Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD: Sunday 20th Jan 2013

Today was the day to break the seal and cut the cord of my vintage Chant D'Aromes. I'm delighted to announce it is the perfect Guerlain peach chypre with aldehydic honeysuckle and REAL oakmoss.

An amazing composition when all its components are in perfect condition and harmony

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Bitterly cold weather is expected here this week too, and some snow is possible.

I'm wearing Provence Santé Tilleul/Linden -- really nice in winter.

Tonight we'll take my mother out to Cracker Barrel for supper-- she seems to like the food and the little shop. and hopefully there won't be a long wait since it's Sunday night. Waiting to be seated is a real problem when you have an elderly person with you, especially as waiting area seating in heated areas is often limited.

Hopefully this post will go through (fingers crossed). I've been trying for a long time and it either freezes or I get signed out. Anyone else having problems, too?

Well sunny and cold today with a chance of -45F wind chills tonight. We aren't expected to be above zero til next Friday. So to combat this I'm wearing a scent that reminds me of summer, Bond #9 Fire Island. All I have to do is close my eyes and pretend I'm on a beach somewhere working on a tan. Helps a little.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Feminite du Bois (Shiseido)
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Hopefully this post will go through (fingers crossed). I've been trying for a long time and it either freezes or I get signed out. Anyone else having problems, too?
    Constantly

Me, too. I tried to pm you, Jon, but the site wonked out on me. Just wanted to say how good it is to see you here again, even though I haven't been on as much lately as I used to. Wearing vintage Chantilly today (of course!).

Basenotes Institution

We have had some snow, not much, about 5cm (2") -- just enough to make everything clean and dangerous (with the black ice hiding underneath the white pretties). It will get almost as cold as Kiliwia's tonight. I came home from the restaurant with my plantar faciitis screaming "Ibuprofen, already, you hear me?", made myself a pot of tea and am having a cuppa with rare treat -- a bar of raspberry filled dark chocolate from Poland (found, of all places, at a Dollar Tree store). WIll do nothing -- hands are sore and might stain the fabric, will just curl in front of the TV in an easy chair. Have I told you: I sleep like Mickey Mouse with gloves and a layer of vaseline on?

SotE isMauboussin.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Constantly
    Amen, brother! Having BN difficulties more often than not these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Have I told you: I sleep like Mickey Mouse with gloves and a layer of vaseline on?
    Just call me Minnie, then. I do the same (except I've been recently using one of the thick Burt's Bees creams, can't think of the name ATM) in the winter due to excema. Is this what's hurting your hands, too? This year is bad; some of my cracks have turned into deep wounds already. Going to be a long winter.

Received a Sarrasins soaked cotton ball from jujy about a week ago and have managed to keep it wet; dabbed that on today. When it's dry, I have a beautiful scent locket from Warum that will help me get more mileage out of it. Really loving the Sarrasins!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

SotE:

Envy for Men by Gucci (vintage) on left arm, Chergui by Serge Lutens on the other.

Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

I've been having problems with the site too - very slow, which is ominous...

Twolf, I'd love to wear vaseline and gloves to bed! I just never got up the courage to do it. Maybe I will now - I basically ignore my hands in the winter, and they get really dry.

SOTD (I'm a little slow, because I'm sampling, so being very broadband today) -

Heeley's Agarwoud extrait - mmm, so perfect for a snowy January day. It surprised me in not being as dense or intense as most ouds. It actually has some air (and a touch of fruit). I'm liking it!

On the other arm (fulfilling my 2013 perfume resolution to explore AbdesSalaam fragrances) - Legni Pregiati (Precious Woods). Another nice one for January, when there are no green or earth scents in the air anymore - roughly earthy woody, deep, affecting. Mmmm

I like them both!

SotA was Guerlain Angelique Noire (from a sample). So rich and lovely. Such beautiful notes. Seems another spritz is in order for SotE.

Stay warm all.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

heart of ice

Rough day for me, my RA has decided to flare in one knee, one hand, and my right jaw. I can barely open my mouth ... which my hubby says is sometimes a good thing! I'm wearing the beautiful L'Heure de Nuit for the cheerful factor it has.

hugs to all (especially my sister-in-pain, Twolf) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Feel better soon, shades!

Wore Annick Goutal Mandragore (waves to Furriner) earlier and am wearing Alien Liqueur de Parfum with teardrop tonight.

Many thanks to all who sent birthday salutations and good wishes to my beloved on his 50th birthday. We continue to celebrate throughout the week. I made his favorite banana & pecan buttermilk pancakes, cherrywood smoked thick sliced bacon, extra crispy & Starbucks French roast coffee for breakfast this morning.

Then Sofie & I canned tomatos. Busy, busy....

Lots of hugs to my fragrance family!
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Blog Entries

Midnight Poison EDP
    <span style="font-family:book antiqua;"><strong><em><font size="6"><span style="color:#000080;">
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel