Code of Conduct

Question Xerjoff, oud series ..are they made with natural agarwood...?? Or synthetic..?

I am paying attention to their prices.
    I suppose they work with the best raw materials, notwithstanding paying 350,00 euros for a citrus I thing it is overwhelming.
    Regarding to they new line , AGARWOOD, the prices are a little bit higher.
    Are they using in the formulas PURE AOUD.
    The same line of thinking I apply to The Arabians from Guerlain..Pricy and natural ???
    Do they worth their prices ???

Default Re: Xerjoff, oud series ..are they made with natural agarwood...?? Or synthetic..?

Andy Tauer says no, I myself have no idea.

Default Re: Xerjoff, oud series ..are they made with natural agarwood...?? Or synthetic..?

Real quality oud costs much more than 300usd PER ML so i would say, NO.

As far as I'm aware yes, since they even go as far as to describe where the oud is from in each composition.

Yes, real Oud is used in the Oud stars scents.

Just because Andy Tauer says so does not make it true across the board. Many companies do make Oud scents that claim to have Oud in them but they really dont.

With Xerjoff, Sergio personally travels to all the locations where Oud is harvested and buys it.

Now its important to understand that there is a difference with regards to having a scent that is 50ml of pure Oud and having a scent that contains real oud. The Xerjoff Oud stars line never claims to be a 50ml bottle of pure Oud. These are compositions with different scent profiles that contain real oud in them. One only has to smell Zafar to know what really aged oud smells like.

In addition, many people keep stating that they are sick of the Oud bandwagon. In reality it is not a "Bandwagon" material. Its like saying that people are sick of Rose or Patchouli scents that keep being released. Oud is a newly introduced scent in the western world so it is natural that perfume companies would be excited to create new scents with this note. So naturally there will be many releases with Oud in them because it does offer a very exotic profile that many people havent experienced before.

I hope this helps.

I have no idea but the majority of them smell great. Surely among the best releases by Xerjoff.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

The Oud Stars have the real Oud within their ingreidents which is why a lot of them smell funky and can be a challege to wear.

From my small experience with real oud oils, I have to say when I smell Zafar, I tell myself there's no way this one doesn't contain real oud. In fact I would suggest it to people who want to experience oud in a fragrance from a western house, just to see how some variety of oud can smell like.
    To me the Xerjoff's beat the Guerlain's, Killian's, Mona's etc.. in that aspect, after that it's a matter of taste and blends.
    I respect the work of Andy Tauer and have no idea about the current lab technologies, however if Zafar was all made of pure synthetic materials, I would be damn impressed.. Did he explicitly say the Xerjoff's has no real oud in it or just an overall statement about oud fragrances nowadays??
    For the record, I don't even want to wear Zafar but I do respect the ouuud in it

It was just an overall statement, had nothing to do with Xerjoff, so let's not blow that out of proportion folks. Again, chances are, even Zafar is mainly synthetic, just based on cost alone. Maybe there's some real oud mixed in with the cost, but who cares? If it smells great to you, what do you care if it's real oud, or McDonalds french fry grease?

Anyway, Creed Royal Oud is 100% real oud. It's just a bottle of pure oud oil that's been purified in a Brita Filter.

I have Oud Stars and it sure as heck smells like real Oud. Especially Zafar

Don't know for sure but probably not.

Sergio Momo said himself that they contain real oud but in some cases only small amounts. Some of them cannot be continued because of the supply of oud, for example Alexandria is running low in stock and the original ingredients are no longer available