I'm in the 'It's OK, but nothing special' camp.
Thread: LIDGE: don't believe the hype!
this juice doesn't need it, one of the best out right now!
I'm in the 'It's OK, but nothing special' camp.
From the thread title, I was all set to come and berate the OP Good thing he's just messing with us.
I think it's a great fragrance, sure enough, but there's something about it that keeps me from thinking it's a masterpiece.
I think it's the sweet chocolatey-musk drydown that does it, but hey, there's not much else out out there that does the same thing (let alone nearly as well) and its longevity and effect on the fairer sex can't be faulted, so maybe it does deserve its reputation.
Easily an 8.5/10 fragrance for me, and I'm a hard marker.
definitely above average, borderline 1 of the greats, I'm sure it's not the best in that house
I am so happy I have this one. Brilliant. In my mind one of the best there is. Certainly at this price point. Can get cloying on me though...which is not always a bad thing if you learn how to wear the scent and when. Do not over spray! This one grows without a doubt on me. I LOVE stronger scents but more than two sprays chokes me out. One spray and I love it and so do people around me. Complemets galore with one spray usually under my shirt and one on my wrist dabbed to the other. Best $70 bottle I ever bought.
Most worn scents according to my haphazard use of the SOTD...so perhaps my favorites.
1. Epic Man by Amouage (24 wears)
2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (22 wears)
3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (18 wears)
4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (15 wears)
5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (14 wears)
6. Fate Man by Amouage (13 wears)
7. Interlude Man by Amouage (12 wears plus)
8. Journey Man by Amouage (12 wears)
9. Terré d'Hermés by Hermés (12 wears)
10. Sycomore by Channel (11 wears)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Seemed to thick and cloying on me.
Is the juice worth the squeeze?
They did a good job creating a scent that appeals to people with a specific olfactory sensibility.
Visit my huge swap page: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/211...-ml-Gotham-etc
Or visit my Sales page: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/211...o-make-offers!
Samples, etc. for Sale at my Crystal Flacon page: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=282
My fragrance blog: http://bigslyfragrance.wordpress.com/
Fantastic Juice, suits me perfectly.
Good juice for sure, but "one of the best"?
Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here
Never tried it. I'm quite sure it's "really good" but I doubt it's the best.
Mature, lovely scent. Great juice for sure.
I have yet to smell Pardon to compare these two, I've heard Nasomatto's is an improved version of LIDGE.
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what's a heaven for?"
- Robert Browning, "Andrea del Sarto"
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Best not to believe the hype on this one or you may end up just a little disappointed.
Haven't tried it, though I'd be willing to. I used to have a bias against sweet scents, but that changed a bit when I embraced 1 Million.
And I found out yesterday that I sort of like YSL LaNuit. So I guess we can all evolve in our tastes.
It's nice. But I can't quite understand some of the fascination with this one.
Current Fall Favorites:
1. Creed - Spice & Wood
2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
3. Brückner - Aoud 1
4. Creed - Aventus
5. Dior - Vetiver
6. Armani Privè - Cedre Olympe
7. Ermenegildo Zegna - Haitian Vetiver
8. Ermenegildo Zegna - Javanese Patchouli
9. AJ Arabia - I
10. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
Update: Just went and looked at the reviews for LIDGE.
57 positive... 4 neutral.... 2 negative
That's impressive. You don't get much higher ratio of good to bad than that. Maybe there is something to this juice.
Last edited by bigsteve; 20th January 2013 at 02:16 PM.
A wonderful scent for sure.
I have a swap going for LIDGE right now. It's a blind swap for me, because I've never smelled it.
I figured with all of the hype, it must be something great. Does it compare in any way to A*Men? I'm not big on gourmand scents and I didn't like A*Men.
Last edited by steve0580; 20th January 2013 at 02:56 PM.
On of the better and less generic gourmands available, especially in today's fragrance market.
A gourmand that isn't overly sweet. Wonderful stuff
I didn't like it after testing it on my skin numerous times. Then, I fell in love with it after finally giving it a full wearing to work two winter seasons ago.
Just sniffed the one out for the first time a few days ago and i must say this is by far my favorite cocoa-gourmand scent. Nothing compares to me, not even DHI
I love it. Thank goodness it is easily (and cheaply) available in the UK.
Like it a lot.
I like it a lot, but somehow I don't feel compelled to buy a full bottle.