Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    49

    Default Fake or real AdG?

    What do you guys think of my Acqua di Gio bottle, is it real or fake?

    Received this 6.7 oz bottle from some kind of giveaway recently, I guess around 1 oz is used already.
    Here are some pics:










    - The stem is not straight
    - The sprayer is NOT leaking
    - I can lift the bottle by holding it from the cap, so it's not loose

    Longevity seems to be a few hours, it's not amazing but since I hadn't used ADG before I can't tell whether that's right or not. I have to say it was a very cold day, as it is winter here though.

    Could anyone help me out?

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,874

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    Seems OK to me.

  3. #3
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,808

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    real

  4. #4

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    Looks good to me

  5. #5

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    Does the cap fit well and if you look at the underside closely is there a little hole in it? Also, can you rub off the print on the front of the bottle with your fingernails?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    Looks like the one I have

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    I don't see anything to indicate a fake. Why are you asking if you don't have any specific concerns?
    Current Top Five:

    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I don't see anything to indicate a fake. Why are you asking if you don't have any specific concerns?
    Plus you got it for free
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

  9. #9

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    I just checked on the stem issue and in the 200ml bottles the stem in fact does bend to the side unlike the smaller bottles that are straight. Looks totally legit, I never got good longevity with AdG myself, and that's one reason why I don't wear it. Considering this bottle now goes for $105 you got a good $80 worth of AdG for free
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

  10. #10
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Fake or real AdG?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Does the cap fit well and if you look at the underside closely is there a little hole in it? Also, can you rub off the print on the front of the bottle with your fingernails?
    Yes the cap fits perfectly and the hole is also there. And I can't get the print off :P

    Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I don't see anything to indicate a fake. Why are you asking if you don't have any specific concerns?
    I just wanted to be sure in case I ever want to sell it. Don't want to sell or swap fake stuff obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    I just checked on the stem issue and in the 200ml bottles the stem in fact does bend to the side unlike the smaller bottles that are straight. Looks totally legit, I never got good longevity with AdG myself, and that's one reason why I don't wear it. Considering this bottle now goes for $105 you got a good $80 worth of AdG for free
    Alright, thanks for checking out! Longevity is quite poor yeah, especially compared to the fragrance I tend to wear a lot lately, which is LIDGE :')

    Anyways, I know enough. Thanks everyone for helping me out!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12th February 2014, 06:16 PM
  2. real or fake SMW?
    By bigtyivier2k2 in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th August 2012, 11:32 PM
  3. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 19th December 2011, 01:40 AM
  4. Is this REAL or FAKE??
    By leic in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd January 2008, 10:41 PM
  5. real or fake??
    By FrosteeFerret in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th June 2007, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000