Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Sunday 20th Jan 2013

Good morning all !. Time to batten down the hatches here - the snow that was supposed to be arriving around midday is coming down with a vengeance already and looks set in for the day. Sunday roast to prepare and something warming to select from the drinks cabinet. Work tomorrow should be fun .

SotD is Vol de Nuit.

Seems appropriate today -

Default Re: SotD: Sunday 20th Jan 2013

Good morning!
    ...HM

Bitterly cold, windy and snowless here. Weird.

Guerlain Cuir Beluga.

Welcome back Wolfie.

Scentless as yet. Waiting for inspiration th strike

Sampling Perris Monte Carlo Musk Extreme today

Delicious Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme today (from a sample).

Good Morning Everyone,

House twin with Mr. Rodgers: Guerlain Li¨.

Have a lovely Sunday, whatever you're up to.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude. Have a lovely Sunday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. A sample of Huitieme Art Parfums Myrrhiad.
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Sunday 20th Jan 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Will be spending the day grinding out yet another paper for this degree I didn't really need and probably should never have started! AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

But I will be doing it in Samsara EDP

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Bitterly cold is right, Twolf. The temp is 7░C/-13░F. The wind is blowing an assaulting 20 mph. And what did DD sign us up to do? Volunteer at an outdoor run at the zoo this morning. I am going only out of motherly love. BRRRRR! Don't know if I'll smell anything through my six layers of clothes, but Black Vetyver Cafe will be in there somewhere.

Twolf, if you go outside and feel a gush of warmth from the east, that's my heart pumping a torrent of care for your well-being. You are brilliant and strong and courageous and loved by many.

Tom Ford ~ Noir

Thank you, guys. While I am humbled, I can't do it without you -- many of you have provided much needed support and encouragement through tough times. Thank you again.

..Romeo Gigli - Sud Est

Shanaan by Micallef

Annick Goutal Mandragore.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Today was Lush Snowcake first, then A*Men Pure Havane in the evening.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Blog Entries

Good afternoon, all!

Just back from work again; there's been a slight thaw here today although it's still snowing. l expect it'll all freeze again overnight though, & apparently it's going to stay like this for a few days yet, which l'm actually pleased about. lt makes such a nice change from rain, & l love how beautiful everything looks in the snow. l'll be sad when it's gone.

SOTD was Ginger by Gorilla perfumes.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello everyone -

I'm in HdP 1889 Moulin Rouge this morning. Y'all have a fantastic day!

Welcome back, gandhajala! I hope you managed some fun along with your work.

Welcome back to you too, (((Wolfie))) - I'm so glad to see you here! Sending more thoughts of love, support and encouragement to you and Mr.T, and hoping that he's home with you soon.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by BooRad859 View Post
    Tom Ford ~ Noir
    This one.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Basenotes Institution

Last night we had fog in Miami - we NEVER have fog. It made driving around (with my stereo in my car blasting, like it always is) like something out of a movie. Wonderfully surreal. The temps have inched back up, it's hot and sunny this afternoon - suntan weather, actually.

Woke up feeling sort of 'grey', I had to force myself to do some errands around the house to get my mental gears moving. While I did this I dabbed on some of Momma Quarry's favorite's (first time from a sample):

Sexy 9 by Trish McEvoy

I am not a musk person. In fact, as many of you know, I can't smell many musks (nothing!). But I do enjoy a good fruit note and this one doesn't disappoint. The blackberry is very tart, almost red-currant-esque. I wish I could smell the musk to see how it intermingles with the berry notes, but nonetheless the vanilla and tempered sweetness helps me visualize a bowl of berries, dusted with sugar and vanilla extract. I like it Quarry! I also feel, at least olfactorily, you are here with me today keeping me cheered up.

Bear hugs to all of you in bitterly cold weather = stay warm!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

PDN New York today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Very windy and cold here too. I just can't stop wearing EL PC Tuberose Gardenia. So I won't

Teardrop - glad to hear you are getting relief from the constant rain.

To all who are experiencing intense challenges, heartbreaks, whatever distress it may be, please be kind to yourself. You"ll get through it.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Banned

Hello folks:-)

Fracas and Cuir de Russie today , i need to wear that thing while its winter :-)

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir.

Good Evening,

More good wishes winging their way to Mr.T ( and to Mrs.T, also ).
    Evangeline . Thank you, I did indeed have plenty of fun in addition to work.

Cuir de Russie ( current EdT ) this evening.

Best to all and keep warm !

SOTE
    ...........from a sample

Blog Entries

Thanks pomander, you smell fab!

SOTE is Alien Liqueur de Parfum, & we're off out for a couple of beers (again) at our cosy local. Cheers all!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

SOTE is Donna Karen Black Cashmere. And a nice moroccan tagine for dinner. Yum on both counts.

Today was the day to break the seal and cut the cord of my vintage Chant D'Aromes. I'm delighted to announce it is the perfect Guerlain peach chypre with aldehydic honeysuckle and REAL oakmoss.

An amazing composition when all its components are in perfect condition and harmony

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Bitterly cold weather is expected here this week too, and some snow is possible.

I'm wearing Provence SantÚ Tilleul/Linden -- really nice in winter.

Tonight we'll take my mother out to Cracker Barrel for supper-- she seems to like the food and the little shop. and hopefully there won't be a long wait since it's Sunday night. Waiting to be seated is a real problem when you have an elderly person with you, especially as waiting area seating in heated areas is often limited.

Basenotes Plus

Hopefully this post will go through (fingers crossed). I've been trying for a long time and it either freezes or I get signed out. Anyone else having problems, too?

Well sunny and cold today with a chance of -45F wind chills tonight. We aren't expected to be above zero til next Friday. So to combat this I'm wearing a scent that reminds me of summer, Bond #9 Fire Island. All I have to do is close my eyes and pretend I'm on a beach somewhere working on a tan. Helps a little.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Feminite du Bois (Shiseido)
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Hopefully this post will go through (fingers crossed). I've been trying for a long time and it either freezes or I get signed out. Anyone else having problems, too?
    Constantly

Me, too. I tried to pm you, Jon, but the site wonked out on me. Just wanted to say how good it is to see you here again, even though I haven't been on as much lately as I used to. Wearing vintage Chantilly today (of course!).

We have had some snow, not much, about 5cm (2") -- just enough to make everything clean and dangerous (with the black ice hiding underneath the white pretties). It will get almost as cold as Kiliwia's tonight. I came home from the restaurant with my plantar faciitis screaming "Ibuprofen, already, you hear me?", made myself a pot of tea and am having a cuppa with rare treat -- a bar of raspberry filled dark chocolate from Poland (found, of all places, at a Dollar Tree store). WIll do nothing -- hands are sore and might stain the fabric, will just curl in front of the TV in an easy chair. Have I told you: I sleep like Mickey Mouse with gloves and a layer of vaseline on?

SotE isMauboussin.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Constantly
    Amen, brother! Having BN difficulties more often than not these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Have I told you: I sleep like Mickey Mouse with gloves and a layer of vaseline on?
    Just call me Minnie, then. I do the same (except I've been recently using one of the thick Burt's Bees creams, can't think of the name ATM) in the winter due to excema. Is this what's hurting your hands, too? This year is bad; some of my cracks have turned into deep wounds already. Going to be a long winter.

Received a Sarrasins soaked cotton ball from jujy about a week ago and have managed to keep it wet; dabbed that on today. When it's dry, I have a beautiful scent locket from Warum that will help me get more mileage out of it. Really loving the Sarrasins!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

SotE:

Envy for Men by Gucci (vintage) on left arm, Chergui by Serge Lutens on the other.

I've been having problems with the site too - very slow, which is ominous...

Twolf, I'd love to wear vaseline and gloves to bed! I just never got up the courage to do it. Maybe I will now - I basically ignore my hands in the winter, and they get really dry.

SOTD (I'm a little slow, because I'm sampling, so being very broadband today) -

Heeley's Agarwoud extrait - mmm, so perfect for a snowy January day. It surprised me in not being as dense or intense as most ouds. It actually has some air (and a touch of fruit). I'm liking it!

On the other arm (fulfilling my 2013 perfume resolution to explore AbdesSalaam fragrances) - Legni Pregiati (Precious Woods). Another nice one for January, when there are no green or earth scents in the air anymore - roughly earthy woody, deep, affecting. Mmmm

I like them both!

SotA was Guerlain Angelique Noire (from a sample). So rich and lovely. Such beautiful notes. Seems another spritz is in order for SotE.

Stay warm all.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

summer means fireflys

Rough day for me, my RA has decided to flare in one knee, one hand, and my right jaw. I can barely open my mouth ... which my hubby says is sometimes a good thing! I'm wearing the beautiful L'Heure de Nuit for the cheerful factor it has.

hugs to all (especially my sister-in-pain, Twolf) ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Feel better soon, shades!

Wore Annick Goutal Mandragore (waves to Furriner) earlier and am wearing Alien Liqueur de Parfum with teardrop tonight.

Many thanks to all who sent birthday salutations and good wishes to my beloved on his 50th birthday. We continue to celebrate throughout the week. I made his favorite banana & pecan buttermilk pancakes, cherrywood smoked thick sliced bacon, extra crispy & Starbucks French roast coffee for breakfast this morning.

Then Sofie & I canned tomatos. Busy, busy....

Lots of hugs to my fragrance family!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Midnight Poison EDP
    <span style="font-family:book antiqua;"><strong><em><font size="6"><span style="color:#000080;">
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL