morning garden, nature, home-improvement shows on PBS.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Welcome back G ! :vrolijk_26:

I imagine the weather is a shock to the system after India, but it certainly casts a new perspective on things. We only live 10 minutes walk from St Albans Abbey - looks pretty impressive this morning IMO.

snow001_zps1fa71f80.jpg

snow002_zps3c962dc8.jpg

SotD is Tom Ford Extreme.

TomFordExtremeMensFragrance.jpg

Twolf

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 26, 2005
Good morning, nice smelling family. I owe everyone an apology for missing many a musings of yours but sometimes real life interferes, unapologetically and harshly. With me it is almost always Mr.T, like in 2003, 2005 and 2008. And now again, 2013. I am staying positive and strong, he is in a hospital almost 4 hours away getting better. That will pass too, they said? People in our village have been treating me with kindness.

I will have to mail out two packages, one to bookwyrm and another one to Glisten, I remember.

Fragrances have been on the back burner of sorts, I wore FM Iris Poudre and E.Coudray Fetiche. Craving light-hearted vanilla these days, can't find anything that hits the right spot: instead of being comforting, most of the fragrances with vanilla are making statements, somehow. And about 2/3 of them are either musk-based or too heavy on woods/spices/roots. Neither am I keen on simple straightforward vanilla. There were some suggestions, can't wait to try them.

SotD is Ellen Tracy.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Welcome back and be sure to rest well, Gandhajala.

Jon, what beautiful photos.

SOTD is the wonderful Roberto Cavalli Oro

Stay warm and safe, all of you dealing with the cold and snow and a good day to all.

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
I have been testing La Petite Robe Noire 2012 version today.
It starts off very nicely - a rich, sweet blackcherry/ dark rose/ black tea note but on
my skin it fades within a couple of hours to a non-descript vanilla/
patchouli. The top notes are what it is all about

30 Roses

Oct 8, 2007
((Twolf)) You and Mr. T have been much in our thoughts. I wish I could mail you a flying carpet -- 4 hours away is a real problem for visiting.

Winter cold is with us, appropriate enough weather for January but I am no fan of it.
SotD is Creed FdTRB to remind me that Spring is coming.

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
(((((Wolfie))))) I missed your post first time around; we must have posted simultaneously. Wishing Mr T a speedy and full recovery. You are both in my thoughts.

PerfumedLady

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 4, 2010
(((Twolfie))), so sorry to hear. We've been missing and asking for you. I hope Mr.T will be home very soon; glad to hear they say it will pass. I'll be wishing the very best for you both and you can rest assured, you'll be in my thoughts often.

So nice to have our gandhajala home with us! Smothering you with hugs right now!

Gorgeous pics, Jon! I have no use for winter and even I cannot deny that is one beautiful scene. Just lovely.

Blue_Eyez, you smell wonderful! Have had a lot of Cristalle EDP cravings myself this winter.

In Gap Smooth Sandalwood today, from jujy's pass. I have really taken my time exploring these jasmines and sandalwoods; hope to wrap it up this weekend!

Kiliwia

Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2010
So happy to see you (((Twolf))) and Gandhajala.

Weather today is just plain nasty. Windy and blowing snow right now, -7 F
wind chills. This time tomorrow it will be -15F with a -31 wind chill. A good
weekend to stay inside!

Trying a sample of Etat Libre d'Orange Afternoon of a Faun, with notes of
bergamot, pepper, cinnamon, incense, rose, immortal flower, orris, jasmine,
myrrh of Namibia, moss, leather and benzoin. I like the myrrh, incense and
leather vibe.

Have a nice Saturday!:smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.