Code of Conduct

Thread: Zirh Ikon Pure

Default Zirh Ikon Pure

I was just checking out how Zirh is doing at relaunching their line and found this, which I hadn't heard anything about:

http://www.zirh.com/product.aspx?f=149

Default Re: Zirh Ikon Pure

Thanks for the info. I like the original IKON and will definitely blind buy this one.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Whoa. I'm definitely interested. I enjoy Ikon when the weather gets cold. I wore it yesterday, in fact. I wonder if/when this one will hit the bargain bin. The original Ikon can be had for as little as $10! And since we're talking about Zirh, I have to say that Corduroy is seriously underrated. I hate the bottle, and I don't think the name matches the scent, but the scent is excellent. And what a bargain! Even at full price, I think Corduroy is worth seeking out, but I may have paid as little as $10 for mine and I really enjoy the stuff.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Like both Corduroy and Ikon. Great bang for your buck house.

Thanks for the link/info. I just recently got a bottle of Ikon in a swap and do like it for cooler weather. This looks like it might be nice when things warm up again. Hopefully the price will drop soon just as with the others, then I'll definitely pick it up.

Looks good, based on notes. Not sure who does Zirh's fragrances, but so far, they have all been winners for me. i won't blind buy this, rather, I'll wait for it to hit shelves at discounters and blind buy it then for a low price.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Blog Entries

Thanks for the heads up. I like Ikon, too, and I'll check out Ikon Pure once it hits my local Perfumania. Hopefully, the price is within the $10-$15 range.

Thanks. The only thing wrong with the original Ikon was that I couldn't get it to project very much at all. I hope this one gets over that deficiency.
    Regards,
    Renato

I need to keep a look out at TJMaxx for Ikon debuted in that store.

This one has been out for a while, and I have heard nothing about it, except maybe 1 review that was quite biased and didn't even dissect the fragrance, the person just said it smelled like crap basically.

Has anyone tried this who can provide an actual helpful review? Thanks.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Has anyone tried this who can provide an actual helpful review? Thanks.
    Ginger, Cardamom, Lemon, Davana, Frosted pear, Lime, Cinnamon, Orris root, Labdanum, Water lily, Green ivy, Frankincense, Cedar, Ambergris, Patchouli, Vetiver

From the opening I get a lime/ginger accord. In the mid the fruity pear is complimented by a watery/aquatic accord. The base is highlighted by the labdanum/incense/ambergris.

The opening is fresh & light, non descript, but not too synthetic. The mid is IMHO the high point of the fragrance as the hesperidic notes dissipate, revealing a nice pear supported probably by the davana, which is usually used for sweet and fruity accords. The dry down is quite similar to the incense/smokiness of the original Ikon, without the soapy accord. It’s a clean incense, anchored by rock rose & amber.

Longevity is at most 3 hours, with a slightly musky dry down after such time. Sillage remains within ones personal space & is a skin scent past the half hour mark.

If I were to compare it to anything else, I would say it has similarities to Boss Bottled Sport, without the lavender. It’s a light & inexpensive scent which would work best at high humidity in the summer/day time, in order to get the most out of this fragrance. You can’t possibly overspray it at all, so those with trigger fingers could feel pleased to go ahead and shoot this off to their hearts content.

Overall this isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread, nor has it reinvented the wheel. What it is though, is an inexpensive, inoffensive, work place safe scent which would complement those who enjoyed the original Ikon, with a bright citrus opening as opposed to the original soapy drydown & are looking for something to add to their summer wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arij View Post
    Ginger, Cardamom, Lemon, Davana, Frosted pear, Lime, Cinnamon, Orris root, Labdanum, Water lily, Green ivy, Frankincense, Cedar, Ambergris, Patchouli, Vetiver

From the opening I get a lime/ginger accord. In the mid the fruity pear is complimented by a watery/aquatic accord. The base is highlighted by the labdanum/incense/ambergris.

The opening is fresh & light, non descript, but not too synthetic. The mid is IMHO the high point of the fragrance as the hesperidic notes dissipate, revealing a nice pear supported probably by the davana, which is usually used for sweet and fruity accords. The dry down is quite similar to the incense/smokiness of the original Ikon, without the soapy accord. It’s a clean incense, anchored by rock rose & amber.

Longevity is at most 3 hours, with a slightly musky dry down after such time. Sillage remains within ones personal space & is a skin scent past the half hour mark.

If I were to compare it to anything else, I would say it has similarities to Boss Bottled Sport, without the lavender. It’s a light & inexpensive scent which would work best at high humidity in the summer/day time, in order to get the most out of this fragrance. You can’t possibly overspray it at all, so those with trigger fingers could feel pleased to go ahead and shoot this off to their hearts content.

Overall this isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread, nor has it reinvented the wheel. What it is though, is an inexpensive, inoffensive, work place safe scent which would complement those who enjoyed the original Ikon, with a bright citrus opening as opposed to the original soapy drydown & are looking for something to add to their summer wardrobe.
    Thanks for the great, in depth review, very helpful!
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Wouldn't mind trying this if given the opportunity. However, didn't like the original.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.